[Q] Straight Talk LTE on custom ROMs

Search This thread

Sfboy

Jun 18, 2010
San Francisco
Hello there,
I have a new sim card from Straight Talk, that supports LTE/4g and i'm running Jellybean Sandwich v2.0 on my Note. With this new sim and updated APN settings I'm still getting only typical HSPA+ data connection, no luck on getting LTE to work yet.

Under Phone info (*#*#4636#*#*) menu settings I cannot switch a preferred network type, it goes back to "WCDMA preferred" all the time. Already have tried another modem (UCMD3) with no success whatsoever, it won't let me select anything else. I'm getting the same HSPA+ connection.

Any advice on how to get LTE to work, please?

tokuzumi

Nov 25, 2008
I purchased my sim card a little over a month ago, and I just started seeing LTE yesterday. I'm running the most recently 10.2 nightly. I am using an AT&T GS3, not a note, however. I never purchased a new sim card. I think I may have just gotten lucky, as my wife's phone (AT&T htc one x) doesn't get LTE on straight talk, and we got our sim cards in the same envelope.

Reactions: Sfboy

Sfboy

Jun 18, 2010
San Francisco

Sfboy

Jun 18, 2010
San Francisco
I purchased my sim card a little over a month ago, and I just started seeing LTE yesterday. I'm running the most recently 10.2 nightly. I am using an AT&T GS3, not a note, however. I never purchased a new sim card. I think I may have just gotten lucky, as my wife's phone (AT&T htc one x) doesn't get LTE on straight talk, and we got our sim cards in the same envelope.

Lucky you! I hope i'll get LTE to work soon too. Was running 10.2 nightly before flashing Jellybean Sandwich.
Are you using the APN settings on your GS3 off Straight Talk website?

scariola

Nov 15, 2009
Sandy Eggo, CA
Lucky you! I hope i'll get LTE to work soon too. Was running 10.2 nightly before flashing Jellybean Sandwich.
Are you using the APN settings on your GS3 off Straight Talk website?

Custom roms your dialer is *#*#4636#*#* phone information then wcdma preferred change to lte/wcdma/gsm option. Should save automatically.

jman315

Jul 21, 2013
Yep tried that initially but it would always go back to "WCDMA Preferred". I have no idea why ;(

I've seen the same issue on CM 10.1 nightlies and now the 4.3 AOKP rom that I'm running. Under the Mobile network settings go to network operators. It normally takes a minute or two before it displays the carriers (ATT/T-Mobile). Once you select AT&T (if they are listed twice it doesn't seem to matter which you select), then try to go back and change the network mode to gsm/wcdma/lte.

Even though my sim card uses the new APN settings, I still had to contact Straight Talk's BYOB number and ask them to re-provision my sim card for LTE support.

I confirmed today that I'm getting LTE. The speed test I ran 13.61Mbps down and 4.25 Mbps up.

Reactions: Sfboy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Check the APN settings.
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s46eVgKJcu8&desktop_uri=/watch?v=s46eVgKJcu8

Also make sure you are on an ATT radio. Go into dialer and press *#2263# and set to automatic if not done already.
    Yep tried that initially but it would always go back to "WCDMA Preferred". I have no idea why ;(

I've seen the same issue on CM 10.1 nightlies and now the 4.3 AOKP rom that I'm running. Under the Mobile network settings go to network operators. It normally takes a minute or two before it displays the carriers (ATT/T-Mobile). Once you select AT&T (if they are listed twice it doesn't seem to matter which you select), then try to go back and change the network mode to gsm/wcdma/lte.

Even though my sim card uses the new APN settings, I still had to contact Straight Talk's BYOB number and ask them to re-provision my sim card for LTE support.

I confirmed today that I'm getting LTE. The speed test I ran 13.61Mbps down and 4.25 Mbps up.

That's all it will ever be. Why? Because note 1 modems are locked (RAT Restricted).

And H+ is 4G/LTE. Some roms might not have an LTE icon. To know for sure check phone settings and see that the network type is 14 (4G/LTE).