OTA 4.4.2 Available

Search This thread

MisterSprinkles

May 9, 2013
Westmoreland
I am S-Off with custom recovery. Flashed the stock-odexed ROM from santod, downloaded first update, pulled from /cache, removed assert lines from updater script. Sideload flashed in CWM without a hitch. Doing the same with the 2nd update now.

EDIT: Had to flash stock recovery to flash second part of the update.

Last edited:
Reactions: joshkoss

jrsoccer20

Jan 8, 2014
ota install isssues

I am trying to update to the new 4.4.2 on the DNA. I have s-off and clockwork mod installed. When the update downloads and reboots to install, clockworkmod will not allow it to install. Any way I can get this to work?

JinxtPhoto

Sep 9, 2010
I am trying to update to the new 4.4.2 on the DNA. I have s-off and clockwork mod installed. When the update downloads and reboots to install, clockworkmod will not allow it to install. Any way I can get this to work?

You have to be on stock recovery for it to auto install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

JinxtPhoto

Sep 9, 2010
That'll work. He must have replied while I was posting.

Last edited:

JinxtPhoto

Sep 9, 2010
So all I have to do is flash stock recovery and I can flash it? And still have s-off abd unlocked?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

So long as you're running the stock 3.06 Rom and have the stock 3.06 recovery, yes. I was unlocked and s-off before updating and I'm still unlocked and s-off. You lose root, but you can fastboot flash a custom recovery and install supersu again easily enough.

pcwizkid1994

Nov 16, 2012
Milton
So long as you're running the stock 3.06 Rom and have the stock 3.06 recovery, yes. I was unlocked and s-off before updating and I'm still unlocked and s-off. You lose root, but you can fastboot flash a custom recovery and install supersu again easily enough.

How is kitkat? Does it run nice?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

harrisam11

Mar 21, 2011
Tried downloading the second OTA for the 2nd time and I still get an error midway through. Would having VZ apps frozen/deleted possibly cause this?

JinxtPhoto

Sep 9, 2010
Having isssues with the phone not restarting from Rom manager. I try to install the zip file and it won't do anything.

Read the directions on that thread. You can't install stock recovery within a custom recovery.

*** Boot into Bootloader/Fastboot USB Mode ***
Step 1) fastboot oem rebootRUU
*** Wait for the device to reboot to a black screen with an HTC logo ***
Step 2) fastboot flash zip PL83IMG_#.##_Recovery.zip
*** When it says it is done in the terminal/cmdprompt execute the following ***
[The green bar only fills up about 75% of the way]
Step 3) fastboot reboot-bootloader

Top Liked Posts