Porting ICS to Optimus Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
Hello. I found some good developer. He port MIUI (fully working) and CM9 to phones like LG GT540 , SE Neo V, Se ARC/ARC S, Xperia Ray. Maybe someone can ask him to make cm9 port for p970? As we can see he really like donators ;) But he make roms very well (I'm using his CM9 on my GT540). You can find more info at http://mikegapinski.androidus.pl/ and his twitter https://twitter.com/#!/mikegapinski . I hope someone will ask him.

@riteshbendre
Please, don't be angry for me because I post this "information(?)" on your topic. I know you are working on cm9 port for p970, but we can have 2 version from 2 developers, yes? :)

well.. i am not angry, but would be pleased to have someone experienced to work with me...

the main problem is .. i have been using HTC since past 2 years,... and have been modding for it since last 6 months + i guess...

this is the first time.. i am doing something for Optimus Black... so first I am trying out to figure out how things work on this device.. :)

re4lsk

Dec 16, 2011
Hermosillo
www.twitter.com
well.. i am not angry, but would be pleased to have someone experienced to work with me...

the main problem is .. i have been using HTC since past 2 years,... and have been modding for it since last 6 months + i guess...

this is the first time.. i am doing something for Optimus Black... so first I am trying out to figure out how things work on this device.. :)

maybe you can contact this guys http://multipleandroidcoding.wordpress.com they where the ones that ported CM9 to optimus One a lower end brother of optimus black.

Wanna know the Status ??

Boot.img extracted...

comparing the ramdisk.....

checking libs.... etc...

i guess ...i am too close to crack it ;)

But, I am repeating it again....

"Getting the device to boot is a tedious task... please dont ask for any ETA"

I will upload the ROM when it boots ...so other devs can play around and try fixing the bugs :D

Last edited:

omr911

Sep 20, 2011
omr911 do you have port any time ICS?

help us please :)

If no one is going to port then I'll port ICS 4.0.4 from Nexus S because its pure.

Wanna know the Status ??

Boot.img extracted...

checking libs.... etc...

I will upload the ROM when it boots ...so other devs can play around and try fixing the bugs :D

Good to know that.
Well which kernel will u use ?

facekill1337

Feb 24, 2012
Wanna know the Status ??

Boot.img extracted...

checking libs.... etc...

ill be waiting as long it takes, playing Games on the Computer Wasting the Days ;D

thanks from me for your work since you started working, not everybody would do this.

Pump Huang

Mar 30, 2012
Wanna know the Status ??

Boot.img extracted...

checking libs.... etc...

what a good news!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ill be waiting as long it takes, playing Games on the Computer Wasting the Days ;D

thanks from me for your work since you started working, not everybody would do this.

There is a reason why I selected "Optimus Black" ... If you check the Desire HD thread, there are more than 20 custom ROMs for the device...but recently a good Dev said "Bye Bye" to DHD thread...

I asked him the reason and he said,

"here there are a lot of devs working to bring ICS ROMs for DHD, but the original Desire does not have any ICS port" .... "even HTC is not supporting the device, and the HTC desire users need me more than you people" ....

and so, I want to do the same with Optimus Black ... :)

haitzo

Jul 25, 2011
Can you post a guide to cook roms? I am really interested in learning and I could help you out.

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Sobralobo

omr911

Sep 20, 2011
OK give me the best kernel you can find + some other essential stuff and I'll make boot.img

mxconnections

Mar 30, 2012
Are you going to port the stock version of ICS or the ugly LG ICS version...

I hope the stock version!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

There is a reason why I selected "Optimus Black" ... If you check the Desire HD thread, there are more than 20 custom ROMs for the device...but recently a good Dev said "Bye Bye" to DHD thread...

I asked him the reason and he said,

"here there are a lot of devs working to bring ICS ROMs for DHD, but the original Desire does not have any ICS port" .... "even HTC is not supporting the device, and the HTC desire users need me more than you people" ....

and so, I want to do the same with Optimus Black ... :)
    My/Our plan:
    We have 2 candidate base ROMs.
    One from Milestone 2 and other from Galaxy SL.
    Both need to be examined properly before taking any step.
    Port CM9 >> OB.
    Then CM9 >> Pure ICS from Google (IMM76D).
    I will not be wasting time on CM9 other then making it boot and extracting libs/modules becoz all CM9 are Nighties and CM9 has alot of bugs from source.
    I have 2 days every week to work on this...I'm busy
    Ics boot on my optimus black...:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    This is what I got when I ask Ricardo if he can help a little or put us in the right way:

Ricardo Cerqueira - +Oscar Covarrubias If ICS on the Black was currently possible, you'd have it already. Any effort at doing it at the moment would result in incompatible crap, and thus a waste of my time.

1st of all in IT world nothing is impossible...
    If Nokia N9 can get ICS then why not OB...while its already an Android device...
    We are facing difficulty...all dev. face the same...even dev. @LG will be facing same difficulty even though they have 1000's of employees...
    I saw Ricardo's vid on youtube running ICS on OB...maybe LG paid him...thats why hez not sharing any stuff...bcoz I read somewhere on net that LG gave free OB to devs....

and one last thing....
    If I can't port it....
    I'm gonna build it from source !
    I'm ready for compiling a new Kernel from source! :D