[ROM] AOKP 4.2.1 "Almost Nightly"

Search This thread

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
Deff not either one of my batteries but it is something that's for sure.. I would like to stay on 4.2 but oh well.. guess I'll revert back to 4.1 builds for a while. :eek:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Does your phone get hot with this large loss of battery? I mentioned system_server and I know kasper said that is Android itself but the offending process causing Android to work so hard needs to be identified esepcially if other ROMs are working. Also get a full charge and clear battery stats from recovery, not sure if that was mentioned already.

My other thought was IO. I prefer SIO and have always had good speed but rather than just changing OC values maybe try the IO scheduler instead.

EDIT: guess wipe battery stats doesn't exist anymore in cwm 6.0.2.3.
EDIT2: I think build 1/9 has much less CPU activity from system_server. It could be placebo for the moment but it's a noticeable difference, just wanted to point that out.

Last edited:

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
My Navigation doesn't seem to be working in these last 2 nightlies. Usually I have no problems getting GPS signal in Google Maps Navigation. I've tried turning it off & on but it will not find a signal. The directions list option works fine. I've tried toggling Airplane Mode on & off as well. I don't know what to do... Can someone be of assistance? I'm hoping that the low in call volume has been fixed in 1/9/13. I just flashed this, so I haven't had a call yet. Thanks a lot!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Beniuec

Sep 29, 2010
My Navigation doesn't seem to be working in these last 2 nightlies. Usually I have no problems getting GPS signal in Google Maps Navigation. I've tried turning it off & on but it will not find a signal. The directions list option works fine. I've tried toggling Airplane Mode on & off as well. I don't know what to do... Can someone be of assistance? I'm hoping that the low in call volume has been fixed in 1/9/13. I just flashed this, so I haven't had a call yet. Thanks a lot!

Leave GPS on and restart the phone worked for me

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
Leave GPS on and restart the phone worked for me

I will try it out, but I've already restarted my phone several times. This is strange because I have almost never had issues with Navigation on this phone. It started last night after flashing 1/8. I flashed 1/9 hoping it would fix the problem, but no go. I really need Navigation since I moved to a new state. This is a deal breaker. Does anybody else know how to fix GPS?

mt3g

Aug 14, 2009
Phoenix
I don't use navigation, but I just tried my GPS and it locks instantly with GPS turned off haha. Does it not lock at all, when just opening maps?

T-Mobile SGS III

dave2metz

Oct 10, 2010
Clearwater, Florida
When I open up the map it knows where I am, but once I try to navigate it says searching for GPS. The directions list option works fine though. It tells me exactly how to get somewhere. It must be the Google Maps app itself, because I tried out the Mapquest app and I get a lock immediately. Oh well... Thanks for the help...

VivaLaCam92

Feb 1, 2012
Charlotte
Have you tried to re download and re flash? Could be bad download.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Yup, always check my md5s before and after transfer to my sd as well.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

Does your phone get hot with this large loss of battery? I mentioned system_server and I know kasper said that is Android itself but the offending process causing Android to work so hard needs to be identified esepcially if other ROMs are working. Also get a full charge and clear battery stats from recovery, not sure if that was mentioned already.

My other thought was IO. I prefer SIO and have always had good speed but rather than just changing OC values maybe try the IO scheduler instead.

EDIT: guess wipe battery stats doesn't exist anymore in cwm 6.0.2.3.
EDIT2: I think build 1/9 has much less CPU activity from system_server. It could be placebo for the moment but it's a noticeable difference, just wanted to point that out.

That's a negative ghost rider... doesn't get hot at all.. I've already under clocked both my CPU & GPU wiped battery stats using one battery app. Which didn't make a difference at all because once it gets to 1% it dies almost immediately..

EDIT: flashed the latest cm 10.1 build and just about getting the same great battery life I get out of every other rom. So its not just all 4.2 builds giving me horrid battery problems I pretty much narrowed it down to this rom only.

Last edited:

Th3heretic

Sep 9, 2009
Palm Beach Gardens
Working bluetooth audio? Last build I tried with clean install had horrible audio stutter when using Bluetooth. It was like the song was skipping every 1/8th of a second and it usually started within 45 seconds - 1 min of a song playing (spotify, gmusic). I checked the change log for 1/9 and it says "audio enhancements". Has Bluetooth audio streaming been fixed?

TomTcom

Mar 27, 2011
Working bluetooth audio? Last build I tried with clean install had horrible audio stutter when using Bluetooth. It was like the song was skipping every 1/8th of a second and it usually started within 45 seconds - 1 min of a song playing (spotify, gmusic). I checked the change log for 1/9 and it says "audio enhancements". Has Bluetooth audio streaming been fixed?

No it hasn't. I checked with jf3 freedoms using rhapsody and same issue.

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Media server is kicking my ass

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357835123708.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357835123708.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 592

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
No issues with media server at all here bud have you tried rebooting and or wiping cache? BTW what theme are you using to get that background in the settings screen?

vudyve2u.jpg

I havent but will try now. Thanks.

Edit: wiped cache and dalvik and it got the media server to stop running. Thanks again

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.artvandelay440.blueelegancefree

The theme is gorgeous :D enjoy

Last edited:
Reactions: rawdaddymagraden
Battery is fantastic here. On AOKP 4.1.2 it was crazy good, but now on this latest 4.2.1 it's insane..

When I did have problems it was because of media syncing. It came down to apps syncing pictures in the background. Go to accounts in settings and turn off any picture syncs. Then search all your apps for any possible photo or video syncing and shut it down. This happened a few times to me after fresh installs and after shutting down all possible media syncing my battery life came back great.
Hope this helps.

Edited: for bad grammer/spelling. I blame NY public schools

Last edited:

Lawful123

Nov 30, 2010
I installed the latest nightly 1-9. Keyboard gestures are not working for me. I see the blue line as I swipe over the keys however, it does not predict or type. Any workaround?

omejia466

Jan 31, 2012
Waite Park
I've had a hard time deciding if I liked touchwiz or asop roms.... This rom tipped the battle. I'm hooked on akop.. 1/9 build great battery life... Thou might also be attributed to my gorrila gadget extended battery.. Regardless. Great rom.

rawdaddymagraden

Nov 17, 2011
Mo-Ville
I installed the latest nightly 1-9. Keyboard gestures are not working for me. I see the blue line as I swipe over the keys however, it does not predict or type. Any workaround?

Did you do a clean install? I dirty flashed and keyboard gestures work fine here Bud. Also what gapps are you using? Using 12/12/12 if that helps.

Reactions: Lawful123

DigitalUnderground

Oct 4, 2012
Has anyone tried the incremental update available in goo manager? I'm assuming its similar to what cyandelta has for CM, but I haven't tried it yet. Does it work?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am no longer developing AOKP for the d2tmo. I just don't have the time to work with it. Real life has once again taken over. I apologize to those of you that have followed me and encouraged me to continue. I'm sure that I will be back in the game sooner or later, just too much going on at home to occupy my time with it.
    aokptitleblue-1.png

News | About AOKP (WIP) | FAQ | Twitter

Please update your recovery to the latest CWM or TWRP

If you are interested in watching the build process or to see what happened with the last build take a look here!
    Jenkins Build Box will be back soon

Changelog

• They are now included in the ROM .zip
    • Also available in the GooManager app under the changelog tab for the daily
    • And available on goo.im in the change log portion of the download page

Download
    Install
    • If coming from another ROM or another major AOKP version, wipe data in recovery
    • Flash ROM
    • Flash Google Apps
    • Reboot
    Contribute
    All changes are now accepted through Gerrit. To learn more about the submission process, read this guide Roman wrote.For details on how to set up your environment, refer to distribution-specific guides below.Let me know if I missed any!

Credits
    Programming / device support
    • Adam Fisch, a.k.a. adamthecashew
    • Bajee Baskararasa, a.k.a. Bajee11
    • Stephen Bird, a.k.a. birdman
    • Brandon McAnsh a.k.a. BMc08GT
    • Donald Sears a.k.a. KAsp3rd <--- Me
    • Curtis Menard, a.k.a. cmenard
    • Gary Danko a.k.a. gdanko
    • Will DeBerry, a.k.a. hillbillyhacker86
    • Ilya K., a.k.a. K900
    • Khas Mek, a.k.a. KhasMek
    • Dirk Rettschlag, a.k.a. MarcLandis
    • Pierpaolo Pernici, a.k.a. pier
    • Chris Yeninas, a.k.a. PhantomGamers
    • Jacob Bell, a.k.a. ProTekk
    • Rohan Mathur, a.k.a. rohan
    • Roman Birg,a.k.a.roman
    • Gergely Szell, a.k.a. sethyx
    • Jason Stewart, a.k.a. sixstringsg
    • Steve Spear, a.k.a. Stevespear426
    • Jonathan Steadman, a.k.a.Whitehawkx
    • xoomdev, a.k.a. xoomdev
    • Mike Wilson, a.k.a. Zaphod-Beeblebrox
    Marketing
    • Josh Ciesla, a.k.a. JustReboot
    Artwork
    • Alexea Whitehurst
    • Kyle Teague, a.k.a. kwes1020
    • Kurt Colbeck, a.k.a. Nitroz
    • thaPHLASH

Shoutouts
    As there still isn't an official 4.2.1 release for the s3 series yet I will continue producing preview builds for those that would like them.
    Yeah, I felt 4.2.1 needed its own home.

I've got Jenkins up and running again, I'm testing it now.

This is for 4.2.1 development only

RESERVED
    Finally got all the d2tmo requirements merged to AOKP. Some of the merges that I personally had in my github are not merged yet but now is at the point that I can provide nightlies for y'all.