Ace 2 Gt-i8160L LATIN. How to install CM?

Search This thread

Aidarbek

Oct 16, 2013
Bishkek
Ace 2 Gt-i8160L LATIN. How to install CM?

When I install CM, don't wok sim-card and not IMEI.
Restore IMEI don't helped.
This is modem or hw problems, i think.
Sorry my english is bad.

gianrock

Jan 6, 2014
Guayaquil
1) backup tee folder
2) On build.prop change all GT-I8160L to GT-I8160 (without L)
3) all wipes factory/cache/dalvik
3) Install CM_Xversion
4) Whith roo explorer replace tee folder

Enjoy. :)

Reactions: KiwiCool60a

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013
2) also can delete assert :/
4) you can just replace in zip before flashing (just sayin)

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk

KiwiCool60a

Feb 22, 2014
When to alter ROM

2) also can delete assert :/
4) you can just replace in zip before flashing (just sayin)

Am located in New Zealand, and hence using model i8160L, running stock JB ROM

Am trying to modify / install Maclaw CM KK ROM -- but am having problems
-- it "reads" the ROM and "immediately" (afaik) but aborts installation
-- NO ERROR MESSAGES come up for any indication as to why it's aborting

Am trying to do the following -- appreciate any feedback to correct procedure if I'm making eny errors

(i) omitting any and all references to L in 8160L string -- should I restrict it to any particular lines? -- using Build.Prop Editor
-- the Settings/About Device shows it as an 8160, rather than an 8160L after the Build.Prop changes, but the boot screen still shows it as the 8160L -- but at least I don't get the error message about trying to install ROM on wrong device

(ii) before attempting installation, downloading the latest ROM, unzipping the ROM using 7zip, deleting "tee" folder
-- and pasting tee folder from the stock JB ROM installed on my phone
(iii) re-zipping the ROM using 7zip -- I notice I get a different MD5 to that llsted on the download page
(iv) attempting to flash the modified ROM in Recovery mode, but it aborts

Don't know enough to know if install procedure tries to validate the "to be installed" ROM's MD5 and aborts since it's different from that on the download page

Don't know what purpose of tee folder is -- is it to connect to local carrier?

How about if I try to install "unmodified" ROM (in its unmodified form) and once it's installed, if it does (?), replace the tee folder at that later stage, to check for ability to connect to carrier?

Do I need to unlock the SIM card first --- as that's also something I haven't done

(naturally, I've backed up and able to restore to what I had before attempting the install)

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013

Am trying to do the following -- appreciate any feedback to correct procedure if I'm making eny errors

(i) omitting any and all references to L in 8160L string -- should I restrict it to any particular lines? -- using Build.Prop Editor
-- the Settings/About Device shows it as an 8160, rather than an 8160L after the Build.Prop changes, but the boot screen still shows it as the 8160L -- but at least I don't get the error message about trying to install ROM on wrong device

(ii) before attempting installation, downloading the latest ROM, unzipping the ROM using 7zip, deleting "tee" folder
(iii) re-zipping the ROM using 7zip -- I notice I get a different MD5 to that llsted on the download page

Don't know enough to know if install procedure tries to validate the "to be installed" ROM's MD5 and aborts since it's different from that on the download page

How about if I try to install "unmodified" ROM (in its unmodified form) and once it's installed, if it does (?), replace the tee folder at that later stage, to check for ability to connect to carrier?

Do I need to unlock the SIM card first --- as that's also something I haven't done

(naturally, I've backed up and able to restore to what I had before attempting the install)

md5 sum change probably because you uncompressed and re-compressed file.
no you dont have to unlock carrier.
use total commander and delete first 3 lines in updater-script.(all before mount.. bahblablah) and then compress it, then try.
btw it doesnt show any status errors?

KiwiCool60a

Feb 22, 2014
When to alter ROM cont'd

use total commander and delete first 3 lines in updater-script.(all before mount.. bahblablah) and then compress it, then try.

MANY MANY thanks for your very prompt reply, and further information

"status errors" -- as a result of ?? -- no status errors evident after rebooting with modfified Build.Prop

had lots of "fun" on my previous efforts with custom ROMs -- played with several on a Huawei G300 I had --
-- but, gee, this is an ongoing learning process -- now to learn about updater script !!! :D
(only learnt about Total Commander from your post - despite its high rating -- but note others have used other things for "text editing")
(but have discovered some TUTs on xda)

Reading more carefully through the posts I see it may be possible to flash the ROM, and then later, substitute the tee folder supplied in the Maclaw ROM with the stock JB one -- right?

I'll definitely learn more about updater-script, but I'll try to flash the ROM again without modifying the ROM === OK?

tofueatsbread

Mar 7, 2013

"status errors" -- as a result of ?? -- no status errors evident after rebooting with modfified Build.Prop

had lots of "fun" on my previous efforts with custom ROMs -- played with several on a Huawei G300 I had --
-- but, gee, this is an ongoing learning process -- now to learn about updater script !!! :D
(only learnt about Total Commander from your post - despite its high rating -- but note others have used other things for "text editing")

Reading more carefully through the posts I see it may be possible to flash the ROM, and then later, substitute the tee folder supplied in the Maclaw ROM with the stock JB one -- right?

I'll definitely learn more about updater-script, but I'll try to flash the ROM again without modifying the ROM === OK?

-Dont care about ro.build.model. once assert is deleted you dont have to change it. And its not mandatory.
-I recommended total commander just because its the only root browser i have that shows the assert in 3 lines exactly. Unless es etc. You can also use other editors ^.^ :p
-like when installation is aborted, it says status 7(or 0 etc)

KiwiCool60a

Feb 22, 2014
Many thanks -- now for the "rest" and time for tee

-Dont care about ro.build.model. once assert is deleted you dont have to change it. And its not mandatory.
-I recommended total commander just because its the only root browser i have that shows the assert in 3 lines exactly. Unless es etc. You can also use other editors ^.^ :p

Many thanks!! KK installed -- that was the "fascinating" thing -- no status errors on previous failed attempt at installation -- nothing

but now it's installed -- with GApps added, and now to "worry" about the rest of it all

unsurprisingly -- if tee does what I think it does -- but I can't find a TUT on that anywhere
-- so currently, I can't connect to my local carrier, so it's currently not a :"phone" as such

even more frustratingly, computer found phone when it was first plugged in, but now seems to have lost it!! time to reboot system
-- and, it's been a while since I used CM but I can't find extsdcard!!

KiwiCool60a

Feb 22, 2014
Permissions

Cm file manager?
Settings-general settings-access mode- root

sorry, not used to that one -- for that matter, I tend to stay away from things affecting the system I don't know

so I'm lost in permissions in different apps -- can't find "paste" in CM file, and can't find RW permissions in ES!!

But you're being exceptionally patient! thanks, heaps

KiwiCool60a

Feb 22, 2014
Lot easier than I thought -- and MANY thanks again

sorry, not used to that one -- for that matter, I tend to stay away from things affecting the system I don't know

so I'm lost in permissions in different apps -- can't find "paste" in CM file, and can't find RW permissions in ES!!

But you're being exceptionally patient! thanks, heaps

Actually, it's a lot easier than I thought -- working phone, with KK installed -- without need to unlock carrier!!

Many thanks for the guidance, patience ....

and, of course, to the ROM developers

KiwiCool60a

Feb 22, 2014
Repeated problems with Maclaw KK ROM

Actually, it's a lot easier than I thought -- working phone, with KK installed -- without need to unlock carrier!!

Many thanks for the guidance, patience ....

and, of course, to the ROM developers

Many thanks for past help with intall procedure -- but have had repeated problems of late -- last installed ROM on March 9th -- could install several versions prior to that date, and use them successfully, but since then have been unable since I repeatedly get "Error searching for networks", and hence cannot connect to carrier, and hence unable to use phone as phone, though other functions seem to work OK, -- any ideas??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Replace tee folder in rom zip /system/lib with the one from stock rom

1) backup tee folder
    2) On build.prop change all GT-I8160L to GT-I8160 (without L)
    3) all wipes factory/cache/dalvik
    3) Install CM_Xversion
    4) Whith roo explorer replace tee folder

Enjoy. :)