Jan 2, 2012
Here is the log from cwm.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1365820967030.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1365820967030.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 130

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just wrote a script that would automatically port ANY carrier's gs3 roms to ANY other carrier's devices :)
    So now u can use all the roms other carriers get :)
    Let me know if there are any errors(not including not found errors)

THIS ON OMG! DROID
    http://omgdroid.com/script-released...-iii-custom-rom-to-any-other-carriers-device/

The future of this:
    1. Ill add all the proprietary files from all the carriers so u dont have to have a base. DONE
    2. UNIVERSAL ZIPS FOR ALL US GS3S THIS WILL TAKE A LONG TIME CUZ I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO USE AROMA OR WRITE AN UPDATER-SCRIPT BUT IT WILL COME!!!(If anyone wants to teach me how to do those just pm me.) DONE BUT NOT GONNA RELEASE YET
    3.Ability to automatically port ANY phones ROM to ANY other phone as long as they have the same dpi, manufacturer, and arm version. WORKING ON THIS. LEARNING PYTHON

How to use:

Linux:
    1. download the rom u want to port and a rom on the SAME android version as the rom u want to port
    2. unzip both of them and place both folders in the same folder
    3. download the script and place it in the folder with the two rom folders
    4. open a terminal and cd to the directory
    5. run:
    Code:
    chmod +x portscript.sh
    ./portscript.sh
    6. PROFIT

FOR WINDOWS I RECOMMEND CYGWIN AND THE LINUX VERSION. THE WINDOWS VERSION IS KINDA MESSED UP.

Windows(experimental):
    1. download the rom u want to port and a rom on the SAME android version as the rom u want to port
    2. unzip both of them and place both folders in the same folder
    3. download the script and place it in the folder with the two rom folders
    4. rename the rom you want to port's folder to port
    5. double-click on portscript.bat
    6. PROFIT

How to port rom from galaxy nexus or any other xhdpi armv7 samsung device:
    1. inside ur base rom, open META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script as a text file and copy the mount points (like mount(/dev/block/mmcblk0p8, /system) you would copy /dev/blockmmcblk0p8)
    2. Download script and do the porting procedure
    3. open up the rom u are porting's META-INF/com/google/android/updater-script and replace the mounting with the values u copied.
    4. save and move the updater-script to ur base's META-INF/com/google/android/ and replace

NEW!!!
    NO NEED FOR BASE:
    1. download the nobase script zip and extract it somewhere
    2. download a device's proprietary files zip and extract it into the folder of the script
    3. run the script and follow directions!

how to add a device to the nobase script:

download and unpack the zip with ur desired carrier/android version
    run the portdiffs.sh and follow directions!

Disclaimer:
    Im not responsible for anything that might go wrong :)

Changelog:
    v3: more fixes
    v2: fixed update-binary being update_binary

DLs:

.bat s are windows, .sh is linux.
    portscriptnobase is linux

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B2qlFDXo6JOreUY3RjFkRm1aeFU/edit

Thanks to d3athsd00r for helping
    Quote: Originally Posted by drwx

seriously? what do you think it means? terminal = command prompt... cd = change directory.

Whoa Bro, everyone was a noob once. 2

I am a s 60 year old dude who has no technical background and is only trying to learn - when people ask me questions about things I am an expert in - I don't try to make them feel small - but instead try to help them so they can learn - what threw me about his oringal instruction was the term "terminal' - I understand Command Prompt - but didn't understand the other in that context - I am self taught - spoiled by windows - and actualy can do much more than youmight think -- I am not an expert - not a dev or a themer - I just love playing around with this awesome phone and try to get the most out of it - I just don't know the language. I have learned a phenomenal amount from others who have had the patience and willingness to to teach or explain and for those I am very grateful. Next time you want to help someone - leave the wise cracks and offer what you can - it is and will be appreciated.
    i've always used slashes on all windows releases, despite architecture.

I believe i've got all the errors corrected. Not going to flash the port right now cause I've got some studying to do, but here you go. Had to rename it to .txt to upload.

There was also an issue with some of your delete commands, you were trying to use rmdir \directory\* and i changed it to del /f /s/q \directory\* but i think that deleted too much actually, probably didn't need to delete the sub directories. Thats what the /s argument does.

Dang it, just noticed that you need to change copy to

xcopy /s \directory\*
    Probably

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

No that will not work. If this does simple recovery mount point changes & build prop changes that will work for the family of SGS3 that share the same hardware. It will not work for i9300 as that has a different set of hardware. Thus, different libs and what not.

I doubt this script has the ability to decompile & merge correctly smali. Or has a downloadable collection of libs for i9300. Probably only works for the SGS3 variants like AT&T, telus, tmobile, etc.
    miui porting to get you booting maybe

MIUI just to boot with bugs

base= already works on your phone
    port= what you want to work on your phone.

*always delete folders before moving in another. never merge folders, could jack some **** up.

This is just to hopefully get you booting. you will have to run ddms or logcat so you can iron out your bugs.
    I am using an evo lte 4g and this is a minimum port that i would do just to boot.
    Also make sure you are porting JB-JB and ICS-ICS, It will save you alot of time,And if possible If you are using a sammy try to port from a sammy.

1. take boot image from base and put into port.
    2. go into the ports meta-inf and open the updater. ,you will then see Blk number that pertains to system, data somtimes, and kernel or boot,img
    you will be changing those numbers to match the updater that goes with your phone. also check the getprop up top if you have one or just remove it.

3. go into ports build prop and change all phone specific crap in there, ie. htc_ville to htc_jewel and also ville to jewel. because i would be porting a ville rom and i have a jewel. you may also have to change the density ie 240 - 320

4. go into ports system folder and look for usr, and replace it with one from base

5.go into etc folder and replace out the firmware folder
    also replace out the apns-conf.xml

6.go into lib folder in port and replace out egl,hw and modules from base rom(working rom)

i can alwyas use this method and boot right up on aosp versions for my EVO LTE 4G. you will have bugs but thats the fun part.

Thats it guys! have fun and read, read, read! i know it sucks but it has to be done.

OP i put this here only for refference and is not a way to port all roms. if you want me to remove just lemme know and i will do so promptly.

* No that if you try this method and you jack your **** up.. XDA the Op nor I are responsible.
    common things that can cause you to brick when porting are.....the wrong boot.img or kernel , writing files to the wrong partition ie. system kernel and data blks---see updater script.