Necessary to install a screen protection.

Search This thread

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
Hi everybody. My Note 3 was protected by a screen protector. I just remove it right now because the pen let some marks on the screen and its very annoying. Also, I have the Samsung Flip Cover the one with the screen. My question is should I put another screen protection or its not necessary? It is easy to scratch the screen.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app

thahim

Forum Leader
Dec 24, 2006
Karachi
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Hi everybody. My Note 3 was protected by a screen protector. I just remove it right now because the pen let some marks on the screen and its very annoying. Also, I have the Samsung Flip Cover the one with the screen. My question is should I put another screen protection or its not necessary? It is easy to scratch the screen.

Thanks

Screens do get scratched and you must need a protector.

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-n9005

dr.m0x

Oct 28, 2010
Auckland
I wouldn't say it's easy to scratch the screen. It is possible though and it's much cheaper to replace a screen protector than a screen. Sounds like you were using a cheap plastic one. I'd recommend you look into a tempered glass protector which will not compromise the look and feel of the device compared to plastic protectors and you certainly won't have any problems with the protector being marked with the pen.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
I was using the Zagg insibleshield Hd. Could you recommand me another brand?

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
I was using the Zagg insibleshield Hd. Could you recommand me another brand?

WOW... I have been using one for 2 months now... never scratched it. PLUS you can get a new one for the price of shipping from them as they are lifetime.

I recommend a screen protector with ALL S view cases. they tend cut into the screen at mid point. Temper glass should be better. Get one with smooth edges though.

lildoggs

Jul 16, 2009
New York
I have a tempered glass screen protector that I bought on ebay for about 8 dollars. About 2 months ago, and it looks great on the phone. Doesn't compromise the looks of the screen and doesn't scuff up when I use the pen.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xxjack3dxx

Sep 13, 2012
WOW... I have been using one for 2 months now... never scratched it. PLUS you can get a new one for the price of shipping from them as they are lifetime.

I recommend a screen protector with ALL S view cases. they tend cut into the screen at mid point. Temper glass should be better. Get one with smooth edges though.

I got marks of S-pen. Guys what so you think about the Ishieldz screen protector

SladeZero

Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
I have the same screen cover and I have no such issue. Screen is as flawless as when I got my screen cover.

Alot of ppl with the scovers have been complaining about the screen getting a press line in it from the bottom of the sview window.

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
I have always used screen protectors. The one I used on my last 2 devices (including my N3) is Ghost Armor. A bit pricey, but they have a lifetime warranty

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
i have seen many customer bringing in multiple devices scratched. it almost always happens in situations you least expect. i had a construction worker come in. phone was beat to death and the screen was perfect yet a lady came in after bumping her phone on the side of her car and scratching it bad so you just never know. i got a zagg glass on mine and its awesome. feels just like the screen. why take the chance.

apallohadas

Sep 4, 2010
i have seen many customer bringing in multiple devices scratched. it almost always happens in situations you least expect. i had a construction worker come in. phone was beat to death and the screen was perfect yet a lady came in after bumping her phone on the side of her car and scratching it bad so you just never know. i got a zagg glass on mine and its awesome. feels just like the screen. why take the chance.

Yup.

Why risk a 6-700 dollar device?

slidesear

Jan 20, 2011
I am careful with my phone and haven't noticed any scratches.

As for the s-pen leaving marks, you could try using a a different tip. Your Note 3 should have come with extra tips, if you look closely they are different.

bckrupps

Sep 24, 2010
I am careful with my phone and haven't noticed any scratches.

As for the s-pen leaving marks, you could try using a a different tip. Your Note 3 should have come with extra tips, if you look closely they are different.

i guess the screen protector allows you also to not have to worry about being careful all the time lol