[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

steindog99

Aug 28, 2008
Janesville
Can this ROM be easily unrooted and rooted at will so that apps that won't work on rooted phones can work when you need them?

Thanks in advance...

Beejis

Nov 14, 2008
Washington
Running awesome so far, much smoother/faster. Camera force closes and terminal emulator does as well but the speed trade off is worth it.

It burns when I Tapatalk...

Dudebowski

Mar 1, 2011
Chicago
Thanks for that comment. I turned on text signal and its maintaining about -75 or -80 where I used to have full bars. Also noticed my 1 bar wifi changed to full strength when I changed to the 2.4ghz band instead of 5.0ghz. Guess its not liking 5.0ghz? And I actually was sitting almost on top of the router so its not distance. Lol. Think I might try another modem just to test.

sent from Transformer Prime cranking it out with WSG customs.

If there aren't wireless broadcast radios running in your area on 5Ghz band then you're just letting your phone scan constantly in the background for something that's not there. Most consumer wifi (in the U.S. at least) is running on 2.4. If you have no need to connect to a 5 (you would know because you sought out a dual band router) then leave it on either 2.4 only or auto which will scan both bands.

Also, there is a dead zone of about five feet radius from any router due to the nature of the Tx/Rx signal from a wireless radio. you're probably putting unnecessary strain on both radios having them directly on top of each other by causing amplified feedback loops.

Sent from CM9 E4GT via xda via my thumb via my brain via tiny electrical impulses via magic.

Last edited:

MuzikMan541

Apr 20, 2011
Updates on the SD Issues

Hey all! I've been loving this rom beyond all reason. Unfortunately, my camera is now having issues. It says my SD card is full when it isn't even close to being full. Also, my gallery isn't showing my original pictures anymore. I don't know why all this stuff just randomly happened, but any help would be appreciated. If I have to reflash fine, but at least there might be a way to help anyone else who has this problem :D

Ok so I figured I'd go ahead and put up my progress with this issue so far. I tried reflashing. The problem went away, but I also found another problem. I am running the stock version of CM9 Alpha 3. When I dismount my external SD card and reinsert it, I can no longer find it. It does not show up in the storage settings, but it does let me know about the card in the notification bar. I tried flashing AOKP build 34 and ran into the same problem. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! :D

Also, can I install an updated kernel with this rom? Say if an updated kernel were to be leaked, could I flash that one?

EmperorX

Jan 6, 2010
Seattle
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Unfortunately with the latest sbrissen build I get constant Los (when using 3g or 4g) that only a reboot will resolve. I am on the fd24 modem.

Also, when I turn the screen off it continues to come back on by itself every 30-60 seconds. Constantly waking up.

Any one else experiencing this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

sbrissen

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 27, 2010
Unfortunately with the latest sbrissen build I get constant Los (when using 3g or 4g) that only a reboot will resolve. I am on the fd24 modem.

Also, when I turn the screen off it continues to come back on by itself every 30-60 seconds. Constantly waking up.

Any one else experiencing this?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

If you can get a kernel log of the los it would be helpful.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts