[Q]how to create a flashble zip of a rom u currently have!!!....

Search This thread

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
Hey guys so I made changes in rom on my phone .... Lots of changes and wanted to create zip file for it...... So I just wanted to know how to do it....... Pls help thanks.........

Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)

Vivek_Neel

Inactive Recognized Contributor / Themer
Dec 23, 2012
Chennai
Reactions: jwjenkins36

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
I am sorry sir..... But you don't understand I have a rom on my phone and I want to make zip file of it with the changes that are already there.....

If u made changes to the system and have root, get a terminal emulator and use the following code:
Code:
 dd if=(system partition) of=(extraction place) BS=4096

So on my phone it would look like:

Code:
 dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/mnt/extSdCard/system.img BS=4096

The SYSTEM.IMG is all my system files, compressed into a .img file.

Now you're going to need something like Dsixda's kitchen. Open it and place the system image in the original zip folder. Now open the kitchen and choose MAKE WORKING FOLDER FROM ROM (or something along those lines; I don't have a reference in front of me). The kitchen should convert the system image into a normal ROM files and u can simply zip them up (don't forget the META-INF folder)

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

More info can be found HERE

Reactions: tazmaniondvl

MYKH

Apr 1, 2014
Jakarta
I'm using "apktool4.4 run on android" to create rom from my device's system

You can download here, and install it..
code*google*com/p/apktool/downloads/list

to create rom just tap menu button an choose "create ROM"

but you need to create your own updater-script to make your rom perfectly installed..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys so I made changes in rom on my phone .... Lots of changes and wanted to create zip file for it...... So I just wanted to know how to do it....... Pls help thanks.........

Did u search? http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2290009

And I don't think you should be asking these type of questions in this section.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    I am sorry sir..... But you don't understand I have a rom on my phone and I want to make zip file of it with the changes that are already there.....

If u made changes to the system and have root, get a terminal emulator and use the following code:
    Code:
     dd if=(system partition) of=(extraction place) BS=4096

So on my phone it would look like:

Code:
     dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p14 of=/mnt/extSdCard/system.img BS=4096

The SYSTEM.IMG is all my system files, compressed into a .img file.

Now you're going to need something like Dsixda's kitchen. Open it and place the system image in the original zip folder. Now open the kitchen and choose MAKE WORKING FOLDER FROM ROM (or something along those lines; I don't have a reference in front of me). The kitchen should convert the system image into a normal ROM files and u can simply zip them up (don't forget the META-INF folder)

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

More info can be found HERE