[GUIDE] how to root, flash recovery, flash rom-ALL IN ONE!! For xolo q700i

Search This thread

thecoolster

Feb 10, 2014
Johannesburg
Hey guys....... So many newbies don't know the procedures to root, flash recovery, flash custom roms....
Well this guide will help them to get all the information in one place....

So let's get started:
ROOT:

download a app called framaroot which is a one click root process...
The app will be found here:

http://xdaforums.com/apps/framaroot/root-framaroot-one-click-apk-to-root-t2130276
The procedure and the app will be provided

Reboot your device..

FLASHING A CUSTOM RECOVERY :

Step 1 :
once you have got root access download mobile uncle tools

Here is the link:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2697236

Step 2 :

Pls download the specified recovery you want to flash . it should be compatible with your device... (you might want to download es file Explorer for managing your files easily)

Step 3:
Now open mobile uncle tools and go to recovery update and then choose it recovery. img

Step 4:
it will tell you to reboot your phone and then you are done with flashing the recovery... U can also flash it using so flash tools using the computer..

Step 5:
Now after rebooting your phone just power it off and press and hold volume up and power button(different for different devices for my xolo q700i this Is the procedure)

Step 6:
U will now boot into recovery mode.... And it specific recovery will be displayed..... Just reboot ur phone using recovery mode (I hope u can do that atleast:p:D)

HOW TO FLASH CUSTOM ROMS:

Step 1:
Download the custom rom for ur device....

Step 2:
Place the file in the download directory of your SD cards... (u can use es file Explorer)
It will mostly be placed there automatically

Step 3:
now boot into recovery(I have explained before how to do that)

Now follow the instructions told to you by the person who added the rom for your device(usually it is wipe dalvik cache and factory reset) then just go to select zip option..

Step 4:
Now browse to the specific directory where u have placed the zip file and click on the zip file and then click on yes...

Step 5:

wow u have flashed a new rom!!!

Thanks for reading this....!! Please thank me if this was helpful!!! I won't be responsible for dead SD cards bricked devices or thermonuclear war........ Don't be rude if something bad happens... I will be there to help you

To help you understand better I will be posting screenies..!!!

If u have any doubts pls just feel free to ask and if u want I will post more screenies

Pls don't make copies of this thread without my permission.....

Sent from my MIND using my BODY....(JUST KIDDING)

Attachments

• 1403435499389.jpg
    1403435499389.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited: