[Q] Wrong data partition size

Search This thread

csmik

Jan 27, 2014
Hey guys!

I'm coming to you at the end of a loooong way after trying to upgrade to KitKat.

I started the upgrade to 4.4, on the go, and quite confident. What a mistake ...
The upgrade failed, and my device got bricked. Fortunately, I had the recovery partition. Unfortunately, I destroyed the recovery partition by mistake...
I finally succeed to fix the things, but I have no idea how exactly I did it (I just tried the things as they were coming, messing around with partitions and switching from tutorial to tutorial),
Anyway, I made it.

This was 2 months ago ... then time passed, and today I got a message "no space left on device". Hm, weird. I check and oh damn, my SD card only had 5GB on it ...!!

It looks like I've loaded the *GB version partition scheme at some point ... or just wrongly formatted the partitions ... or I don't know.
I've tried to check using fdisk, but it doesn't help me much.

I also tried some tools like "Partition table" but I still can't find the missing 10GB. it seems like they're just unpartitioned, but not even recognised as it ...

Did anyone ever had this issue? Any process to fix it? Or at least any way to rollback to the original partition scheme.

Many thanks!
Best,

albundy2010

Sep 24, 2010
Stop messing with all this crap.

Get the factory images.

Put the phone into fastboot mode and connect to the computer

Your computer needs to have a working fastboot set up. If not fix it.

Run the flash all script include in the factory images. It's the. Bat on Windows and. Sh on osx / Linux.

It fully wipes the phone. Everything gets wiped and flashes the stock images.

If you have anything on the internal storage you want to keep you can remove the - w line from that script and it won't wipe it.

When done you a stock phone with a unlocked bootloader. From there do what you want.. Either run stock. Flash a custom recovery and root or rom etc.

arffrhn

Mar 12, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Or just use stock recovery and factory reset. It fix the storage size problem for me. You'll lose everything on your internal though, so make a backup of your pic/music/anything you think important in your phone.

csmik

Jan 27, 2014
**** it seems like the post subscription didn't work, I've just seen your replies.

Thanks guys, it seems like the right way to do it.
I'll try to do it tonight and let you know the progress.

Cheers!