[Q] Motorola RAZR HD XT925 LTE Frequencies

Search This thread

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
Hey Guys,

I have a Motorola RAZR HD XT925 which was sourced from Rogers Canada. I was wondering how I can check the devices LTE frequencies? Is there any engineering code and/or menu that would assist with this? This device apparently supports LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 or LTE 700 / 800 / 1700 / 1800 / 2600 according to GSM Arena. I am wanting to use the LTE 1800MHz frequency in Australia, though cannot get it to connect.

I have tried the following:
  • Searching for networks manually / letting the device select them automatically
  • Toggling between 3G only and Automatic (4G/3G/2G)
  • I definitely have the correct APN settings configured (for Telstra in Australia)
  • Data is enabled, the SIM card connects to 4G in another mobile
Any assistance would be appreciated, in finding out which LTE network frequencies this device supports.

DukeL

Mar 27, 2010
Hey Guys,

I have a Motorola RAZR HD XT925 which was sourced from Rogers Canada. I was wondering how I can check the devices LTE frequencies? Is there any engineering code and/or menu that would assist with this? This device apparently supports LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600 or LTE 700 / 800 / 1700 / 1800 / 2600 according to GSM Arena. I am wanting to use the LTE 1800MHz frequency in Australia, though cannot get it to connect.

• Searching for networks manually / letting the device select them automatically
  • I definitely have the correct APN settings configured (for Telstra in Australia)
Any assistance would be appreciated, in finding out which LTE network frequencies this device supports.

Do not rely on GSM Arena those guys are rookies.

The Rogers RAZR HD has LTE 700/1700/2100 via the rogers website.

Reactions: MarrkDaviid

EdwardN

Jan 31, 2008
Hey Guys,

XT925: (international)

Secondary Cellular Networks: LTE700 (B17), LTE1700/2100 (B4), LTE1800 (B3), LTE2600 (B7), LTE800 (B20)

From what I've read, B3 is Australia's LTE band, so it is supported, but it might be turned off in roger's radio.

Have you tried installing the firmware for Telstra? It's available here: http://sbf.droid-developers.org/van...25_A045_WIG149790_Service1FF_fastboot.xml.zip from this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943879 Maybe switching to your provider's firmware will fix the LTE issue.

pandabear

Oct 7, 2006
Hi

Can you please provide an update. Did you manage to flash the Testra fw and latch in to the LTE 1800 band?

Coz i would like to buy a phone and do the same thing as you. I would not buy if you did not suceed.

PantsDownJedi

Oct 30, 2011
Hey Guys,

Hi. This is a good source here in Australia. Hopefully is updated and current. http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/mobile_phone_frequencies
Note, however, that LTE is really new here and not yet well implemented. I live in Sydney, but I'm outside of the LTE network at home. I'd have to travel closer to the business district to get it. I think its implemented around the airport as well. LTE is still a work in progress and Telstra is ahead of the game with the other telcos, but you're going to want to be able to connect to their "Next G" or 3.5 G to fallback on otherwise youre going to get 2G.

In any case, you want to make sure your APN settings are correct as well. There is loads of misinformation about that. You can have Telstra set them for you (or at least it worked on my Galaxy S2, haven't tried with this phone since I got it from their store). Try this link and see if it the correct one: http://www.configure.telstra.com.au/telstra/index.jsp
On my Galaxy S2, I had read lots of documentation and had things working but found that after going through a Telstra automated thing (I think the above link), that it set my APNs for me and I ended up with better speed and signal.

Just found this from their site as well concerning their 4G and 3G frequencies: http://www.telstra.com.au/mobile-phones/coverage-networks/networks/

The 2100 frequency on their 3G or NextG (3.5G) may have been turned off at this point; I don't remember. They may still be using it for legacy phones and people on bring your own phone plans but I beleive they had wanted to either shut it down or sell it to another carrier. I don't recall that my SGS2 got 850 ... I just noticed there's tabs on the Telstra page that explains their coverage. Click on them and that's more accurate than what I just typed :p

I suspect your problem is that you may not be in an LTE covered area. Either that or its your APN settings. Let us know how it goes.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't read your post properly that the SIM works in another device. If it isn't your APN settings, you can take it to a Telstra store and ask them if they know what the problem is. On occasion they do know what their talking about. You can point them at this web page if need be and it might encourage them to look a little deeper:
http://www.morecellphone.com/compar...d-xt925-vs-motorola-droid-razr-hd-xt926/39060

[

Last edited:

MarrkDaviid

Mar 30, 2011
Brisbane
Can you please provide an update. Did you manage to flash the Testra fw and latch in to the LTE 1800 band?

I no longer have this device, and unfortunately never tried flashing the Telstra firmware on the device.

you can take it to a Telstra store and ask them if they know what the problem is. On occasion they do know what their talking about.

The device that I had was sourced from Rogers Canada, and didn't support LTE 1800MHz out of the box. They wouldn't have been able to help.

The 2100 frequency on their 3G or NextG (3.5G) may have been turned off at this point; I don't remember. They may still be using it for legacy phones and people on bring your own phone plans but I beleive they had wanted to either shut it down or sell it to another carrier.

Telstra's 3G 2100MHz network was part of 3GIS, an agreement between Telstra and VHA, which ended on August 31st. Telstra still uses the 3G 2100MHz network frequency, it is actually part of their Next G network now, they however do not advertise this, as very few sites are still using this network frequency, and it is far more important to have a device that supports 3G 850MHz. Telstra lost quite a few 3G 2100MHz sites when 3GIS closed, although all of the areas would have had 3G 850MHz anyhow, so it was not really a big deal.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys,

Do not rely on GSM Arena those guys are rookies.

The Rogers RAZR HD has LTE 700/1700/2100 via the rogers website.