S-OFF Situation with last Firmware & H-BOOT 1.57

Search This thread

Dacoco

Dec 8, 2010
Hey guys,

i'm sending my One to htc at the moment and i think i'll get it back in a couple of days with new camera module :) and a firmware update :(.
At the moment my HBOOT is 1.4x, the phone was S-OFF via revone and i reversed it back to stock yesterday.

Are there any safe possiblities to S-OFF a 1.57 HBOOT device WITHOUT using htcdev?

From what i've read recently
- Revone isn't supported with HBOOT 1.57
- Firewater can maybe S-OFF but needs HTCDEV unlock and maybe the Bootloader is TAMPERED after that
- Sunshine costs 25 USD !?

So is the conclusion correct that an unlock via htcdev is absolutely necessary to S-OFF atm?
Is it also correct that i can't get rid of the TAMPERED flag when Firewater fails?

Dacoco

Dec 8, 2010
That's right but from what i heard some devices can't be S-OFFed with Firewater. Then the device is TAMPERED and you can't get rid of that because S-OFF doesn't work!?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
That's right but from what i heard some devices can't be S-OFFed with Firewater. Then the device is TAMPERED and you can't get rid of that because S-OFF doesn't work!?

you cant get rid of the tampered flag full stop without s-off

sunshine does not require the bootloader to be unlocked, it does everything for you but like you said costs $25 however, it is a one off payment, after that you don't need to pay again to s-off the same device again.

all other s-off tools require the bootloader to be unlocked via HTC Dev.

if you are on HBOOT 1.56 or 1.57 and firewater fails then sunshine is the only way.

Dacoco

Dec 8, 2010
you cant get rid of the tampered flag full stop without s-off

sunshine does not require the bootloader to be unlocked, it does everything for you but like you said costs $25 however, it is a one off payment, after that you don't need to pay again to s-off the same device again.

all other s-off tools require the bootloader to be unlocked via HTC Dev.

if you are on HBOOT 1.56 or 1.57 and firewater fails then sunshine is the only way.

Okay, thank you very much for that!

Sorry for the question but can i install TWRP and flash ROMs via Recovery when just htcdev unlocked and S-ON? On the One X it was necessary to flash the boot.img from a pc. On the One this isn't necessary right?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Okay, thank you very much for that!

Sorry for the question but can i install TWRP and flash ROMs via Recovery when just htcdev unlocked and S-ON? On the One X it was necessary to flash the boot.img from a pc. On the One this isn't necessary right?

yes you can flash custom rom's whilst s-on as long as the bootloader is unlocked and also correct, no need to flash the boot.img separately.

Dacoco

Dec 8, 2010
Does someone know what devices will fail with firewater? Is it a change in the hardware maybe? My One is from May 2013 so i hope it may work.

There has to be a change between the devices with 1.57 that fail and the devices that work!?

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen
Does someone know what devices will fail with firewater? Is it a change in the hardware maybe? My One is from May 2013 so i hope it may work.

There has to be a change between the devices with 1.57 that fail and the devices that work!?

download emmc check from playstore onto your phone, if the number starts with 9001 it will fail.

nathlynn22

Apr 8, 2013
Dunno if it's different but when I s-offed and unlocked and rooted my HTC one max I used firewater and used temp root method which in turn s-offed and unlocked bootloader which can be done on our highest hboot. I don't no if it's different for you guys but it might not be such a major problem but when I sent my HTC one m7 back for repair when I had it I reverted back to stock and left s-off present they said nothing about it.

yatindroid

Sep 23, 2009
Jaipur
if you sent your phone back to HTC to get the camera repaired, they will probably replace the motherboard, if they do then firewater probably wont work, all you can do is try.
they just change camera module

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

download emmc check from playstore onto your phone, if the number starts with 9001 it will fail.
Link please

Seanie280672

Feb 27, 2012
Halesowen

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-08-26-04-49-16.png
    Screenshot_2014-08-26-04-49-16.png
    129.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited: