[Q] WP Dev tools & Application Deployment Tool

Search This thread

redred1

Nov 20, 2011
I have a Samsung Focus v 1.3 running 7720.68 mango. I am trying to enable "internet sharing" by following instructions from forums below but didn't get it to work. Here is my response to each step:
1.) First install the WP Dev Tools and unlock your Samsung phone.
What is WP Dev Tools? Where to get it for Samsung Focus v1.3? And also, my phone is already unlocked (I can use both T-Mobile and ATT sim) so do I even need this?
2.) Use the Application Deployment tool to send THIS to your phone. You do not need to run it and you can delete it after it has been deployed.
what application deployment tool? where to get it?
3.) Install the Diagnosis app by typing ##634#
I did this and Diagnosis app is showing-up. ver.0103)

4.) After the Diagnosis app starts type *#9908# and select 'System Tweaks' press 'Save' then 'Close' and restart your phone.
when I do this, all I see is "GPRS MANAGER"
and then a drop-down "Select GPRS"
-> Gumi Test Bed
-> Suwon2g Test Bed
-> Suwon3g Test Bed
(I don't see option to select "System Tweaks")

5.) Your phone now has internet sharing and as a bonus is interop unlocked!
No, it doesn't :(

Last edited:

valuxin

Sep 24, 2011
First, download & install WP 7.1 SDK from here (Application Deployment is part of this SDK).
Next, unlock your phone (it's not sim-unlocking, it's like jailbreaking). "How to" in this thread
Then, you should install the app to your phone and only if you do this, you'll can select 'System Tweaks' in Diagnosis app.

redred1

Nov 20, 2011
First, download & install WP 7.1 SDK from here (Application Deployment is part of this SDK).
Thanks! Installed.
Next, unlock your phone (it's not sim-unlocking, it's like jailbreaking). "How to" in this thread
Thanks. I don't completely follow this. I will continue trying. All threads seem to have instructions pre-Mango update and my phone is already running Mango.

EDIT:
I found something called ChevronWP7 - can I use this to jailbreak/unlock Samsung Focus (v 1.3) Mango phone? My OS version etc. are as follows:
OS-version 7.10.7720.68 ,
Firmware: 2103.11.8.1 ,
Hardware revision: 3.1.0.7,
Radio Software: 2103.11.8.1 ,
Radio Hardware: 0.0.0.3,
BOOTloader: 5.8.0.2 ,
CHIP SOC version: 0.36.2.0

Last edited:

redred1

Nov 20, 2011
Never mind. I downloaded Chev WP and unlocked using that. Now internet-sharing works. It's amazing. I had to pay $9 for CWP though.

One more question (for everyone): Samsung Focus v 1.3 ear-peice volume is very low. It's set to 10/10 but it's still low. I know that from Diagnostic app we can increase it but I am not sure what values to set.

Here are my current values, what should I change to increase volume of phone earpeice/speaker? (not using any bluetooth or corded handset)?
Sound tuning (what's this/what does it do?)
1, 1c, 74, 4, 23, 9d, 9b, 12

System Gain Attenuation (what's this, what does it do?)
7, 130, 0

Class Gain Attenuation: (what's this, what does it do?)
7, 0, 5

Device Gain Attenuation (what is this?):
7, 1500, -500

audience.cfg -on

valuxin

Sep 24, 2011
You could just downgrade to 7004 and unlock your device free, and then install updates in zune:)

Here are my current values, what should I change to increase volume of phone earpeice/speaker? (not using any bluetooth or corded handset)?
Ok, here is the answer:
Click Get under the Device Gain (max/min)
In the first box keep the number 7
In the second box put 16000
In the third box put 0
Click Set
Click Start
Click the home button.
Restart your phone.

redred1

Nov 20, 2011
You could just downgrade to 7004 and unlock your device free, and then install updates in zune:)
Oh! I unlocked using Cheveron WP already.Paid for it already.

Ok, here is the answer:
Click Get under the Device Gain (max/min)
In the first box keep the number 7
In the second box put 16000
In the third box put 0
Click Set
Click Start
Click the home button.
Restart your phone.
Whoa! Isn't 16,000 too high? I mean, did you mean 1600? Right now, it's 1500. 16,000 is like 10x! Not that I understand what these values are and how they work but I just want to be sure it's not a typo before I change it on my phone. Don't want to accidentally brick it as I did an iPhone last year :eek:

Bjd223

Jul 3, 2008
USA
-> Gumi Test Bed
-> Suwon2g Test Bed
-> Suwon3g Test Bed

Hopefully someone can help me. Also if I am hi-jacking this thread a little my bad. Anyway, my device is not dev-unlocked and I accidently changed my GPRS settings and now the device Data does not work at all. I tried all three and none seem to work.

I have ATT in US. Is there someother settings I need to change to get my data to work again? Which profile is supposed to me default?

Edit: I ended up fixing my own issue. For any Googlers out there I did it by doing:

Try Phone Control > [7] Network Control > [1] GCF > [3] Setting Cancellation > Wait for it to say success. Then reboot. Then I just re-did the process and the phone unlocked again and the internet is working fine.

Last edited:

nvijay

Apr 23, 2012
Future Upgrades

-> Gumi Test Bed
-> Suwon2g Test Bed
-> Suwon3g Test Bed

Hopefully someone can help me. Also if I am hi-jacking this thread a little my bad. Anyway, my device is not dev-unlocked and I accidently changed my GPRS settings and now the device Data does not work at all. I tried all three and none seem to work.

I have ATT in US. Is there someother settings I need to change to get my data to work again? Which profile is supposed to me default?

Edit: I ended up fixing my own issue. For any Googlers out there I did it by doing:

Try Phone Control > [7] Network Control > [1] GCF > [3] Setting Cancellation > Wait for it to say success. Then reboot. Then I just re-did the process and the phone unlocked again and the internet is working fine.

This may be a dumb question, if we do this kind of unlocking, will I be able to upgade to future version of OS updates?