Is N2 worth it?

Search This thread

the_ahmadzais

Jul 11, 2010
I don't believe it. Some one got ripped off..

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Ok there? As I said I work at cellphone store the phone was new sealed and retail we sell for 649.99$ plus taxes and she was buying one for 649.99 outright since we don't have contract. She bought mine Instead. Us and Canada prices are different.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

cobraboy85

Aug 25, 2011
Ok there? As I said I work at cellphone store the phone was new sealed and retail we sell for 649.99$ plus taxes and she was buying one for 649.99 outright since we don't have contract. She bought mine Instead. Us and Canada prices are different.

You sold a used galaxy s III to somebody for 649 at your store? Typical salesman move. Lol

Sorry, but you duped her. Hope you feel good about yourself. You can get a used s III for 350

Reactions: bipoler

distortedloop

Feb 14, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
I've had a dozen smartphones. Every model of the iPhone up to the iP4, a Nexus 1, Nexus S, Droid Charge, Thunderbolt, Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S, Galaxy S 2, Galaxy S 3, HTC One X, even a Nexus 7.

The NOTE 2 is by far the best device I've ever owned.

My only regret was getting it on T-Mobile. "The little network that just quite couldn't..." Wonderfully fast speeds if I'm outdoors, but no signal at all if I go into any kind of large building or mall. Very disappointed in the network, but not the device.

My advice, get a Note 2, but go for VZW or AT&T, unless you don't care about getting a signal. :(

shinkinrui

Oct 8, 2009
Well I guess if there was no deception involved its just as much her fault. Just hope you made it clear to her that it was a used phone with no warranty.

Still, what a ripoff lol.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
Maybe the OP shouldnt have mentioned pricing so the thread couldve kept on topic. I'm wondering the same and am about to buy one tonight. I hope I dont have regrets as most of you. Currently have an S3.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 2

2ruen0

Jan 21, 2013
I'm selling my s3 for $640 this week and wants to get a new phone not sure to wait for xperia z or note 2. Has anybody switched from s3 to note 2? Big difference?

Would you like to buy my GN2 so I can buy an iPhone 5? While i could be so in love with this phone, smashing won't let me because the capacitive hardware buttons are always getting triggered accidentally when i type (especially in portrait mode, frequently in landscape me)

Sure i can change how wi hold my phone, but i promise you it will be robbed from me if i do, especially on the subway.

Second, that wacom pen is sweet, but you know my hands are really too big for it (make it taller). I also can't configure the button to do things like long tap or androids equivalent to right click... Sorry samsung, but if i literally wanted to cut and paste using a stylus, why not just give me a contextual menu.

Third, i nearly wasted a ****load of money on trying to recover my phone back to factory after using a really nice but incompatible ROM that rendered my mobile radio useless. Cool for what its worth but jail breaking iOS was never that fragile.

I want to love android and my note 2 but to do that i need to have a custom ROM, its simply not enough to be rooted. I know i shouldn't let one bad rom'ing experience put me down but its about where my money is going. For the sake of the post however, i don't understand why you need to upgrade your s3, besides the spen its the same hardware and i can't understand why multi window isn't being made for support on the s3 (unless someone has already made a ROM that does?)

funktron

May 12, 2011
That is a great story, lol. What's nice is that even though you got yours for free, I am not even jealous. Any other phone and I'd be like WTF who I gotta get cozy with for that? But not with this guy. Welcome to Note 2 goodness, my brother. :D

Hell I'd pay even more than what I did for this phone, as I feel it has more capability, variety of function and plain old stone cold balls than any made before it.

Just wait... iPhone 7 - now with Quill, an amazing new idea from Apple where they integrate wacom digitizer tablet tech into the screen itself so your Apple Plume pen strokes are true, lifelike and make your grandma fart rainbows.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

In all seriousness, though, building a digitizer into the screen was a masterstroke of sheer genius. This thing doesn't need S-Pen to be one of the best smartphones out there. Without the pen, it still would be a monster with just touch.

But with the pen and the digitizer, it really becomes the closest thing to a handheld desktop computer. Taking handwritten notes on this is beyond awesome. The pen and screen tech make your strokes all look real. And using the pen to navigate the Android interface and Swype is a revelation. Both modes of interface are fluid and responsive and just plan awesome.

the_ahmadzais

Jul 11, 2010
Well I guess if there was no deception involved its just as much her fault. Just hope you made it clear to her that it was a used phone with no warranty.

Still, what a ripoff lol.

ok lol? let me explain this better again. i have a white s3 and at my work for christmas i won a brand new sealed s3 (blue) with 1 year warranty. now i work at cellphone company that there is no contract you buy the s3 at $649 outright. i already have the white s3 which im giving it to my wife. so customer few days ago walked in to buy s3 outright at $649 plus tax which comes to $727.98 which we dont have in stock so i sold her mine at $620 including tax with samsung blue flip case that i wasnt using and car charger and car bluetooth that i wasnt using at all.

JOSE89178

Jul 12, 2012
Nevada
I love my Note II. I've had the GSIII, iPhone 5, & Nexus 4. I usually get 10 - 20 hours of heavy usage (Pandora, Facebook, Email Pushed, Playing Games, W/ 4G on). If I disable data and just use for talk & text I get 2 day usage. With other phones my battery would only last 6-10 with light usage. I do have to ad mint the Note II is a little big for one had use and to fit in your pocket. But you get used to it after a few days. Only thing is dislike is the phone charges super SLOW. Other then that its a great phone. I still use my iP5 a few times a day.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

shinkinrui

Oct 8, 2009
ok lol? let me explain this better again. i have a white s3 and at my work for christmas i won a brand new sealed s3 (blue) with 1 year warranty. now i work at cellphone company that there is no contract you buy the s3 at $649 outright. i already have the white s3 which im giving it to my wife. so customer few days ago walked in to buy s3 outright at $649 plus tax which comes to $727.98 which we dont have in stock so i sold her mine at $620 including tax with samsung blue flip case that i wasnt using and car charger and car bluetooth that i wasnt using at all.

Ohhh, so the phone that you sold her was unopened. Okay then, my mistake. No ripping off involved. It was pretty hard to tell what you meant in your previous posts with the run-on sentences.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

the_ahmadzais

Jul 11, 2010
Ohhh, so the phone that you sold her was unopened. Okay then, my mistake. No ripping off involved. It was pretty hard to tell what you meant in your previous posts with the run-on sentences.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Ya English is not my 1st language. So sometimes I read over the text dont makes sense. And I got the note 2 it is truly a beast.

Sent from my SGH-T889V using xda app-developers app

boodies

Mar 3, 2010
175859-main-large-the-samsung-galaxy-note-ii-1.jpg

10 straight weeks baby. http://www.phonedog.com/2013/02/06/samsung-galaxy-note-ii-continues-winning/

Reactions: glensta

jaekidd1012

Nov 27, 2007
New York, NY
I don't think this question can be objectively answered as it depends on the needs/wants of the individual. That all being said, I do believe that the Galaxy Note II is worthwhile if you can reconcile with the cost (assuming you're buying it at regular retail price).

A L3G3ND4RY Galaxy [SGH-T889 Galaxy Note II]

Onemoa

Oct 1, 2010
Ewa Beach
The Note 2 will be the best device up until the Note 3 comes out at the end of this year.

Like I said before. Go check one out play with it for a bit. The screen is amazing, it's got all the power you could ever use and the battery will last more then a day with heavy usage. I get about 6 hours of on screen time(txting, watching videos, surfing the Web), about an hour of music and a hour of calls and I'm still able to leave my phone on all night and charge it when I get around to it the next day. That's my average usage well it is now that I got my Note 2.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I don't think this question can be objectively answered as it depends on the needs/wants of the individual. That all being said, I do believe that the Galaxy Note II is worthwhile if you can reconcile with the cost (assuming you're buying it at regular retail price).

A L3G3ND4RY Galaxy [SGH-T889 Galaxy Note II]

I agree it depends on what you need. I have the s3 and note 2 and find my s3 fits the bill more as it's easier to use And don't really need the features of the spen And multiview. After using derkernel it's actually much faster now than the note2 which is 1 reason I wanted to keep the note 2 over the s3. But stock for stock note 2 performs better if you can deal with it's size.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Who the hell would buy a an s3 for 640....it retails for 549!

I'm selling my s3 for $640 this week and wants to get a new phone not sure to wait for xperia z or note 2. Has anybody switched from s3 to note 2? Big difference?

Xperia z= no spen, no multi Window, scratch prone and untested. This is a no brainer. I can almost guarantee 99% of the people on here will agree that the note 2 is the best phone they have ever owned.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Who the hell would buy a an s3 for 640....it retails for 549!

hahahah... honestly read the OP, and skimmed through all the other posts in confusion and disorientation as the thought of somebody paying 650 for an s3 was eating my brainzz

had an s3 before the note 2, here are my thoughts:

s3 is a good device, but performance-wise, note 2 blows the doors off it. throw out everything you have been told about "better CPU architecture, blah blah the qualcomm chips blah blah..." the quad core exynos ****s all over the dual core s4 qualcomm chip. this is evident while playing extremely cpu taxing games, UI transitioning, HD live wallpapers, and media playback and multitasking.

screen and overall size - i was worried the note 2 would be too big. not the case for me after owning and handling it day to day. rather, all other devices just feel small now. the note 2 does not feel too big, does not burden me to use because of it's size. i find the extra screen size very convenient actually. small screens are for Iphone users and people with sissy hands.

camera is nicer. takes nicer videos. likely due to the higher processing capability - it probably shoots and processes just a little better than the s3's twin cpus are able.

media playback and overall performance - somebody mentioned something about the note being the best device they have ever owned. i would say that's about right.

if you have the means to get rid of your s3, to get a note 2, by all means do it. you will not regret it. i sold mine right before christmas (probably the best time to do so i figured, as people would be seething for gifts and looking to spend as much money as needed) and got 400 for it... it was in damn near perfect condition and just a few months old.... good luck getting the amount you are asking lol... but hey shoot for the stars, the moon ain't bad either.
    IKR, I had saved few$ and was gonna sell S3 and buy on craigslist for $600 but I got real lucky. Streets of Detroit lol I was talking to a guy in a clinic were i just sold my S3 a few mins before. so this guy asked why I sold a good phone like that. I told him I was saving to get the Note 2. He said no **** I just bought 3 but my wife don't like it. I was like no kidding how much you want for it? He said give me $400 cash right now and its yours. He said he just wanted to get his $ back and make $100. So I jumped on that **** lol. Then gave him a big bro hug lmao.

I would be concerned this guy is gonna report it as stollen get a new Note 2 from insurance company and have your imei blocked giving you a $400 paper weight, I hope for your sake I am just to cynacal for my own good, and that you just got a great deal, but I always think if a deal seems too good to be true it usually is.