Originally Posted by mandradep
I know how hard it is to find any information about how to root model Samsung Galaxy S5830 M/C/I. After rooting mine, I wanted to facilitate this info to the people that want to root their phones to.
NOTE: Once you root your phone you lose its guarantee. Also, I want to make very clear that you run your own risk. I'm not responsible for what may or not happen to your phone.
To get started I warn that this root is ONLY to users of models S5830 M/C/I.
1. First, you need to download the file in the link below either on your phone or computer. DON'T unzip it.
Because this is my first post, it won't let me paste a link. So you can private message me, and I'll give it to you.
-If you download it on your computer. Once you download it, you need to pass the file to your phone. Copy and paste it in your memory SD card. DON'T paste it in any folder.
-If you download it directly on your phone, you just need to move the file from the folder Downloads to the root of your SD card.
ONCE AGAIN. DON'T UNZIP THE FILE.
2. Now, you need to turn off your phone.
3. The next step is to enter into recovery mode. How do we do this? It's simple. Hold at the same time these buttons: home+volume up+power button. Hold these buttons till the logo shows up. Having this done recovery mode will appear.
-You move through the options using volume buttons (to go up and down), home button (enter) and power (back).
4. Now that you are on recovery mode you follow these exact steps.
-Apply update from sdcard
-Reboot system now
5. Now your phone is rooted. Yay!
Once I rooted it I had no idea what to do with it. I looked info about it, and I found apps very very helpful for our model. Since it is very very slow.
One of the apps I TOTALLY recommend is Link2SD. You can get it from the Play Store, it is completely free, and completely useful. I use this app to delete all those apps that are pre-installed, and so tedious because we don-t use them, and we cannot delete them. Well, with this app you can do it. Also, this app allows you to move any app you want to your SD card. So you can say it is very very cool.
I hope you liked it. I accept any constructive critic. ENJOY IT
Thanks so much....i will do it now