HTC EVO 4G LTE @ BestBuy

Search This thread

AngelofChaos

Aug 28, 2010
Winter Park, FL
I completely agree with your comments about living our of their means. I also agree that this country is messed up that way. I am a teacher in a high school just outside of Chicago, and while 80% of my students are on free or reduced lunch, 100% of them own a cell phone (and about 80% are smartphones from my estimation). I find this to be both disturbing and indicative of our messed up system.

Anyway, I just didn't feel that flaunting the insignificance of x dollar amount was real classy. Maybe it was to make a larger point, to me it came off as very smug. I don't care how rich you are, saving $50 if the option is present should mean something to you, in my opinion.

Sent from my PC36100 using XDA

Well my apologies for sounding smug. I do not consider myself rich in any way shape or form as I am within the middle class, such as yourself. I work a fulltime job at an office, attend a somewhat pricey university with my own funding, and I just don't see a problem with throwing $50 bucks on a preorder.

I also think its a sad state of affairs that parents are buying their kids smartphones. Its an unnecessary luxury kids do not need. Not to mention it also instigates bad behavior such as sexting.

mrshades812

Sep 16, 2010
Las Vegas
Well same deal here. It was $50 out of pocket and got a gift card to pay down the phone. $199 - $50 (2nd gift card when u pick up the phone) - $50 og evo trade = $100!

I had pre ordered another one for my daughter on the sprint website for $199... I wonder which one will show up 1st?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

shellguy

Sep 23, 2007
Mine went like this:

Paper says you are supposed to pay $50.00 for GC that holds your phone, he pulled up their internal software and it says nothing is due @ time of Pre-Order and you get your $50.00 GC on the day you pick up the phone and activate it. So your OTD price should be $149.99 before taxes. I will be adding a Zagg shield to mine as well to protect it. Can't wait for the new cases to come out too.

Will

AngelofChaos

Aug 28, 2010
Winter Park, FL
Mine went like this:

Paper says you are supposed to pay $50.00 for GC that holds your phone, he pulled up their internal software and it says nothing is due @ time of Pre-Order and you get your $50.00 GC on the day you pick up the phone and activate it. So your OTD price should be $149.99 before taxes. I will be adding a Zagg shield to mine as well to protect it. Can't wait for the new cases to come out too.

Will

I'm definitely getting a Zagg shield as I had a co-worker recently drop her phone, shattering the screen, after she had the TEP taken off. I've had a few unfortunate drops, but that shield has kept the screen safe. Also going to probably get the new seidio surface case as the black top of the phone is kind of ugly, and a fingerprint magnet.

EDIT: Just got emailed an update from Best Buy regarding the preorder, confirming both the release date as May 18, 2012 and that they are now confirming store inventory. So I would assume Best Buy already has them in the store, but they will not be released till launch.

Last edited:

durandetto

Jan 11, 2010
Hartland, MI
I'm definitely getting a Zagg shield as I had a co-worker recently drop her phone, shattering the screen, after she had the TEP taken off. I've had a few unfortunate drops, but that shield has kept the screen safe. Also going to probably get the new seidio surface case as the black top of the phone is kind of ugly, and a fingerprint magnet.

EDIT: Just got emailed an update from Best Buy regarding the preorder, confirming both the release date as May 18, 2012 and that they are now confirming store inventory. So I would assume Best Buy already has them in the store, but they will not be released till launch.

Be careful with the Surface, I had one on my OG Evo and it scratched the edges of the phone. I personally like the active.

jaime2563

Jul 2, 2010
Let me see if I understand this correctly.

I signed up for the wireless freedom ($50 credit), is there separate program for pre-orders which enables you a $50 GC (applied at time of pick up)?

I pre-ordered my phone and had to put $50 deposit (received GC which I will use toward the phone). Will I be eligible for $100 credit for both "wireless freedom" and "preorder credit" at the time of activation on the 5/18? If so that would leave me a balance of $50 out of pocket due.

lpjzfan2005

Feb 14, 2011
Mo City
Well my apologies for sounding smug. I do not consider myself rich in any way shape or form as I am within the middle class, such as yourself. I work a fulltime job at an office, attend a somewhat pricey university with my own funding, and I just don't see a problem with throwing $50 bucks on a preorder.

I also think its a sad state of affairs that parents are buying their kids smartphones. Its an unnecessary luxury kids do not need. Not to mention it also instigates bad behavior such as sexting.

Haha I sexted before it was popular on my moto razr in 8th grade... It's any phone with a camera man lol, can't stop the horny young kids.

Edit: I know I payed for all my upgrades to smartphones when I was young, and for the data plan. Saved all my money to do it, but my family is middle class also. Seriously tho, you can't blame smartphones for sexting, you can blame mms lol

Last edited:

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
what most ppl don't realize is they are paying 50 bucks for the 50 buck gc.... not paying 50 bucks and getting a 50 buck gc on top of what they just paid... thats how bby works, i used to work there

omadhaun

Jul 11, 2010
Minnesota
I just pre-ordered mine from Best Buy and they asked for no money down.

They said it should be available on Friday the 18th, and that the cost is $200, but they will give me a $50 free gift card when I come in to activate the phone, and I can trade in my current HTC Evo 4G (regardless of condition) for another $50 off, bringing the new phone price down to $100.

shellguy

Sep 23, 2007
The activation charge is Sprints, not BBY, RadioShack, or anyone else.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

ticklemepinks

Feb 26, 2008
I just pre-ordered mine from Best Buy and they asked for no money down.

They said it should be available on Friday the 18th, and that the cost is $200, but they will give me a $50 free gift card when I come in to activate the phone, and I can trade in my current HTC Evo 4G (regardless of condition) for another $50 off, bringing the new phone price down to $100.
so how did you pre-order if you didn't put anything down, what will make them save one for you???

scottspa74

Apr 3, 2009
everett
Google Pixel 6
Yeah, they didn't ask me for any money, either. Just got a paper reservation. That said, I'm glad, because when I got home I saw the 120$ wirefly deal and ordered there.

sent from 2yr old Evo on ICS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Bestbuy sucks

Sent from my PG86100 using XDA

Please check your PMs.
    bbm_evo4glte.jpg
    Ugh, tapatalk crashed as I was responding to 2 posts. Anyway, whoever said about BBY having them or almost having them, its hard to say. There have been numerous phone launches in the past where BBY doesn't get the phones right away, like the GNex on Sprint, because Sprint wanted to do their launch first and then send the phones to BBY even though we did preorders for them.

If you call up to your stores, talk to the person that answers the phone, not the mobile people. The people that answer the phone are likely very detatched from what is going on and they're not gonna try to give you a hard time when you're asking about inventory levels. There are 3 different inventory levels we care about right now - on order, in transit, and inbound allocated. On order is how many we have requested. In transit is the quantity we will get within a few trucks (could be the truck after the next truck or it might be more than that). Inbound allocated is the inventory when the truck comes in. This quantity should only appear when the truck is on its way to the store. So if you call your local BBYs, ask if they have any in stock or if they show any in transit or inbound allocated.

Whoever said something about signage and delaying the launch because it can take a day or two to do that is wrong. Signage takes a few minutes for what they need to do with this launch. No additional employee trainings are needed for this launch.

Hope this helps :)

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
    that regular price seems a bit steep. hopefully i can get the discount :)
    Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.
    This link will let you check your local BestBuy inventory.
    Not sure how often they update the online inventory though.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...contract_desc=2+YEARS+NEW&pageMode=searchmode