[Q] dissapointing battery life on Paranoid Android Beta 5

Search This thread

catsargent

Dec 24, 2011
I have kept the screen brightness at the lowest of the low, only turned on data when needed, and still my battery can't have more than 2:50 of screen on time before the battery dies (1%). I am assuming stock rom is most likely the best for battery life, but I require some custom features that only non-stock roms have. So what I am asking is, what else can I do to improve the battery, or what other roms have good battery life for Nexus 5

Thanks

wideasleep1

Jun 2, 2006
I have kept the screen brightness at the lowest of the low, only turned on data when needed, and still my battery can't have more than 2:50 of screen on time before the battery dies (1%). I am assuming stock rom is most likely the best for battery life, but I require some custom features that only non-stock roms have. So what I am asking is, what else can I do to improve the battery, or what other roms have good battery life for Nexus 5

Thanks

You also need to examine wakelocks and hungry apps...d/l and use a wakelock detector and try to forego the top 5 apps that waste the most. (eg. Facebook?)

Damn..beaten by rootSU again!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
roms dont really have anything to do with battery life. kernels do somewhat, but to a point. battery life is mostly affected by how you personally set up your phone, what apps you chose to install, how you personally use your phone, and mainly the quality of your phone/data signal. remember, as many phone users as there are, as many different ways that people use their phones.

catsargent

Dec 24, 2011
You also need to examine wakelocks and hungry apps...d/l and use a wakelock detector and try to forego the top 5 apps that waste the most. (eg. Facebook?).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Ok. I have tried similar by disabling keep awake in app ops. Is that the same thing? I have used wakelock detector. THis is what I have: