Updated HTC WATCH app - w/o system update (OTA)

Search This thread
htc-evo-3d-122x120.png
watchhtcapp-1.png

Here is the EVO 3D Watch app update. I know a lot of people are not installing the OTA system update before we get root. Installing this will allow you to use HTC WATCH and watch the Green Hornet 3d video without applying the OTA.

The first attached apk is the update.
The second attached apk is the app itself and should not be required. (for most people)

Edit: A few people have said that the update fails but installing the app itself has worked for them.

If this helped you: Please hit the Thanks Button

Attachments

• com.htc.watch.update-1-1.0.apk
    9 KB · Views: 8,818
  • com.sdgtl.watch.shooter-24-v0.2.26.3-24.apk
    2 MB · Views: 7,632
Last edited:

Delvorak

Nov 11, 2007
Installing those did remove the update notice.... But the green hornet doesnt show in the list. I created a watch account... Didnt do anything. What do I have to do to watch te movie?

Installing those did remove the update notice.... But the green hornet doesnt show in the list. I created a watch account... Didnt do anything. What do I have to do to watch te movie?

If you put your old sd in the phone then the movie may still be on the original card that came with the phone. On the sd, go to .data/htcwatch/preload_movies, and that's where it would be. I'd you don't see those folders then you don't have the file.

I swapped my card out while in the store but I had made sure that they have me the original. If you don't have the file, there's a thread, in the general section i believe, where you should be able to grey the file. If not, i have the file I just can't figure out how in the heck to send it to someone. Dropbox didn't work.

Once you have the files, make a folder in .data called htcwatch and inside that make one called preload_movies. Place the file in the later one and you should be good to go. Go to the Green Hornet app and open it. It should be good from there.

I hope I was able to help you out.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
I'm just sitting forever at 'downloading license'....anyone else have a problem? I have an account setup already.

I'm just sitting forever at 'downloading license'....anyone else have a problem? I have an account setup already.

I think your problem is unrelated to the update.

Did you create HTC Sense account and Watch account?

Maybe try while your connected to WiFi?
Or try to access the the movie thru the app drawer Green Hornet Icon.

Post back.

smw6180

Oct 31, 2007
Bear, DE
smw6180: When you go to your list of installed applications, watch: what version does it say you have? mine says v0.2.26.3-24 - Let me know, I can try a few different things.

I think your problem is unrelated to the update.

Did you create HTC Sense account and Watch account?

Maybe try while your connected to WiFi?
Or try to access the the movie thru the app drawer Green Hornet Icon.

Post back.

Looks like the update didn't take. I'm at 0.2.18.20. Tried updating again, failed again. Update appears to take, but it doesn't actually do anything. I have a Sense and Watch account, yes and I've tried rebooting.

Edit: Ok, updated it 2 more times and it suddenly took. I have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Thanks for putting this out there :)

Last edited:

tsalate

Apr 15, 2006
Atlanta
Try watching the movie from the widget and not the shortcut in the app drawer. It plays fine for me that way and i haven't updated anything.

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA App

Reactions: str8upx

Vdubtx

Jul 24, 2010
Not working for me. DL and install the update and it still wants to do the OTA update. Installed the full app and it works. Thanks.

Looks like the update didn't take. I'm at 0.2.18.20. Tried updating again, failed again. Update appears to take, but it doesn't actually do anything. I have a Sense and Watch account, yes and I've tried rebooting.

Edit: Ok, updated it 2 more times and it suddenly took. I have no idea why it didn't work the first time. Thanks for putting this out there :)

Cool, Glad you got it to work.

Reactions: Element88

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    htc-evo-3d-122x120.png
    watchhtcapp-1.png

Here is the EVO 3D Watch app update. I know a lot of people are not installing the OTA system update before we get root. Installing this will allow you to use HTC WATCH and watch the Green Hornet 3d video without applying the OTA.

The first attached apk is the update.
    The second attached apk is the app itself and should not be required. (for most people)

Edit: A few people have said that the update fails but installing the app itself has worked for them.

If this helped you: Please hit the Thanks Button
    Its not worth the risk!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but won't we have to do a system update anyway when HTC releases the unlocked bootloader? I ask because I already did the OTA update

Yes but thats only if you wait to HTC to unlock it. Also its believed that HTC is ONLY going to unlock the bootloader NOT GIVE S-OFF. And If you go with the HTC method the same OTA thats going to unlock it is going to patch all the root exploits we have (and probably some that we dont know about yet) that could give us s-off. More importantly though, s-off is days away and may only work with some hboots, installing OTAs often updates the hboot as well. It has always been advised that you should never install OTAs. A perfect example was the EVO 4G's gingerbread OTA, people thought they were getting the long awaited GB and ended up getting S-ON with it. To this day it is still locked.
    Not working for me. DL and install the update and it still wants to do the OTA update. Installed the full app and it works. Thanks.

Great, I had a feeling a few people would need the app itself.
    Thank you for this it worked

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA Premium App
    Is there another update for this? I just flashed decks e3d ROM and was testing everything out and it's asking me to update, but all it does is take me to the update HTC software screen. Can anyone find and attach the new update if there is one?

Watch is still on version v0.2.26.3-24

Attached is the only other file I could extract related to Watch.
    Please let me know if this worked. Thx.