Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
Did you OVER THE AIR =O.T.A. update YOU CAN still Root/RECOVERY BUT YOU MUST DOWN GRADE FIRST AS OF MAY 2013
This works on all Canadian variants of the lg optimus g 2600 lte phones.
If you root you can not OTA update.
If you root and flash to any version of jellybean OTA= over the air update is no longer needed.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU ERASE YOU FAMILY HISTORY OR REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GENE-POOL

I did not develop or create this i just merged it so it would work.

USB debugging must be turned on found in settings then development check-mark USB debugging then plug in you phone LG drivers must be installed found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3p6u1bq776bdbzi

If you have issues with getting in to recovery i did try QUICKBOOT found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g4g37gwd6y99urb or download from Google play

1. Download: lg e971.zip http://d-h.st/HsU
2. Extract it
:cyclops:Update not tested i have added the files to e971.zip or download the the ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root Posted by fiddy619 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2181103
ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root Update run CurrentRoot.bat first if it works go to freegee.bat then continue to step 8.
3. Run: RunMe.bat ignore restore instructions skip with back button
4. Run: Root.bat
5. Download busybox from the market and install it then run it
6. Transfer: cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip in the found LG e971 folder to your internal SD-card not in a folder in main directory.
7. Run: Freegee.bat once complete you are now ROOTED with CUSTOM RECOVERY
NOTE: This CUSTOM RECOVERY DOSE NOT WORK WELL AT ALL continuing with next step to update the custom recovery.
NOTE: To enter custom recovery shut phone off then press vol up+down+power at the same time you will see fastboot hit vol down twice you won't see anything happen on the fastboot screen hit power it will reboot to custom recovery.
8. Install zip from internal SD-card look for cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip in your main directory then flash it.

Now you can flash ANY Stock 4.1.2 ROM OR 4.01 ROM
Recommendation for Rogers use this Stock 4.1.2 Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 Canada / At&t / Int'l Edition found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127346 Thank houstonn for this if you want to donate http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4852479

:cyclops:UPDATE: CM10 based roms will boot loop or just not boot due to a partition issue you must downgrade to shipped revision d not e kdz then full root/boot loader unlock then flash what you want. :cyclops:

FYI I bricked my phone once then restored it just to get this done.
After 10 hrs of playing around with all i could find in the forums i found this to work.
I have repeated these steps on 3 more phones for other owners and it works great.
Now i have no bloatware removed LG-Ui removed LG Email and Google Mail using enhanced email for faster push intervals Full nova launcher custom kernel and pimped with pimp my ROM for added tweaks and flashed g-now

IF YOU BRICKED OR WISH TO RESTORE OR DOWNGRADE

:cyclops:NEEDED FOR ANY CM10-ASOP/AOKP ROMS
E97110D_00.KDZ downgrade here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rhe7im3hbznow5t

:cyclops:NEEDED FOR ANY JELLY 4.1.2 ROMS
E97110E_00.KDZ O.T.A. update here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rkyevf6rrmypdwr

Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
Phone Mode: CS_Emergency

Navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ file

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

Your phone will restart itself when complete

If you get stuck on the lg logo perform a factory reset volume down power at the same time release power at logo hold volume until you see factory reset then power twice

This proses is the same for downgrade E97110D_00.kdz is the downgrade file and is necessary to flash and run any CM10 based rom because of partition settings and if you downgrade root and fregee is all that you need and i recommend the downgrade its more compatible with custom roms

NONE OF THE SOFTWARE USED IS MINE AND FOR THOSE WHO CREATED IT I THANK-YOU FOR YOU CONTINUED WORK AND DEDICATION if you know who they are and this helped donate to them not to me THANK-YOU

I AM AM JUST A TESTER TRYING IT ALL UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT FROM MY DEVICE

Screen shots of what i have now below :good:

My 2 Cents= "If you asked for free advice and got what you paid for ? don't complain."

Attachments

• screenshot_000005.jpg
    screenshot_000005.jpg
    204.1 KB · Views: 1,156
  • screenshot_000007.jpg
    screenshot_000007.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 1,030
  • screenshot_000001.jpg
    screenshot_000001.jpg
    211.1 KB · Views: 1,022
  • screenshot_000003.jpg
    screenshot_000003.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,037
Last edited:

chadouming

Aug 27, 2009
On the interwebz
1st. Never upload something to dropbox if you want to distribute on public. It will rape your bandwidth allocation and you will get a warning and your dropbox public download will be cutted.

2nd. You didnt need to include your own backup file. Freegee will do the backup anyway and this might be confusing to the user if it says it failed but still have the backup done. This will also decrease significantly the size of the archive.

3rd. There is no developement done here. it's simply a re-zip of multiple package already found in this forum.

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
thanks for the info on drop box
and i did not claim it was anything i created or developed other than a workaround and the back up is from the developer of freegee and has been removed.

Last edited:

trincisor

Feb 1, 2008
Nexus 7 (2013)
Asus Zenfone 5Z
Re: Rogers e971 Root with update work around found and bootloader unlock with cwm upd

1st. Never upload something to dropbox if you want to distribute on public. It will rape your bandwidth allocation and you will get a warning and your dropbox public download will be cutted.

2nd. You didnt need to include your own backup file. Freegee will do the backup anyway and this might be confusing to the user if it says it failed but still have the backup done. This will also decrease significantly the size of the archive.

3rd. There is no developement done here. it's simply a re-zip of multiple package already found in this forum.

1. Cutted is not a word

Sent from my Optimus G using xda app-developers app

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
Thank you I was so busy trying to make my post politically correct I didn't notice and your right, if your going to criticize information use real words lol :cyclops:

Way to serious here.:eek:

Really want to cheese some one off pm them a question I almost got band twice.

To all of the developers without testers what do you have.
We trust them with the device we spent hundreds of dollars on and donate to the cause and get flack for a dumb question.
I was told the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

Last edited:

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
Re: Rogers e971 Root with update work around found and bootloader unlock with cwm upd

Thank you I was so busy trying to make my post politically correct I didn't notice and your right, if your going to criticize information use real words lol :cyclops:

Way to serious here.:eek:

Really want to cheese some one off pm them a question I almost got band twice.

To all of the developers without testers what do you have.
We trust them with the device we spent hundreds of dollars on and donate to the cause and get flack for a dumb question.
I was told the only dumb question is the one you didn't ask.

I appreciate the info, and am glad you posted it all in one place.

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-E971 using Tapatalk 2

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ATTENTION!!!!

QUICK AND EASY ALL IN ONE ROOT AND BOOTLOADER UNLOCK WITHOUT A NEED TO DOWNGRADE SOFTWARE, OR DO ANY KDZ WORK OF ANY KIND! (something I still am unsure how to do)

Thanks a TON kentek. I put off rooting this phone and unlocking the booloader because of all the software downgrading and different soft brick possibilities with OTA's and other things. This made things SUUUUUPER easy.

It almost scary how easy it was, lol. I think you should include a little bit more information in the OP however. Things like "USB debugging" must be turned on. Even instructions on how to boot the phone into recovery. Personally I use quick boot. Maybe recommend people root first, then install QuickBoot before unlocking with freegee, as an easy way to get into the CWM that freegee installs. Then you can use quickboot to get into recovery and update it to sk8ers touch recovery (the BEST recovery ive ever used across numerous devices.)

Anyway..... Thanks again kentek, and hopefully more people who were having trouble, or like me, hesitant to do anything, will see this thread and have their freedom granted as quick and easy as I did.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!

Reactions: SageLikeFool

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Ahhhh. Now THATS an OP! lol.

With the explanation so thorough now, nobody should have any issues. Just the more in-depth info about how freegee works. One of the things I was trying to find out was whether or not freegee replaced your recovery. Even the video on the freegee official thread doesn't explain ANYTHING. Just shows the guy booting into recovery, with no mention of the replacement cwm touch. You've pretty much made it fool proof now! :)

The weather here has been ridiculous. Its +12 one day, -10 the next. Its plague weather for sure, lol. Its funny, I'm literally on my way to Niagara right now as I type this. So I'll be passing through your neighborhood in about an hour, haha. I'll check out your weather as I pass through, lol.

kentek

Mar 22, 2012
Hamilton Ontario
www.facebook.com
yes freegee injects the recovery i guess if i play with freegee a bit i could replace the one it has with the update i will check it out and post if its possible.

when your on the sky-way look right that me waving lol

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

Saw ya. Waved back! Haha. What a ****ty grey day, lol

stillriza

Jul 19, 2009
In the space
To the OP, I wanted to thank you for posting all the information in an easy to follow manner. I can confirm that I am now rooted even though I had applied the latest OTA update from rogers prior attempting this method. Only tricky part was getting into recovery mode.. it should be "Hold the Volume UP & power buttons at the same time."

DaMeatMan

Aug 12, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So will using this method to root and unlock bootloader cause me to lose the OTA function?

I'm on Rogers e971 with latest OTA update. I would like root so i can get back to using Titanium, but i'm not sure if i want to sacrifice my ability to run future OTA updates.

LNJ

Oct 7, 2007

So will using this method to root and unlock bootloader cause me to lose the OTA function?

I'm on Rogers e971 with latest OTA update. I would like root so i can get back to using Titanium, but i'm not sure if i want to sacrifice my ability to run future OTA updates.

You still gets OTA with root. You can't update only if your bootloader is unlocked.

LG Optimus G E971

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel

As soon as official updates are released, there's always a flashable .zip released within a week. Hell, were flashing the official update based on the Korean version of the software AND hardware, which are both slightly different. I wouldn't worry too much about ota's, lol.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Did you OVER THE AIR =O.T.A. update YOU CAN still Root/RECOVERY BUT YOU MUST DOWN GRADE FIRST AS OF MAY 2013
    This works on all Canadian variants of the lg optimus g 2600 lte phones.
    If you root you can not OTA update.
    If you root and flash to any version of jellybean OTA= over the air update is no longer needed.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU ERASE YOU FAMILY HISTORY OR REMOVE YOURSELF FROM THE GENE-POOL

I did not develop or create this i just merged it so it would work.

USB debugging must be turned on found in settings then development check-mark USB debugging then plug in you phone LG drivers must be installed found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?3p6u1bq776bdbzi

If you have issues with getting in to recovery i did try QUICKBOOT found here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?g4g37gwd6y99urb or download from Google play

1. Download: lg e971.zip http://d-h.st/HsU
    2. Extract it
    :cyclops:Update not tested i have added the files to e971.zip or download the the ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root Posted by fiddy619 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2181103
    ZV9-ZVB-Universal-Root Update run CurrentRoot.bat first if it works go to freegee.bat then continue to step 8.
    3. Run: RunMe.bat ignore restore instructions skip with back button
    4. Run: Root.bat
    5. Download busybox from the market and install it then run it
    6. Transfer: cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip in the found LG e971 folder to your internal SD-card not in a folder in main directory.
    7. Run: Freegee.bat once complete you are now ROOTED with CUSTOM RECOVERY
    NOTE: This CUSTOM RECOVERY DOSE NOT WORK WELL AT ALL continuing with next step to update the custom recovery.
    NOTE: To enter custom recovery shut phone off then press vol up+down+power at the same time you will see fastboot hit vol down twice you won't see anything happen on the fastboot screen hit power it will reboot to custom recovery.
    8. Install zip from internal SD-card look for cwm6027touch_v14.4.6_geebus.zip in your main directory then flash it.

Now you can flash ANY Stock 4.1.2 ROM OR 4.01 ROM
    Recommendation for Rogers use this Stock 4.1.2 Jelly Bean LG-E973/1/5/0 Canada / At&t / Int'l Edition found here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2127346 Thank houstonn for this if you want to donate http://xdaforums.com/donatetome.php?u=4852479

:cyclops:UPDATE: CM10 based roms will boot loop or just not boot due to a partition issue you must downgrade to shipped revision d not e kdz then full root/boot loader unlock then flash what you want. :cyclops:

FYI I bricked my phone once then restored it just to get this done.
    After 10 hrs of playing around with all i could find in the forums i found this to work.
    I have repeated these steps on 3 more phones for other owners and it works great.
    Now i have no bloatware removed LG-Ui removed LG Email and Google Mail using enhanced email for faster push intervals Full nova launcher custom kernel and pimped with pimp my ROM for added tweaks and flashed g-now

IF YOU BRICKED OR WISH TO RESTORE OR DOWNGRADE

:cyclops:NEEDED FOR ANY CM10-ASOP/AOKP ROMS
    E97110D_00.KDZ downgrade here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rhe7im3hbznow5t

:cyclops:NEEDED FOR ANY JELLY 4.1.2 ROMS
    E97110E_00.KDZ O.T.A. update here http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?rkyevf6rrmypdwr

Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.

Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below

Type: 3GQCT
    Phone Mode: CS_Emergency

Navigate to the folder which you have saved the downloaded KDZ file

Click Launch Software Update and wait for the flash process to finish

Your phone will restart itself when complete

If you get stuck on the lg logo perform a factory reset volume down power at the same time release power at logo hold volume until you see factory reset then power twice

This proses is the same for downgrade E97110D_00.kdz is the downgrade file and is necessary to flash and run any CM10 based rom because of partition settings and if you downgrade root and fregee is all that you need and i recommend the downgrade its more compatible with custom roms

NONE OF THE SOFTWARE USED IS MINE AND FOR THOSE WHO CREATED IT I THANK-YOU FOR YOU CONTINUED WORK AND DEDICATION if you know who they are and this helped donate to them not to me THANK-YOU

I AM AM JUST A TESTER TRYING IT ALL UNTIL I GET WHAT I WANT FROM MY DEVICE

Screen shots of what i have now below :good:

My 2 Cents= "If you asked for free advice and got what you paid for ? don't complain."
    THIS THREAD NEEDS MORE ATTENTION!!!!

QUICK AND EASY ALL IN ONE ROOT AND BOOTLOADER UNLOCK WITHOUT A NEED TO DOWNGRADE SOFTWARE, OR DO ANY KDZ WORK OF ANY KIND! (something I still am unsure how to do)

Thanks a TON kentek. I put off rooting this phone and unlocking the booloader because of all the software downgrading and different soft brick possibilities with OTA's and other things. This made things SUUUUUPER easy.

It almost scary how easy it was, lol. I think you should include a little bit more information in the OP however. Things like "USB debugging" must be turned on. Even instructions on how to boot the phone into recovery. Personally I use quick boot. Maybe recommend people root first, then install QuickBoot before unlocking with freegee, as an easy way to get into the CWM that freegee installs. Then you can use quickboot to get into recovery and update it to sk8ers touch recovery (the BEST recovery ive ever used across numerous devices.)

Anyway..... Thanks again kentek, and hopefully more people who were having trouble, or like me, hesitant to do anything, will see this thread and have their freedom granted as quick and easy as I did.

SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTT!!!!!!!