Invalid Version info in HBOOT

Search This thread

tw10

Dec 15, 2014
yep you should do that if you were s-off. while s-on you can't downgrade.

firmware would be the same as bios... that's the idea. but in fact it is much more.
a firm comes from otas which typically contains those partitions:
- bootloader
- radio
- recovery
- boot
- system

the firms posted around contains the two first partitions.

what you could try is flash the stock recovery, and a stock boot & system image and wait to see if an ota is coming.

EDIT : or while stock pay 25$ to s-off. and then you could flash whatever firm you want. by the way you seem to only need a radio.img (this is one which is invalid

great info mate, thanks;)

but where can I get the radio.img and OpenDSP.img alone. Also, I didn't quite understand the following "or while stock pay 25$ to s-off."

Last edited:

pagoweb

Oct 27, 2008
HTC One (M8)
OnePlus 6
great info mate, thanks;) but where can I get the radio.img and OpenDSP.img alone.
in OTA.zip from your carrier that's been posted somewhere, or by waiting for OTA with stock recovery / boot / system images.
that's the hard part.

Also, I didn't quite understand the following "or while stock pay 25$ to s-off."
just meant when you boot into stock rom. use sunshine to s-off and pay if it says your device is compatible... it is worth it. sunshine needs stock (or close to) stock roms to succeed its hack. don't update befor sunshine (as the exploit sunshine uses have been patched in the latest updates from htc). that's all.

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida

but where can I get the radio.img and OpenDSP.img alone. Also, I didn't quite understand the following "or while stock pay 25$ to s-off."

So your still pretty much on my post 27 ... find the firmware or the OTA.zip
I'm guessing just the radio will not fix your problem

The firmware / stock recovery and radio are all in this zip
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23622183712461258

download that and remove the firmware.zip from it to your fastboot folder
then to flash it

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip
fastboot flash zip firmware.zip <2 times if it ask to flush the image again>
fastboot reboot

Last edited:
Reactions: pagoweb and tw10

tw10

Dec 15, 2014
in OTA.zip from your carrier that's been posted somewhere, or by waiting for OTA with stock recovery / boot / system images.
that's the hard part.

just meant when you boot into stock rom. use sunshine to s-off and pay if it says your device is compatible... it is worth it. sunshine needs stock (or close to) stock roms to succeed its hack. don't update befor sunshine (as the exploit sunshine uses have been patched in the latest updates from htc). that's all.

"that's the hard part" ;) ohhhh yeah, now I can understand the frustration everyone has :cyclops:

tw10

Dec 15, 2014

then to flash it

fastboot oem rebootRUU
fastboot reboot

seeing I need the warranty back, I believe I'll need to flash the firmware in the following order...PLEASE correct me if wrong:

1. Achieve S-OFF status using Sunshine
2. Flash the Firmware( I take it this also returns the phone to Stock recovery?(these terms always confuse me..Firmware/Stock-Recovery))
3. Re-lock the Boot-loader

Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
seeing I need the warranty back, I believe I'll need to flash the firmware in the following order...PLEASE correct me if wrong:

2. Flash the Firmware( I take it this also returns the phone to Stock recovery?(these terms always confuse me..Firmware/Stock-Recovery))

what warranty ? flashing the firmware should fix your phone ... done

Edit sorry forgot you had a blown speaker

yes you'll need s-off to get rid of the tampered and return your phone to Locked / not relocked

You can use the super guide here to get back to stock
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2541082

Last edited:
Reactions: tw10

tw10

Dec 15, 2014

yes you'll need s-off to get rid of the tampered and return your phone to Locked / not relocked

copied firmware.zip to adb folder, fastboot.exe is also there

adb devices =
"xxxxxxxxxxxx device"

so it's recognized.

when I enter: fastboot oem rebootRUU
it stays at "waiting for device"

any idea why.....Should I be in the bootloader during this process?

btw...I am now S-OFF (used sunshine) and the RADIO and OpenDSP is now showing up again without doing the firmware stuff. So what do I need now to get it back to "warranty status", TWRP is still installed etc... SORRY Guys!
here: an image of the most recent bootloader

Attachments

• i557rot.jpg
    i557rot.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
copied firmware.zip to adb folder, fastboot.exe is also there

adb devices =
"xxxxxxxxxxxx device"

so it's recognized.

when I enter: fastboot oem rebootRUU
it stays at "waiting for device"

any idea why.....Should I be in the bootloader during this process?

btw...I am now S-OFF (used sunshine) and the RADIO and OpenDSP is now showing up again without doing the firmware stuff. So what do I need now to get it back to "warranty status", TWRP is still installed etc... SORRY Guys!
here: an image of the most recent bootloader

Yes the phone must be connected to the PC, and the bootloader must say fastboot USB when you enter fastboot commands

seems you still need to remove the Tempered and set the phone from unlocked to locked ..then flash the RUU

Last edited:

tw10

Dec 15, 2014
Yes the phone must be connected to the PC, and the bootloader must say fastboot USB when you enter fastboot commands

seems you still need to remove the Tempered and set the phone from unlocked to locked ..then flash the RUU

ok, seems I got right now and updated the system via normal update to AD 4.4.4 and htc 3.32.111.9
2 Questions:

1. should I manually uninstall superSU and TWRP before sending to htc, I don't know how strict they are on their conditions?
2. out of interest...why did you roll back to 4.4.3 and sense 5.5

New image of bootloader attached...is this as it should be now?

thanks

Attachments

• s-off.jpg
    s-off.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 176
  • s-off-111-9.jpg
    s-off-111-9.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
ok, seems I got right now and updated the system via normal update to AD 4.4.4 and htc 3.32.111.9
2 Questions:

1. should I manually uninstall superSU and TWRP before sending to htc, I don't know how strict they are on their conditions?
2. out of interest...why did you roll back to 4.4.3 and sense 5.5

New image of bootloader attached...is this as it should be now?

thanks

Yes your good

My signature is referring to my M7, I had a lot of battery drain issues with sense 6

My DE M8 is currently Stock waiting on the Lollipop for sense

tw10

Dec 15, 2014
Yes your good

My signature is referring to my M7, I had a lot of battery drain issues with sense 6

My DE M8 is currently Stock waiting on the Lollipop for sense

when I get mine back, I'll be going lollipop too :)
thanks for your help man

Last edited:

tw10

Dec 15, 2014
you just uninstall supersu from the os
and as the last step flash stock recovery from the OTA you have
you flash it the same as you did TWRP

hmmm...so many old ways to uninstall SuperSU, but which is the correct one that also removes twrp. I can't boot into twrp recovery anymore?

well it seems I can't do that now, as the software has updated twice from flashed firmware 2.23.111.3 > 3.32.111.3 and again today > 3.32.111.9.
I don't believe that's available anywhere at the mo. Do I have to wait for the new one or can I downgrade to the available 3.32.111

clsA

Aug 28, 2010
Central Florida
hmmm...so many old ways to uninstall SuperSU, but which is the correct one that also removes twrp. I can't boot into twrp recovery anymore?

well it seems I can't do that now, as the software has updated twice from flashed firmware 2.23.111.3 > 3.32.111.3 and again today > 3.32.111.9.
I don't believe that's available anywhere at the mo. Do I have to wait for the new one or can I downgrade to the available 3.32.111

if you took OTA updates just send it off for repair

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

then to flash it

fastboot oem rebootRUU
    fastboot reboot
    Hi,

Having gone into hboot for the first time i notice that both radio and OpenDSP have "INVALID-VER-INFO" beside them.

Is this correct on an unmodified phone.

I've done a quick search but couldnt find anything.

I have hboot version 3.16.0.000
    Same here i am rooted and using TWRP recovery also have the invalid message like the OP so is this normal or something gone wrong somewhere ?

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=54669689&postcount=11
    hi guys,
    first off, thanks to everyone contributing to this forum, I've been able to find some truly useful help in here:)

Has anyone found a solution to this thread? My m8 has just changed for no apparent reason to "invalid-ver-info". I don't know how important the RADIO AND OpenDSP info is when it comes to un/re-rooting.
    As it happens, I did take a photo of this info the day before it happened with my M7 ..will that be of any use to me?

Also, what information from the boot or software info, should NOT be shown on the internet E.G due to privacy/security reasons.

Thanks
    TW

you can post fastboot getvar all (minus your Serial no. and IMEI)
    nothing on the bootloader is secret