help! phone not getting any power?

Search This thread

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
so I installed unicon from the playstore, activated it in xposed, rebooted, applied an icon theme, rebooted again and my phone locked up on the htc screen. I held power off until it shut off and now my phone will not turn on at all. ive held power and volume up, ive held power and volume down, ive held just power... ive plugged the phone into the charger and its not even showing the charge light...any suggestions? im starting to get a little nervous.. ive had plenty of problems w/ my android phones when running custom stuff but never to the point of not even getting the screen to turn on...

andybones

Retired Forum Moderator / Inactive RD
May 18, 2010
Google Pixel 5
so I installed unicon from the playstore, activated it in xposed, rebooted, applied an icon theme, rebooted again and my phone locked up on the htc screen. I held power off until it shut off and now my phone will not turn on at all. ive held power and volume up, ive held power and volume down, ive held just power... ive plugged the phone into the charger and its not even showing the charge light...any suggestions? im starting to get a little nervous.. ive had plenty of problems w/ my android phones when running custom stuff but never to the point of not even getting the screen to turn on...

Man, these S-OFF M8's are dropping like hot cakes..
I wonder if Verizon is somehow behind this and going to push an OTA to break S-OFF exploit and leaving us screwed with a refurb and no way to root/S-OFF.

Reactions: Powell730

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
I wonder if Verizon is somehow behind this and going to push an OTA to break S-OFF exploit and leaving us screwed with a refurb and no way to root/S-OFF.

I got mine to come back on... thankfully before I read your post, otherwise I woulda went into shear panic :)

If it is something to do with Verizon then pulling my SD Card and SIM Card and it coming on after that makes sense. I tried everything I could think of before that and said well... cant think of anything else so i'll pull the sim and sd card, initially it did nothing, but then I just taped the power button a few times and it kicked on and booted up. inserted the sim card and sd card and all has been fine. im scared to turn it off though.

EDIT: so I took the chance, I wanted to backup after the scare.. everything went fine.. still weary about rebooting but the 1st one went ok.

Last edited:

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I got mine to come back on... thankfully before I read your post, otherwise I woulda went into shear panic :)

If it is something to do with Verizon then pulling my SD Card and SIM Card and it coming on after that makes sense. I tried everything I could think of before that and said well... cant think of anything else so i'll pull the sim and sd card, initially it did nothing, but then I just taped the power button a few times and it kicked on and booted up. inserted the sim card and sd card and all has been fine. im scared to turn it off though.

EDIT: so I took the chance, I wanted to backup after the scare.. everything went fine.. still weary about rebooting but the 1st one went ok.

So you're saying that removing the Sim card may have let your phone boot? That's f'd up.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Powell730

Dec 6, 2010
So you're saying that removing the Sim card may have let your phone boot? That's f'd up.

Possibly, i obviously have no proof. it may have been a coincidence, but once I removed the sim it booted.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Free mobile app

wtoj34

Jan 28, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Possibly, i obviously have no proof. it may have been a coincidence, but once I removed the sim it booted.

There's very little big red could do to surprise me right now. Could someone more knowledgeable on the topic of how Sim cards function and their limit to how they can interact with a phone chime in?

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I am convinced Verizon is causing these random phones dropping dead. Got me thinking about the xlte. That's gotta communicate directly with the Sim. Could there be something in that? Also gotta bring up the my verizon root perms. I'm completely speculating I have very little knowledge on this territory.

Reactions: Powell730

robocuff

Jul 23, 2011
There's another thread about this same thing. Either in the Verizon M8 forum or the regular M8 forum. Don't remember which one. Anyway, in the end, that person ended up pulling just the sdcard and the phone booted up. Put it back in and it wouldn't boot. He/she then formatted the card on a Windows computer, put it back in and it booted up. Makes me wonder if your problem wasn't due to the sdcard too. You might consider backing up the contents of it on a computer. Just in case.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's another thread about this same thing. Either in the Verizon M8 forum or the regular M8 forum. Don't remember which one. Anyway, in the end, that person ended up pulling just the sdcard and the phone booted up. Put it back in and it wouldn't boot. He/she then formatted the card on a Windows computer, put it back in and it booted up. Makes me wonder if your problem wasn't due to the sdcard too. You might consider backing up the contents of it on a computer. Just in case.

Man that sucks .. Sorry man : (
    @Andy What could big red have done to be behind this?

There's very little big red could do to surprise me right now. Could someone more knowledgeable on the topic of how Sim cards function and their limit to how they can interact with a phone chime in?

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

I am convinced Verizon is causing these random phones dropping dead. Got me thinking about the xlte. That's gotta communicate directly with the Sim. Could there be something in that? Also gotta bring up the my verizon root perms. I'm completely speculating I have very little knowledge on this territory.