[APP] New Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Buttons

Search This thread

B1663R

Jul 21, 2012
Blimps

Found this in an article on XDA and loved it. Recently i was having issues (newest version) with my nexus 5 not answering phone calls (black screen and never would get the dialer with options) and after some testing and removing Blimps it returned to normal. I am not sure if it was the sensor or not but I did enjoy being able to multitask and close out calls/speaker phone until this issue occurred. Any suggestions?

nbogan1

May 17, 2011
Baton Rouge
Cool App! My only feature request would be for the number pad! There are many times where I'm on a call and multitasking and then have to enter in a number which requires going back to the phone app

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
Hi Guys ,

Thanks for the feedback

Found this in an article on XDA and loved it. Recently i was having issues (newest version) with my nexus 5 not answering phone calls (black screen and never would get the dialer with options) and after some testing and removing Blimps it returned to normal. I am not sure if it was the sensor or not but I did enjoy being able to multitask and close out calls/speaker phone until this issue occurred. Any suggestions?

First time i heard about it, could you tell me pls (so i'll try to reconstruct it) :
- your OS version ?
- using 3rd party launcher ?
- did it happen one time or all the times ?

Thanks

Cool App! My only feature request would be for the number pad! There are many times where I'm on a call and multitasking and then have to enter in a number which requires going back to the phone app

This features is being under development, for next version (good thought :good: )

landstander

Nov 2, 2009
KC metro area

For what it's worth, I experienced what appears to be the same issue about 2 weeks ago. It went away (and hasn't returned thus far) after rebooting my phone, however, so I can't really say if it was related to Blimps or caused by something else.

This was on a Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 stock (since upgraded to 4.4.3).

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

First time i heard about it, could you tell me pls (so i'll try to reconstruct it) :
- your OS version ?
- using 3rd party launcher ?
- did it happen one time or all the times ?

I experienced this under 4.4.2 (stock), with a Nexus 5. I do use a 3rd party launcher (Apex). Once the issue began, it affected all incoming calls until I rebooted the device... haven't encountered it since.

Reactions: B1663R

B1663R

Jul 21, 2012
Curly,

- your OS version ? Nexus 5 4.4.2 Stock - Rooted - Xposed/Viper4android really only two file changes I am aware of
- using 3rd party launcher ? I have many but stay with Stock GEL and do use Cover lockscreen
- did it happen one time or all the times ? i really noticed about a week ago but every call i received was a black screen and power would end calls when i manually turned the screen on.

I did just update to 4.4.3 so let me try it again and get you some feedback.

Thanks for responding and nice work on this its really nice..

For what it's worth, I experienced what appears to be the same issue about 2 weeks ago. It went away (and hasn't returned thus far) after rebooting my phone, however, so I can't really say if it was related to Blimps or caused by something else.

This was on a Nexus 5 running 4.4.2 stock (since upgraded to 4.4.3).

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

I experienced this under 4.4.2 (stock), with a Nexus 5. I do use a 3rd party launcher (Apex). Once the issue began, it affected all incoming calls until I rebooted the device... haven't encountered it since.

larryatapproved

May 4, 2009
Installed app, opened, but it doesn't ask for permission to draw over other apps, which seems necessary for it to work, so it never shows up. Nexus 6P, 7.1

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
Installed app, opened, but it doesn't ask for permission to draw over other apps, which seems necessary for it to work, so it never shows up. Nexus 6P, 7.1

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, that's a good point.
I haven't tested it on N6P or on 7.1.
Ill check why is it not automatically asks it upon installation and update the thread or the app ;)

Meantime it can be done manually via:
Settings ->Apps -> Configure Apps -> Draw over other apps -> Blimps

Thanks

larryatapproved

May 4, 2009
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback, that's a good point.
I haven't tested it on N6P or on 7.1.
Ill check why is it not automatically asks it upon installation and update the thread or the app ;)

Meantime it can be done manually via:
Settings ->Apps -> Configure Apps -> Draw over other apps -> Blimps

Thanks
My bad. It actually had permission without asking. I didn't realize you had to actually be in a phone call for the app to open. I thought it would open any time
the phone app was open. Works great! Thank you!

priprema

Feb 9, 2008
Hi,
Blimps icons are layered on top of each other with very small gap, on the right side, so you cannot acces them, except the top one of course.. Maybe an issue with Samsung Touchwiz (A5, 6.1.1.)

Orange1972

Dec 24, 2013
Blimps icons are layered

Hi,
Blimps icons are layered on top of each other with very small gap, on the right side, so you cannot access them, except the top one of course.. Maybe an issue with Samsung Touchwiz (A5, 6.1.1.)

I have the same layering issue on OP3 running Oxygen OS Beta 20.

view

jimbob_sf

Jul 16, 2010
San Rafael, CA
Awesome app! I've wanted this for 2 years.

On HTC U11, US, Magisk ViperU 1.5 and stock disler:

The keypad button doesn't activate the dialer screen. The stock soft button does work.

Enhancement request:
My phone has an active BT connection to my Gear S3 watch. If I want to make a call, Blimps sees an active BT connection already. What would be great is defining the default BT connection for calls and the Blimps BT button would sense its not active and switch BT connection. At the end of the call, it would ask to reactivate the prior connection.

tiniwings

Mar 3, 2012
OnePlus 8
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback.
It might be related to the screen pixel density of those devices.
i'll dive into it further and update during the weekend .

Curly Y.

I have the same Issue on Samsung S7 (7.0).
Really like the Idea, I am actually looking for an app to show my microphone status (muted or not) on notification area. I think this app will covers the requirement some extinct.
Thank for sharing it.

favoinomail

Oct 30, 2007
Thanks for your efforts - I do love Blimps
Unfortunately, it crashes on my ASUS Zenfone 2 whilst it runs smoothly on my LG G3.

Maybe this relates to Zenfone still running on Lollipop?
That being the case, any chance to grab the older version of the APK?

CurlyY

Mar 2, 2011
www.curlyygroup.com
I have the same layering issue on OP3 running Oxygen OS Beta 20.

view

Hi Guys,

After diving into it, this behavior was indeed originated due to the difference of devices resolution.
After banging my head i understood it is a lost battle to cover all.
So i made few default adjustments and added the option to manually adjust the gaps between blimps in case it was not covered.

I just uploaded the latest version to the Play store.

Feedback makes it perfect , dont stop :)

Thanks,
CurlyY

Reactions: Renegade1504

Orange1972

Dec 24, 2013
Hi Guys,

After diving into it, this behavior was indeed originated due to the difference of devices resolution.
After banging my head i understood it is a lost battle to cover all.
So i made few default adjustments and added the option to manually adjust the gaps between blimps in case it was not covered.

I just uploaded the latest version to the Play store.

Feedback makes it perfect , dont stop :)

Thanks,
CurlyY

Just updated and the changes you made have corrected the layering ! Thanks for quick response and a great app! :good:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Blimps 2.0 - Floating Dialer Features

Hi all,

Its back and its 2.0 !
    With Blimps the dialer buttons floats on top of your screen and you can do whatever whenever while talking with someone.

New UI and new floating Buttons
    What's Floating:
    - Hide'em
    - End call
    - Loud Speaker
    - Mute
    - Quick Note
    - Dialer (might have 5 sec. delay after pressing the home button)

Features :
    - Compatible with Android 6.0.1+
    - Dynamic positioning on screen (hide mode)
    - Proximity enable/disable to prevent clicking mistakes

I often find myself doing something else with my phone while talking on it. like : SMS, chat, Mails...
    by doing something else i always send my dialer to the background and loosing the control of my call options (mute, speaker, hangup...)
    whenever i want to use my dialer options i need to stop what i was doing -> pull down the notification bar -> press the dialer -> use it (long time)
    well... NO MORE.

As you all know Android has many OS UIs (Touchwiz, LG UI....) so it hasn't been tested on every one of them.
    So if you can help me check Blimps on different UIs I'll appreciate your feedback.

Checkout short video:

Play store link : Blimps

changelog :

2.0 -
    - New UI
    - New Buttons

1.3 -
    - Visual loud speaker state
    - choosing the Blimps default position (Left / Right)
    - New Splash screen
    ** still working on the major version update with more buttons

We all waiting for a new update...can't wait!! please. Thanks.

hi,

Just now released a new version (1.3) with new modifications.

BTW -
    I'm working on a major update that will include more features (between projects...).
    hope this one will be OK for now ;)

again thanks for all feedback it helps allot :good:
    Thanks for this useful app :good:

Can u implement some features from Call Popout like grouping all the options under one movable head (like facebook chat head) and have more options like the call time, silence the ring, pick up, hang up... etc, as Call Popout development seems to be discontinued.
    Same happens on each phone I've tested. IR led keeps on after finishing a call outside the phone app UI, with the blimps end call button. Until I kill blimps process.

Released new version with a fix.
    updated in PLAY store and on thread 1st page

thanks for the feedback :good: