ICS Official Release

Search This thread

t1mman

Oct 8, 2008
ICS was annonced already for Tab 10.1 on Q1, march 15Th is pretty much in Q1

Scanflex

Apr 7, 2011
it's done when it's done...

I'm not sure whether it's worth to wait for. Honeycomb still fits my needs...

Scanflex

paulbh

Aug 8, 2010
from Samsung's facebook page:

Samsung offers Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade for GALAXY S II

We're thrilled to announce that Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich will be served to GALAXY S II users in the European countries including Poland, Hungary and Sweden, as well as Korea today, and gradually roll out to other markets.

ICS for GALAXY Note, GALAXY S II LTE, GALAXY Tab 8.9 and 10.1 will follow soon.

In addition, we'll also offer Android 2.3 Gingerbread firmware upgrades for GALAXY S, GALAXY Tab 7", GALAXY S Plus, GALAXY S SCL (Super Clear LCD) and GALAXY W from end March. The firmware upgrades for GALAXY S, for example, include Face Unlock, Snapshot, Photo Editor, and others.

The availability and scheduling of the software update and specific models upgradeable to Android 4.0 will vary by market and wireless carriers' requirements.

Looks like it's right around the corner.

ulakala

Apr 11, 2008
may soon be a day, a week, 2 weeks, a month, two months, but referred to Eternity could be a year or two ....... :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The Verizon version will have camera drivers which are basically all that is lacking from making CM9 perfect.
    that was the wish list not the current reality :)

Camera working for the tab?

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:59 AM ----------

don't we all?

but unfortunately this is beyond our control - but no we are not unique - I'd much rather have HC with everything working or a faster ICS than Wifi issues (transformer prime) that are yet to be solved or a walled garden experience that iPad gives you, or a overpriced HP playbook that has no apps...

each vendor has its own issues, and glad to say at least got the Galaxy Tab, there are tons of work arounds - reason i am here at XDA is i can pop in ICS anytime i want to, pop in GalaxyTask when i need camera functionality. It does 99% of what i need my tablet to do regardless of OS

why suffer the heartburn, buyers remorse and unnecessary stress? Have a cold beer and enjoy what you got

Its funny how everyone just misses the point.... ics is an update. As in changes for the better. Do I need ics? Do I need honeycomb? Do I need gingerbread? Do I need any updates? Why not just stick with stock os the device comes with? I mean, its all marginal gains and changes.

Ics does improve on many things, and for the amount of money I spent on this tablet. Is it so much to ask for a timely update? Now many months was Samsung late on 3.2? And now that its out, now many would want the buggy, laggy, less stable 3.1?

I use my tab to browse and stream flash or Netflix. I've used both 3.2 and ics. Ics is better, faster, and more stable in every way. So yes, I would like the new update for a better experiance.
    Ok. I have bean in samsungs conference and they told us that there will be updates for s2 in 12 or 13 april, and in the midle of the may for tab 10.1 and note.
    The biggest news was new galaxy note 10.1, that looks the same as new tab 10.1 with bether cpu and smart pan. Nothing revolutionary. In my opinion not worth to sel ours tab yet. :)

P.S.: sorry for my por english

Wow!

I've got the Galaxy Tab 10.1 despite others because I thought it would be the second tablet ( first XOOM ) that gets ICS and now...........