[Kernel][TMO/ATT][4.1.X][TW] ✫ ★ ✫ MINIMUM KERNEL™ ✫ ★ ✫ May 9, 2013

Search This thread

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida

MINIMUM KERNEL™

Gql2w.png

This kernel is only for TW 4.1.x T-mobile/Att ROMS/devices at this time. The whole point for this kernel is to give the user the features wanted from all the other kernels but stay the closest to stock as possible. All the governors and the schedulers are stock and what was found in the source from Samsung. This Kernel is 98% stock and the only changes to the code are listed in the change log. blacknight1114 and I have been testing all night and today. Running very smooth and great battery life! Thanks buddy for giving me a hand testing! This Kernel would even make a great replacement for the stock kernel in all the TW ROMs and developers you have my permission to include it if you wish.

General info:

More info on Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers and CPU Tweaks Check out this thread

Great widget to control fast charge Fast charge widget ply store link

Also another must have app! Full control over your phone and kernel for free! Trickster Mod Kernel settings

What is fast charge:

This allows one to force AC charging for any charger that is detected as USB (e.g. many car chargers) and pull the full current the charger can support. Without Fast charge, when connected to the computer or even car charger you will very low current causing the charge time to be a lot longer. With fast charge active the current is set to the max allowed (and/or safest) and charging time will reduce greatly. It also provides additional security when connecting to public charging stations because by forcing AC charging, USB/adb data transfers are disabled, protecting your data. When fast charge is active you will not be able to access your data on your device. You will need to turn fast charge off to access them. Hope this helps everyone understand it more.

How to install:
  • Flash the kernel
  • Clear cache and dalvik cache.
  • Reboot

Big thanks goes out to:
  • TDJ
  • Faux123
  • ktoonsez
  • ptmr3

4sy6E.png

Code:
v1.2 - May 9, 2013

- cpufreq: Make sure user_policy min/max get written
- cpufreq: Make sure max is NOT set while booting
- cpufreq: More to be sure 1512 is limit on boot
- mm: change read ahead to 256

(got bored and added a version with my personal AOKP Kang project kernel splash screen)

v1.1

- Faux Sound:
* Sound Control: Sound control for WCD93xx codec
* sound control: update control offsets for MSM8960 soc
* Sound Control: Added headphone poweramp controls

v1.0 

- initial release
- Add UKSM 0.1.2
- UKSM: Upgrade to 0.1.2.2
- mm: optimize Kernel Samepage Merging(KSM)
- fastcharge v1
- fsa9485: fastcharge v3 - fixed
- Trinity color

My source - Github - Jamison904

Last edited:

Jamison904

Jun 9, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
5jvGZ.png

Code:
#include 
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/

By using the kernel you agree with the above terms!

Download Folder

Last edited:

CardinS2U

Nov 23, 2006
Ok I changed govenors and stuff too much that I got no clue what was default

What u guys set on stock

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

lmarranzino

Apr 4, 2011
Orange County, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23
What's your setup for it to be that high

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

InFamous 4.8.2 ROM and this Kernel... I also use mostly WCDMA as I know this tends to use more battery it also works better for me at work. Yet even on the normal GSM setting it will score that high also...Just a GREAT ROM and GREAT KERNEL .... The ROM is tweaked how Jamison does his thing and nothing else...:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Ok I changed govenors and stuff too much that I got no clue what was default

What u guys set on stock

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

Stock is normally (far as I know) set at, Ondemand and cfq then of course clocked at 384min and 1512max....
Sorry trying to type as my Cat is trying to take over the keyboard..LOL ...

Slypnslyde

Jan 5, 2013
Wilmington, DE
Anyone else having trouble getting the min settings to stick after reboot. With trickster mod I set the min to 384 and it keeps going back to 102600 after the phone reboots

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

ZDeuce2

Apr 26, 2011
Cincinnati
OnePlus 12
InFamous 4.8.2 ROM and this Kernel... I also use mostly WCDMA as I know this tends to use more battery it also works better for me at work. Yet even on the normal GSM setting it will score that high also...Just a GREAT ROM and GREAT KERNEL .... The ROM is tweaked how Jamison does his thing and nothing else...:cool:

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Stock is normally (far as I know) set at, Ondemand and cfq then of course clocked at 384min and 1512max....
Sorry trying to type as my Cat is trying to take over the keyboard..LOL ...

Stock min is set at 1026 for some reason.

I HATE BEING BI-POLAR... IT'S AWESOME!
Sent from my Infamous SGS3

TheLastSidekick

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 4, 2012
Like the idea of this. No problems with the kernel interacting with the system and some features on the side. Nice job!

Sent from my SGH-T999 on Slimbean Build 5 4.2.2

Reactions: Jamison904

lmarranzino

Apr 4, 2011
Orange County, CA
Samsung Galaxy S23
Stock min is set at 1026 for some reason.

After sitting overnight I also noticed ( using CPU Spy) it goes to 918 and 1026 for min... I reset and reboot and it goes back as well...Hmmmm

i just did a restore back to KP 1.2 only because I am off to work and won't have time to check things out...

PS. Also from CPU spy I noticed that it does sleep it just goes back to min of as noted above....:confused:

Just FYI using Set CPU

ZDeuce2

Apr 26, 2011
Cincinnati
OnePlus 12
Huh... didn't notice that myself. No biggie, easy fix. Just didn't want to play with the clocking as I wanted to keep that 100% stock. Small adjustment. I should have something up later tonight.

Sent from my dark hole called an office.

I been running it since last night using fauxclock, conservative noop 1512 and 384, no problems what so ever.

Reactions: Jamison904

ryumo

Jan 13, 2011
This kernel doesn't seem to recognize my 64GB SD card. Is there a way around that?

EDIT: NVM, gotta reformat to FAT32.

Thanks!

Last edited:

nirogu325

Oct 15, 2010
So far it is excellent, although I suggest one small (but significant on battery life) addition: Abyssplug governor (it is Ondemand with hotplugging).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MINIMUM KERNEL™

Gql2w.png

This kernel is only for TW 4.1.x T-mobile/Att ROMS/devices at this time. The whole point for this kernel is to give the user the features wanted from all the other kernels but stay the closest to stock as possible. All the governors and the schedulers are stock and what was found in the source from Samsung. This Kernel is 98% stock and the only changes to the code are listed in the change log. blacknight1114 and I have been testing all night and today. Running very smooth and great battery life! Thanks buddy for giving me a hand testing! This Kernel would even make a great replacement for the stock kernel in all the TW ROMs and developers you have my permission to include it if you wish.

General info:

More info on Kernel Governors, Modules, I/O Schedulers and CPU Tweaks Check out this thread

Great widget to control fast charge Fast charge widget ply store link

Also another must have app! Full control over your phone and kernel for free! Trickster Mod Kernel settings

What is fast charge:

This allows one to force AC charging for any charger that is detected as USB (e.g. many car chargers) and pull the full current the charger can support. Without Fast charge, when connected to the computer or even car charger you will very low current causing the charge time to be a lot longer. With fast charge active the current is set to the max allowed (and/or safest) and charging time will reduce greatly. It also provides additional security when connecting to public charging stations because by forcing AC charging, USB/adb data transfers are disabled, protecting your data. When fast charge is active you will not be able to access your data on your device. You will need to turn fast charge off to access them. Hope this helps everyone understand it more.

How to install:
    • Flash the kernel
    • Clear cache and dalvik cache.
    • Reboot

Big thanks goes out to:
    • TDJ
    • Faux123
    • ktoonsez
    • ptmr3

4sy6E.png

Code:
    v1.2 - May 9, 2013

- cpufreq: Make sure user_policy min/max get written
    - cpufreq: Make sure max is NOT set while booting
    - cpufreq: More to be sure 1512 is limit on boot
    - mm: change read ahead to 256

(got bored and added a version with my personal AOKP Kang project kernel splash screen)

v1.1

- Faux Sound:
    * Sound Control: Sound control for WCD93xx codec
    * sound control: update control offsets for MSM8960 soc
    * Sound Control: Added headphone poweramp controls

v1.0 

- initial release
    - Add UKSM 0.1.2
    - UKSM: Upgrade to 0.1.2.2
    - mm: optimize Kernel Samepage Merging(KSM)
    - fastcharge v1
    - fsa9485: fastcharge v3 - fixed
    - Trinity color

My source - Github - Jamison904

Still rockin this bad boy..13 hrs including two hours of screen time...and im still at 48%
    Huh... didn't notice that myself. No biggie, easy fix. Just didn't want to play with the clocking as I wanted to keep that 100% stock. Small adjustment. I should have something up later tonight.

5jvGZ.png

Code:
    #include 
    /*
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    */

By using the kernel you agree with the above terms!

Download Folder

So far it is excellent, although I suggest one small (but significant on battery life) addition: Abyssplug governor (it is Ondemand with hotplugging).

I might... lmao, you are the one who gave me the idea to make a kernel with all the features but super close to stock. I might make one super stock and another version with a few governors and schedulers. I'll let you guys know.