Backlight bleeding

Search This thread

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
Please return it. Looks like my first N8 did.

My has none, but lagggsssssssssssssss, worse than all my other note devices -_-

havekk

May 26, 2008
Baltimore
To the OP, that looks completely normal and acceptable for the technology. I see these post on literally EVERY LCD tablet that comes out. Just go to Google and look up light bleeding and interchange the name of the hottest tablet. Its there. Its just something that comes with a backlight. Its on my computer monitor and TV to some extent. I would say if its really something that bothers you, return it. That's a lot of money to spend on something you're not completely happy with. Wait for the larger Amoled tabs to come out. You won't have an issue with them....just more noticeable dead/stuck pixels lol.

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
To the OP, that looks completely normal and acceptable for the technology. I see these post on literally EVERY LCD tablet that comes out. Just go to Google and look up light bleeding and interchange the name of the hottest tablet. Its there. Its just something that comes with a backlight. Its on my computer monitor and TV to some extent. I would say if its really something that bothers you, return it. That's a lot of money to spend on something you're not completely happy with. Wait for the larger Amoled tabs to come out. You won't have an issue with them....just more noticeable dead/stuck pixels lol.

It's not normal. I went thru 3 N8 so no, just no.

markklok

Nov 11, 2009
Moerdijk
After i swapped mine for a new one i accepted that there will always be some sort of bleeding. So i got over it and I'm still happy with my 12" monster :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app

havekk

May 26, 2008
Baltimore
It's not normal. I went thru 3 N8 so no, just no.

Do me favor... Take your (I'll assume) 4th N8 I to a pitch black room. Turn the brightness to 100%. Take a pic and post it. If we see 100% no leakage of light, I will stand humbly corrected.

I don't actually think you'll do this lol, cause you'll be heading out for your 5th unit.

Last edited:

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
Do me favor... Take your (I'll assume) 4th N8 I to a pitch black room. Turn the brightness to 100%. Take a pic and post it. If we see 100% no leakage of light, I will stand humbly corrected.

I don't actually think you'll do this lol, cause you'll be heading out for your 5th unit.

I'll see if I remember tonight. I've had units that looked like his. Yes even my N12.2 has a slight glow, but not shooting spike like that and other returned units.

havekk

May 26, 2008
Baltimore
I'll see if I remember tonight. I've had units that looked like his. Yes even my N12.2 has a slight glow, but not shooting spike like that and other returned units.

I'm just saying.. You'll literally drive yourself nuts if you keep looking for it. I've never seen a completely perfect and uniformed LCD screen. And trust me, after owning it for a month or so, you really forget about it completely. Or... You can act insane and drive yourself any everyone around you crazy going through 20 units. You do have that right lol.

It IS common. It IS normal. Its a limitation of the technology and manufacturing process.

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
I'm just saying.. You'll literally drive yourself nuts if you keep looking for it. I've never seen a completely perfect and uniformed LCD screen. And trust me, after owning it for a month or so, you really forget about it completely. Or... You can act insane and drive yourself any everyone around you crazy going through 20 units. You do have that right lol.

It IS common. It IS normal. Its a limitation of the technology and manufacturing process.

His unit is NOT normal. Going to take pics now.

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
N12.2 on top. Forgot I switch to brown N8 and didn't feel like getting a 'better" one. Too much hassle. But his spike are not normal. Had a bunch of devices like his, went back.

Attachments

• 20140222_210221.jpg
    20140222_210221.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 641

nymviper1126

Feb 9, 2012
N12.2 on top. Forgot I switch to brown N8 and didn't feel like getting a 'better" one. Too much hassle. But his spike are not normal. Had a bunch of devices like his, went back.

His looked a little more dramatic in my mind...I am getting a second one shipped so I will keep which on has less. But I had some bad ones which is why returning and testing in store is advisable.

fntms

Mar 26, 2010
yellow area

Does anyone notice a yellow area about 1cm wide (mostly visible on white pages) at the bottom left corner of the screen?
It's not a huge deal breaker (compared to the usefulness of the tablet for reading musical scores) but still a bit disappointing...never seen this on a tablet screen before. Might get it changed though if no one else has it...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Got my notepro wifi yesterday and i noticed (while watching a movie during the evening) that there is some backlight bleeding.
    - Bleeding is almost non existing during the day (with TL light above my head)
    - Most is coming from the bottom

I like to know if this is going to be something common or a reason to get my tablet replaced.

Could be i'm too picky but for spending 750 euro's i only want the best :D

ps in the evening i'll make some pictures to be linked in this post
    The Netherlands. :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using xda app-developers app
    Best buy has them; I know my local store has them in stock. Vaguely I think fry also has them but not 100% sure as they are not local to me.

Are you in the USA? I see only stores selling them online. Which stores are carrying them in the store?