[Team Kernelizers][How To][VZW][TK Mod 2.4]KT747 Kernel Tweaks - Updated 8-5-13

Search This thread

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com
Re: [How To][Guide][Team Kernelizers] KT747 TouchWiz Kernel/Pegasusq Gov

What effects would commenting out the entire call to mpdecision have? Has this been tested? Or deleting the entire block of code... What I am curious about is why have arbitrary code unnecessarily running when the file being called is commented out?

TeamKernelizers.png

What you know 'bout wearing a wolf on ya noggin?
-the effects are no log cat from file missing when it was called to because it isnt called to. Repetitive messages of mpdecision missing in logcat were reported. I had it myself. Only commenting mpdecision out has had no effevt on system and accomplishes same as bak or deleting mpdecision or using a stop script.
-Been tested for months
-makes it easy to re-enable if said user doesnt want to stick with a custom hotplugging governor or decides they really want to have it back...
-what hasnt been tested is removing all the lines related to mpdecision, bigger job and not as easily reversed.

If these aren't good reasons perhaps the other method is better, but on 4.2.1 aosp if we do that you get errors in logcat which dont happen on commenting out. Id say a error here and there is okay in logcat but they can occur multiple times in a minute over and over. The reason is outlined by decimalman in original team Kernelizers thread.

mw86.png

galaxys3man30

Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl

Haopens on mine on touchwiz so yes much agreed its necessary and the bak is actually whats unnecessary if you add the # in the init.Qcom.postboot.sh file where it is called to start as soon as the phone biots. Decimalman posted the solution. Adding to line 223 # in front of mpdecision prevents it fromever starting. Save the file in your download folder. Cut the file and paste it over the original in /system/etc/ make sure file permission matches the other scriots reboot and you never have mpdecision unless you delete that # sign and replace file again. Using bak then is unnecessary if done like this.

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

And if you use the methid i mention above the script and bak is unnecessary too. :)

mw86.png

See im just way behind then lmao my bad for the wrong answer damn its our thread and I dont remember everything in it

President of {Team Kernelizers}
Im Gman and I approve this message
galaxys3man30.png

Reactions: cthorson910

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

See im just way behind then lmao my bad for the wrong answer damn its our thread and I dont remember everything in it

galaxys3man30.png

Lmao its all good. This is actually nice for those of us comfortable with editing code. But I'm still glad there is a way to stop it and (for some of us) the wake lock associated with it for those that are not comfortable with the code edit:)

TeamKernelizers.png

galaxys3man30

Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl

Lmao its all good. This is actually nice for those of us comfortable with editing code. But I'm still glad there is a way to stop it and (for some of us) the wake lock associated with it for those that are not comfortable with the code edit:)

TeamKernelizers.png

Im still working on a script for mw86 build props to flashed instead of changing them one by one and I have my own rom as well that has all the build props implanted in my rom just havent released it yet cuz I waiting on 4.1.2 to drop to convert my rom to it

galaxys3man30.png

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

Im still working on a script for mw86 build props to flashed instead of changing them one by one and I have my own rom as well that has all the build props implanted in my rom just havent released it yet cuz I waiting on 4.1.2 to drop to convert my rom to it

galaxys3man30.png

Wow... That's sweet. If you need help on making a script for it I can probably help you with that. Also will you be making this ROM for Verizon?

TeamKernelizers.png

Reactions: galaxys3man30

galaxys3man30

Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl

Wow... That's sweet. If you need help on making a script for it I can probably help you with that. Also will you be making this ROM for Verizon?

TeamKernelizers.png

Idk dont know how to port yet and really all I would really need is a stock deoxed rom from vzm section

galaxys3man30.png

galaxys3man30

Oct 6, 2012
tallahassee,fl

Just to fair warn all the trolls and flamers that want to come through here and try to start something I have a mod on speed dial and it would take 2 seconds to come and lay the smack down on yall candy ass so just consider this post as you have been warn

RErick
Add kennyglass to the op plz he is the mod that will get there ass thx buddy

galaxys3man30.png

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

Just to fair warn all the trolls and flamers that want to come through here and try to start something I have a mod on speed dial and it would take 2 seconds to come and lay the smack down on yall candy ass so just consider this post as you have been warn

RErick
Add kennyglass to the op plz he is the mod that will get there ass thx buddy

galaxys3man30.png

Op updated

TeamKernelizers.png

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

Okay so on the latest run today with what I consider to be moderate undervolting I have achieved respectable battery life considering how much I've been on it. There hasn't been any lag at all or trouble bringing the phone out of sleep. I will give a write up of what exactly I have done and why and what benefits I have seen with this setup. I have been on my phone all day and I returned my oc back to stock and lowered my min frequency. What I have noticed is that the second core has been off most of the day only turning on when I open an app or am benchmarking or stress testing. I changed the sampling down factor to 1 and with that comes a near instantaneous race to idle with the second core shutting off at 800mhz. Let me know what you guys think :)

qy6abe8u.jpg
gaqa3a2a.jpg
jy7y6enu.jpg
a5eduha6.jpg
a9e9eda2.jpg
ru5y3e8y.jpg
y8yryrav.jpg
qameduby.jpg
9avygade.jpg
vyjaqy7u.jpg

TeamKernelizers.png

nick7893

May 1, 2012

Out of curiosity do you have the nominal or fast processor? (correct me if I'm wrong with my terminology), I understand the “fast" one can handle more undervolting correct? I have the nominal, and so far I haven't had any trouble with the settings you just posted. I was just curious what you had.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

Out of curiosity do you have the nominal or fast processor? (correct me if I'm wrong with my terminology), I understand the “fast" one can handle more undervolting correct? I have the nominal, and so far I haven't had any trouble with the settings you just posted. I was just curious what you had.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda premium

I too have nominal, and I haven't had any problems either

TeamKernelizers.png

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011
Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To] KT747 TouchWiz Kernel/Pegasusq Tweaks

I listen to a decent amount of music/podcasts per week. I notice that whenever I UV below 1100 mhz per frequency, I receive static/popping in those audio apps and sometimes notifications too. While I see the benefits of UV, is this something you notice and just deal with or do you just not listen to audio on your phone?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

steelers_exe

Apr 9, 2011

I listen to a decent amount of music/podcasts per week. I notice that whenever I UV below 1100 mhz per frequency, I receive static/popping in those audio apps and sometimes notifications too. While I see the benefits of UV, is this something you notice and just deal with or do you just not listen to audio on your phone?

What is your min freq set to?

Sent from my TPR GS3 backed by Team Kernelizers

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

What is your min freq set to?

Sent from my TPR GS3 backed by Team Kernelizers

192 mhz at 925 v, I haven't changed voltages from my initial flash last night. With LK, I left it at stock voltage 1150mhz for the lowest seven frequencies beginning at 192 mhz.

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

192 mhz at 925 v, I haven't changed voltages from my initial flash last night. With LK, I left it at stock voltage 1150mhz for the lowest seven frequencies beginning at 192 mhz.

I myself haven't heard any noticeable degradation in audio quality. I prefer using the stick touch wiz music player too. I will look into this on this run today. I just got done setting my voltages even lower to what I would say is an aggressive UV. I will test on that today. I am at 850mv for 192 MHz and 825mv for 96 MHz which is my min? Would this be sufficient to reproduce the audio problems on your end?

TeamKernelizers.png

Reactions: DrillerBabe

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

I myself haven't heard any noticeable degradation in audio quality. I prefer using the stick touch wiz music player too. I will look into this on this run today. I just got done setting my voltages even lower to what I would say is an aggressive UV. I will test on that today. I am at 850mv for 192 MHz and 825mv for 96 MHz which is my min? Would this be sufficient to reproduce the audio problems on your end?

TeamKernelizers.png

Yea, I would say so. For me, I notice it with/without earphones almost instantaneously. I primarily use Poweramp but if I UV at below 1100 mhz the popping is prevalent on any audio app.

Edit: I just tried UV my min 192 frequency below 1100. I set it to 1095 and left everything else at or above 1100 volt, and it pops slightly. I may just have to accept my phone doesn't approve of any UV if I want to listen to audio.

Last edited:

mw86

Jul 17, 2012
Afton
forum.techinferno.com

Do you know much about the governor stats? if so what exactly does hotplug do?

Hotplug turns the second core, core 1 on or off :) usually at a specified cpu load threshold.

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

galaxys3man30.png

No problems man you are the Gman!

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

galaxys3man30.png

Let me know when complete as I can add us a lot more using the zip file as a template. I know how to edit flashable zips now easily and i could see how template is and add lines or change if necessary making it easy to do an update on our build prop zip. Thank you and the person working on it with you. PM me may be fastest as i am not always on internet or gtalk.

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Yea, I would say so. For me, I notice it with/without earphones almost instantaneously. I primarily use Poweramp but if I UV at below 1100 mhz the popping is prevalent on any audio app.

Edit: I just tried UV my min 192 frequency below 1100. I set it to 1095 and left everything else at or above 1100 volt, and it pops slightly. I may just have to accept my phone doesn't approve of any UV if I want to listen to audio.

Im on 1026mhz max with 75mv off every frequency from stock voltage table. I never hear crackle and for the first time i did and im on a touchwiz rom. Didnt happen till i got too under 15-12% battery level. So now i think its related to undervolt, underclock and battery voltage level. Battery volt measured by its current well current. Stock battery says 3.8v mine says 3.7 and using apps i noticed my extended 4500mah onite battery charges up to 4.4v ish!? So by low battery we can see from 3.9-3.5v by full battery drain during operation. Perhaps like i use 96min, pair that with undervolt me 75mv down and battery current at the time and perhaps thats where and why we hear audible distortion for some and not all the time?! Just a thought. This was my first time i ever had it.

mw86.png

TheDriller

Jan 31, 2012
Augusta, GA

Hotplug turns the second core, core 1 on or off :) usually at a specified cpu load threshold.

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

No problems man you are the Gman!

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 04:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:21 PM ----------

Let me know when complete as I can add us a lot more using the zip file as a template. I know how to edit flashable zips now easily and i could see how template is and add lines or change if necessary making it easy to do an update on our build prop zip. Thank you and the person working on it with you. PM me may be fastest as i am not always on internet or gtalk.

mw86.png

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:24 PM ----------

Im on 1026mhz max with 75mv off every frequency from stock voltage table. I never hear crackle and for the first time i did and im on a touchwiz rom. Didnt happen till i got too under 15-12% battery level. So now i think its related to undervolt, underclock and battery voltage level. Battery volt measured by its current well current. Stock battery says 3.8v mine says 3.7 and using apps i noticed my extended 4500mah onite battery charges up to 4.4v ish!? So by low battery we can see from 3.9-3.5v by full battery drain during operation. Perhaps like i use 96min, pair that with undervolt me 75mv down and battery current at the time and perhaps thats where and why we hear audible distortion for some and not all the time?! Just a thought. This was my first time i ever had it.

mw86.png

See and I am 100mv undervolted right now and I have been trying to get this to reproduce and I can't... Then again I am trying to shake this battery life off of my phone lol hard to do that as far as I'm UV. But still I can't get this issue to reproduce. I might have to wait until my phone battery voltage drops enough

TeamKernelizers.png

SlimSnoopOS

Jan 29, 2011

It's all good. As long as I'm still seeing good performance and frequent 4 hour screen on time then I can't complain too much. I figured out that I can't UV without stability issues awhile ago.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    About​
    Welcome to Team Kernalizers's VZW Thread. This thread will attempt to teach you and show you how to maximize the performance and battery life of your GS3 running the KT747 kernel by Ktoonsez.

In this thread, you will learn everything you need to know about Governors, I/O Schedulers, Underclocking (UC), Overclocking (OC), Undervolting (UV) and the KTweaker application. We will also provide you with pre-configured tweaks to use.

This is a friendly support community. You can post your benchmarks, battery stats, feedback and settings. We will also help troubleshoot any problems that you may encounter while using this kernel and our tweak packages.

Rules​
    Please consider these rules before using this thread:
    1. Follow XDA Forum rules (http://xdaforums.com/announcement.php?f=1712)
    2. There will be NO FLAMING, NO SPAMMING, NO HARRASMENT of any kind. These will not be tolerated. You have been warned!
    3. Search the thread first before asking questions. Most likely, your question may have been answered already.
    4. If you are stuck and need help, DO NOT post comments like "this is not working". It will be ignored. You must provide necessary information like ROM Type (AOSP/TW), Kernel Version, OC, UV ...etc. You get the picture. The more you provide the better we can help
    5. Please allow time for the team to find an answer if we can’t figure it out we know enough people to help us out finding a answer thank you
    6. Be Patient :) We have our own personal lives outside of here. Allow the team some time to find answers. We will do our best to help.
    7. If you post screenshots, you are allowed a maximum of 3 screenshots.
    8. Keep posts/threads on-topic
    By post in this thread, you are agreeing to the above rules.
    Members​

• Galaxys3Man30
    • mw86
    • GTOJIM
    • Ramondal
    • clothednblack1
    • RErick
    • chinkybean
    • daniel4653
    • steelers_exe
    • crazymook
    • castle_bravo
    • luis86dr
    • MorphiousGX
    • TexasEpic4G

Supported Devices​
    AT&T Samsung Galaxy SIII : http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2144004
    Sprint Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2032956
    T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2207286
    Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2201555

Thanks​

ktoonsez - For giving us this amazing kernel and the plethora of options available with it. His thread his here Make sure to thank him!
    AT&T: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1756776
    Sprint: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1800576
    T-Mobile: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1871946
    Verizon: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1853816
    All of the Team Kernelizers members for their tweaks and dedication and help
    All of the testers, and followers

All of the ROM developers out there for making our phones fun to use

And of course our Friendly Forum Moderator:
    kennyglass123
    Latest TWEAKS

Disclaimer​
    Team Kernalizers members, Ktoonsez, and ROM developers are not responsible for bricked devices or any other device issues you experience as a result of using information in this thread.

Every phone is different, especially since it was found that we have slow, nominal, and fast variations.
    Tweaks provided are extremely experimental and should be avoided by beginners and people who have important responsibilities tied to the usage of their phone.

You Have Been Warned: Use of any information, tweaks and applications in this thread at your own risk. You assume full responsibility for your own actions.
    Downloads
    Team Kernelizers Tweaks​
    All of our TK bin files will be available here:
    From Phone: https://m.box.com/s/5hazifi3odci94uyykws/1/698338185
    From PC: https://www.box.com/shared/5hazifi3odci94uyykws

Reporting Tools​
    Huge thanks to MorphiousGX for our live report form. Please report battery usages at these links.
    We will use this information to help make better adjustments to our tweaks. It will collect the necessary information to make sure people compare apples to apples*

You can also view results after you submit, and filter on any of the questions asked (i.e. Tweaker's name, governor, release date..etc).

The form can be found here*https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-uz...3jPpg/viewform
    The results can be viewed here*https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...Xc&usp=sharing

If you have any feedback (good or bad) please feel free to let MorphiousGX know he maintains it and you all should thank him.

Team Kernelizers Proudly Presents
    TK Mod 2.4

Download​

Features​

• Bin File Rename
    • Individual renaming of the following bin Files for battery savings:
    • gsiff_daemon
    • mpdecision
    • qosmgr
    • smd
    • smdexe
    • Renames bin files with .bak
    • Bin File Restore
    • Individual restoring of the following bin files:
    • gsiff_daemon
    • mpdecision
    • qosmgr
    • smd
    • smdexe
    • Restores bin files to their original state.
    • Mods
    • KT747 Bootanimation Fix:
    • Use only if bootanimation is broken. Usually occurs on TW Roms.
    • Team Kernelizers TouchWiz Build Prop Tweaks
    • Team Kernelizers AOSP Build Prop Tweaks
    • Restore of Original TouchWiz Build Prop
    • Restore of Original AOSP Build Prop

Changelog​
    Located in TKMod zip​

Contest Splash Screens​

You now have access to all Team Kernelizers Contest Splash Screens in one zip!
    1st Place Splash Screen:
    yhyte5y5.jpg

2nd Place Splash Screen:
    ta3evuva.jpg

3rd Place Splash Screen:
    3ena8ugu.jpg

4th Place Splash Screen:
    ejama7u4.jpg

5th Place Splash Screen:
    ge8ebegy.jpg

6th Place Splash Screen:
    e3equdep.jpg

7th Place Splash Screen:
    3a9e5ave.jpg

8th Place Splash Screen:
    avuza4e9.jpg

9th Place Splash Screen:
    ha2ubazu.jpg

10th Place Splash Screen:
    ru2a6yju.jpg

11th Place Splash Screen:
    eragu7as.jpg

Stock Splash Screen: Reverts to Original Splash Screen.

Thanks from luis86dr​

• Edgehood for answering all my questions about Aroma! Thanks buddy!
    • steelers_exe for his awesome splash screen for Aroma Installer.
    • RErick for his build prop updater script & for providing Splash Screen zips.
    • mw86 for his build prop tweaks.
    • GMan for testing and helping me. Also for providing mirrors!
    • decimalman for making the build prop script work!
    • Ktoonsez for such a awesome Kernel and inspiring us to do what we do.
    • Everyone who helped with testing!
    • Team Kernelizers for being so damn awesome!

Known Bugs​
    Splash Screens will only work on TouchWiz
    Working on finding out the cause of these issues. Please report bugs in either of the Team Kernelizers threads.
    This is still in Beta, more is yet to come!!!!!!
    Kernel Information​
    General Installation Instructions (for both TW and AOSP):​
    1. Download correct version of kernel for your device and rom. This is important as you may brick your phone is you use the wrong version.
    2. Flash kernel using your preferred recovery
    3. Do the following AFTER installing the kernel and BEFORE you reboot your phone:
    a. Clear cache
    b. Clear dalvik
    c. Fix Permissions
    4. Reboot your device.
    TW Specific Kernel Instructions:
    (can be used with AOSP too)
    There are some files on your TouchWiz phone that need to be renamed in order to maximize the battery life of your phone. There has been some debate on whether or not this is necessary, but for now we would recommend renaming these files to ensure that there is no chance of excessive battery drain.

Part 1:

These steps are only necessary on TouchWiz ROMs, however you can also do this on AOSP as well:
    1. You must have ROOT. You will need to have a root enabled file explorer on your phone (ES File Explorer works very well and you can get it from the play store (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop&hl=en). When you get it, open it up and go the the settings and scroll all the way down until you see the Root Settings. Go in there and enable ALL of the root settings.
    2. After that is done, navigate to your root folders using the Folder Up icon at the top. Once you are in your root folders, navigate to /system/bin and locate the following files. You will need to rename them with a ".bak" at the end of the filename
    gsiff_daemon --> gsiff_daemon.bak
    mpdecision --> mpdecison.bak
    qosmgr --> qosmgr.bak
    smd --> smd.bak
    smdexe --> smdexe.bak
    Renaming these files will not harm your phone. Many users rename these files every time they flash a rom, and no damge is done.
    Also, some ROMs come with these files renamed or deleted entirely, so if you don’t find a file, don’t be alarmed.
    You have to do this every time you flash the ROM and/or Kernel.
    If you feel uncomfortable doing this yourself, you can use the TK-MOD (see Downloads section) and it will handle this for you.

Part 2:

Stopping mpdecision from being called:
    1. Open terminal emulator and type the following code:
    su
    2. When terminal emulator asks for root permission hit 'Grant' or 'Allow'.
    3. At the # prompt type:
    stop mpdecision
    Using Rom Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.liberty.toolbox) we will make a script that will stop mpdecision from being called at each boot so you don't need to use terminal emulator each time
    1. Open Rom Toolbox and scroll down to the Scripter option
    2. In the scripter, click the “+” button in the top right corner, then select 'Create'
    3. Type a name for our new script, lets call it “stop mpdecision”
    4. In the commands enter the following text:
    #!/system/bin/sh
    stop mpdecision
    5. Hit the disk icon to save it
    6. Select the script that you just created and a dialog box should pop up, select set at boot
    Were done here

AOSP Specific Kernel Instructions:
    When coming from a 3.0 Kernel to a 3.4 Kernel there is a new method with kernel updates. Skipping these steps will cause phone instability, due to some bad data left behind. This is a flaw in the Android OS, not the application. You must follow the instructions below (Thanks ktoonzs for the new method of the ktweaker app)
    1. Go to Settings on the phone
    2. Go to app manager then all apps
    3. Scroll down to ktweaker app n open it
    4. Once open hit FORCE STOP and then hit CLEAR DATA
    5. Reboot and flash your new update of ktoonzs kernel
    6. Repeat steps 1-4 in the above “General Installation” section
    You should be good to go after that

Resources & Useful Links

Re: [Team Kernelizers][How To] Updated 02-23-13 KT747 Kernel Tweaks

Okay so Team Kernelizers now has a place to download the KTweaker backups. This should reduce the number of questions about where the latest tweaks are. All you have to do is download them to your KTweaker folder and in the KTweaker app use the restore feature! Every team member has a folder so you can see all of them all that is in mine is the latest Pegasusq/Zen tweaks from the op. I will have more when I am released from this prison people like to call "work"

https://www.box.com/shared/5hazifi3odci94uyykws

There is the link, it will be posted in the op too:D

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png

So I think this thing is ready for release tonight... I hope y'all are around

RErick_zpsf8fdc5d9.png