kasper_h

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G

What is NamelessROM?

What is NamelessROM ?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own. See the screenshots in the 3rd post, and visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @jakew02, @Evisceration or @jumoog for information

Disclaimer
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
*/
Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?
NamelessROM Forums

NamelessROM IRC
Or from your IRC client:
Server: irc.freenode.net
Channels: General Discussion - #namelessrom
Development Discussion - #namelessrom-dev

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
Factory Reset/Wipe Data
Format System
Format Dalvik Cache
Install ROM
Install Gapps
Reboot
Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!​

Contributions and Credit
  • CyanogenMod
  • OmniROM
  • AOKP
  • SlimROMs
  • AOSPA
  • Android/Google/AOSP
  • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

XDA:DevDB Information
[ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES][GALAXYSMTD], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
kasper_h

Version Information

Created 2014-03-08
Last Updated 2014-03-08

ts1506

Sep 1, 2012
Kolkata
Have been itching to try out a new ROM for quite some time :)

CM has been facing some call and SMS failures in the last nightlies (fixed by these patches - Here and Here)

Applicable to NamelessROM ?

kasper_h

Oct 8, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Samsung Galaxy A52 4G

tsatomas

Feb 5, 2012
Athens
Hi Kasper, good to see you back in nameless. I am ready but wait for next build with your kernel. I remember from previous that it was better with it . :)

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

eli...

Jan 22, 2013
After installing and waiting for at least one hour, lost all ringtones and notification sounds, selecting sound is empty.

Sent from my GT-I9000

knuckles1978

Aug 6, 2012
Where can i find the feature list for Nameless ROM? I'm interested in trying it having used kasper_h's Mackay ROM for probably the longest of any individual ROM I've had on my phone. Probably a good idea to have it in the first post of the thread... Cheers

Sent from the immortal Galaxy S1 GT-i9000

Last edited:

dzee206

Oct 5, 2011
Seattle
After installing and waiting for at least one hour, lost all ringtones and notification sounds, selecting sound is empty.

Sent from my GT-I9000

install es file explorer and use that to select your tones, i always do that and never had any issues...

Sent from my Icrap Killer using Tapatalk

ayed78

Sep 25, 2013
Front camera fc... CANT CHANGE KERNEL..ANDROID.PHONE WILL FC

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

What is NamelessROM?

What is NamelessROM ?

Simple - NamelessROM is opportunity.
    An opportunity to have a voice to the development team of the after-market firmware that you run on your device.

The main goal of NamelessROM is to provide quality development for android devices, phones and tablets alike.
    NamelessROM developers are available nearly 24/7 and respond to bug reports and feature requests almost instantly.
    This availability will allow you, the end-user, to have direct input into exactly what features and functions are included on the firmware that YOU run.

NamelessROM maintains features and functions of several well-known open-source, AOSP-based ROMs, as well as many features of our own. See the screenshots in the 3rd post, and visit our website for more detailed information.

NamelessROM = endless possibilities. Unless you have an iPhone, then you're out of luck.

NamelessROM Gerrit Review

ANNOUNCEMENT: We are looking for Device Maintainers to expand our support, please visit our IRC channel or PM @jakew02, @Evisceration or @jumoog for information

Disclaimer
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    */
    Got a bug report? Want to request a feature? Need extended support?
    NamelessROM Forums

NamelessROM IRC
    Or from your IRC client:
    Server: irc.freenode.net
    Channels: General Discussion - #namelessrom
    Development Discussion - #namelessrom-dev

Installation Instructions

FROM OTHER ROMS
    Factory Reset/Wipe Data
    Format System
    Format Dalvik Cache
    Install ROM
    Install Gapps
    Reboot
    Profit

UPDATE FROM NamelessROM TO NEWER RELEASE
    Just download the zip and flash it. You will NOT need to wipe anything.
    OTA Updater is work in progress and will be available soon!​

Contributions and Credit
    • CyanogenMod
    • OmniROM
    • AOKP
    • SlimROMs
    • AOSPA
    • Android/Google/AOSP
    • ALL OF OUR AWESOME TESTERS

XDA:DevDB Information
    [ROM][OFFICIAL][4.4.2] NamelessROM [NIGHTLIES][GALAXYSMTD], a ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Contributors
    kasper_h

Version Information

Created 2014-03-08
    Last Updated 2014-03-08
    I became member of the nameless core team and now start working on improving this ROM for the galaxy s (I also maintain N5/hammerhead).

If there are device specific questions/issues, please let me know!
    OK guys, there is some more serious issue with this ROM. So for the time being, I removed SGS from the nightlies list of Nameless. It is not related to the kernel updates, but probably some selinux thing preventing surfaceflinger from starting. I am looking into this, but haven't found the solution.
    OK, I just updated the kernel again with another 125 patches (the other 100 or so were done last week). Kernel is now completely up-to-date with Mackay kernel. Including all OC step (1100-1200-1300-1400). So next nightly should have a lot of improvements :)
    Starting from today's nightly, the OTA updater on Galaxy S will be functional. You could use the application to receive OTA updates and directly install them.