cant make a call or text

Search This thread

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
Every time I call I get a message that I'm roaming and I can't make a call. Text messages don't go through either. At least I still have a data connection... Right

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
Yes I updated my profile and prl. Not sure why or how it got to that point though

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

J_Jacobs

Nov 23, 2013
Same thing

I'm having the same problem. It seems like it started when I updated to the newest software. When I'm right next to a tower, it seems to work normal, but when I get anywhere else...not so much. It will show signal, but disconnect right after I dial. After multiple attempts at provisioning, and manual reprogramming, they determined that it was an antenna problem and that I should take it into a store to get it replaced.

tommason1968

Apr 17, 2011
I thought that I had fixed it through a profile and prl update, but yesterday afternoon I lost everything. Took it back to the sprint store and was told that the connection issues are because of people buying or switching to the new S5 causing provisioning issues. The only time my phone works is over wifi. It's going back today

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app

kkwus74

Jun 13, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A53
Pretty sure the network crap is just an excuse .... Just hope they realize and update their crap . I'll be hanging on awhile longer it not I'm just gonna call up htc and get it replaced after the 14 days

cquinn

Sep 25, 2010
I was having the same problem and it turned out to be my Air rave. Called Air Rave direct 866-556-7310 and they reset my system. Everything fine now. Seems my air rave was stuck trying to connect my old phone. Maybe it'll help someone.