[APP] Voice Search Assistant (formerly Voice Search for Google Now) | DEC 11 | [NEW!]

Search This thread

Eden3319

Aug 28, 2012
Sorry, I have no plans to give the app away for free anymore (because I was disappointed by the donations). And it's already set to the cheapest possible price, so if you want to give it a try, there is no reason to wait :).

I would buy it, it's not as a result of sparing the expense it's very cheap for me, I just don't have any means to buy online as my parents don't trust online websites with their visa cards. However I wish you the best of luck in selling it :)

Last edited:

Guner24

Jan 15, 2010
Do you have to click on the search icon in google search window or does it automatically search for what u sad?

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
Guess i wasent clear enough.
I meant first u click on the assistant icon then speak then it puts the text in the google search window then u have to click on the magnifier icon to search or does it do automatically?

It used to search automatically, but Google is constantly changing stuff, so I am not sure anymore :-/. I will take a look at it when I have some time.

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
I use this with Overlays! Nearly-invisible shortcuts to the assistant cover Google Search's mic icons. So get the assistant instead and no FC. Works like a charm.

Now, need some means of stopping Google Search from trying to initialize its own voice recognition (which will crash on an armv6 device)? Xposed module? Anybody game?

(Has been done by Google Now for ICS devs, by Rashed97 for JB, but only on older versions. Unfortunately, Google is always changing things and apparently, instead of implementing its cards as HTML5 (render anywhere supported), hard codes them. Yuk!)

Dovidhalevi

Jun 26, 2012
As stated, this thing works for GoogleSearch as modded for ICS project and by Rashed for JB.

These are OLD.

The latest-and-greatest GoogleSearch and it launcher stub can be sideloaded. Run from its own launcher (Nexus Kitkat), the app will come up and function on JB ROMs. So ... need to use my overlay trick again but this time, no text gets inserted to GoogleSearch. Could the app be updated to enable it to communicate with stock GoogleSearch?

BTW, what does work is Dragon. Used from Swype keyboard, dictate and then tap search.

toucan4267

Mar 27, 2014
xposed?

Sorry, I have no plans to give the app away for free anymore (because I was disappointed by the donations). And it's already set to the cheapest possible price, so if you want to give it a try, there is no reason to wait :).

Hey Johny_G,

Paid user here (in fact I pointed several others your way :) ). I use with KitKat on my optimus S with armv6 (I know, ICS only, but hey, I paid, tried it, it worked, so...) I was wondering if you've heard of/considered xposed framework. With it, you should be able to get your app working with all new versions of Google Now. If you could get this working, I'd be happy to throw a couple more bucks your way ;) . Here's my post on xposed (that no one wants to answer :'( ):http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51410658 . Thanks!

Last edited:

Johny_G

May 27, 2009
Prague
www.gruncl.cz
Hey Johny_G,

Paid user here (in fact I pointed several others your way :) ). I use with KitKat on my optimus S with armv6 (I know, ICS only, but hey, I paid, tried it, it worked, so...) I was wondering if you've heard of/considered xposed framework. With it, you should be able to get your app working with all new versions of Google Now. If you could get this working, I'd be happy to throw a couple more bucks your way ;) . Here's my post on xposed (that no one wants to answer :'( ):http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=51410658 . Thanks!

Hi! Is there anything specific that xposed should resolve? :) Since I have ARMv7 phone now, I've kinda lost the track.

toucan4267

Mar 27, 2014
ARMv6 Up-to-date Google Now

Hi! Is there anything specific that xposed should resolve? :) Since I have ARMv7 phone now, I've kinda lost the track.

Really just that your app only works on older versions of Google now (2.0 I think). xposed should enable you to get your app working with 3.x.whatever and draw many more downloads.

Thanks for the reply! Let me know if you plan on attempting to get your app working on the newest Now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Only for The Google Now for ICS Project users!

Simple addition for those who use Google Now on Android 4.0 with ARMv6 and want to take advantage of voice recognition. It won't work correctly on older versions of Google Voice Search, and it will not bring Google Now itself to your phone.

You can immediately start the voice recognition (without pressing the button) by holding down Search button for a while. Launcher shortcut is also available.

Changelog
    Code:
    1.3.2:
    - Tweaked Manifest and minimal API Level to make this available for older devices with custom 4.0 ROMs

1.3:
    - Renamed and repackaged to meet Google Play Android Developer Program Policy and Google Play Android Developer Distribution Agreement (DDA)
    - You need to uninstall the old version first
    - Fixed the bug when sometimes the first search did not work
    - It is now possible to turn the voice talkback off
    - The donate model was complete disaster, so buy it or let it go :)

1.2:
    - App now integrates with the microphone icon on Google Now search widget

1.1:
    - App now speaks back to you
    - Fixed crash

Download

On Google Play

APK Mirror is no longer available.
    Thanks for making this! My suggestions:

*Toggle voice on/off repeating back what ask (and ideally, add an option where it only repeats back when in hands-free mode)
    *Auto-submit/enter after pasting into Google now
    *Auto-start listening after opening your app without having to hit the button
    *integrating this app with the voice button from within the Google now app

Thanks again!

The app is currently suspended by Google itself, so I will not work on it until the issue is settled, however:

1) I might do that :).
    2) I still cannot find a way to do that. But I'm trying.
    3) It is already done by search-long-press, launcher shortcut and microphone icon on persistent search widget.
    4) This cannot be done for now.
    Just check the updates, I think I fixed that :). It might take a few minutes before it gets available on Google Play.

EDIT: Well, it seems that it can take hours... Google Play became very slow in distributing changes lately. Still better than Apple AppStore and BlackBerry AppWorld though :-D.
    I will change few things and re-release.
    Thanks for your support! Little update is up, but I've ran out of time for today :).

Changelog
    1.1:
    - App now speaks back to you
    - Fixed crash

There is no solution for the "you have to press enter" issue yet. But I will work on it! Other features depend on my time and your donations :)).