Knox warranty void. Unsupported version. Odin

Search This thread

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Hi.
Ok I've not installed a custom rom on my s3 gt-19305. I did do a restore via Odin using the stock 4.1.2 from manufacturer. I updated to 4.3 and wish hadn't bothered. My battery life is dramatically worse on 4.3

My problem at the moment is I can only access download mode. I used Odin to flash 4.1.2 but it keeps saying failed. In download mode it says Knox warranty void 0x1
The counter is 1 but how is this possible I've only done a restore in the past with a legit rom from samsung

I'm in the process of downloading 4.3 but it's 30% done and 7 hours to go.

Help!

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Hi.
Ok I've not installed a custom rom on my s3 gt-19305. I did do a restore via Odin using the stock 4.1.2 from manufacturer. I updated to 4.3 and wish hadn't bothered. My battery life is dramatically worse on 4.3

My problem at the moment is I can only access download mode. I used Odin to flash 4.1.2 but it keeps saying failed. In download mode it says Knox warranty void 0x1
The counter is 1 but how is this possible I've only done a restore in the past with a legit rom from samsung

I'm in the process of downloading 4.3 but it's 30% done and 7 hours to go.

Help!

My question by the way... Why can't I put 4.1.2 on now...

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
My question by the way... Why can't I put 4.1.2 on now...

Hi, I had the exact same issue, basically if you have a KNOX bootloader then you cannot downgrade firmware from PC Odin, the only was I could get this to work was to root my phone and then downgrade the firmware through Mobile Odin.

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Hi, I had the exact same issue, basically if you have a KNOX bootloader then you cannot downgrade firmware from PC Odin, the only was I could get this to work was to root my phone and then downgrade the firmware through Mobile Odin.

Will I be able to put 4.3 back on using Odin. I am unable to get past startup screen on phone. I can only access download mode. Can not access other mode using power volume up and home

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
Hi, Yes you should be able to upgrade back to 4.3 (Both via PC Odin & Mobile Odin), it's because knox is blocking PC ODIN from the downgrade to 4.1.2.

Reactions: Neo_saitek

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
From what I know yes... I learnt the hard way too as i all of a sudden aquired knox stuff only once I had upgraded to a stock 4.3 rom, so I would say so :p

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
From what I know yes... I learnt the hard way too as i all of a sudden aquired knox stuff only once I had upgraded to a stock 4.3 rom, so I would say so :p

I think it's outrageous that this has happened. I do not like 4.3 and if once the download of 4.3 has completed and I'm successful in putting it back on, does this mean I'm stuck with it.. I would eventually like to stick cyanogen mod on but if I'm going to be stuck on 4.3 then I'm going to be mighty annoyed...even more so than I am now

rasseru16

Nov 30, 2010
Yes I agree! It's a nightmare and another way of Samsung preventing you from doing any downgrade "easily". If you want to stick Cyanogen mod on then all you can do is give it a try with PC Odin first and if not then Mobile Odin should do it.

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Yes I agree! It's a nightmare and another way of Samsung preventing you from doing any downgrade "easily". If you want to stick Cyanogen mod on then all you can do is give it a try with PC Odin first and if not then Mobile Odin should do it.

There just as bad as "crapple" now in my opinion. When I could not downgrade my old iPhone because they had stopped signing the ios I was annoyed. I payed for the phone and I want my ios not the one you want me to have... I do not want 4.3 I should be able to choose.. So samsung, you have lost a customer today. Once phone is fixed or not I'm going to be changing to something else like a Nokia or Sony

Neo_saitek

Nov 13, 2013
Uk
Brilliant. im happy ive managed to rescue my phone. installed 4.3 using odin with no problems.. gutted i cant install anyother rom now, suppose ill have to keep my charger with me at all times.. "UP YOURS SAMSUNG" - "if i ever see you in the street ill KNOX you out"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, Yes you should be able to upgrade back to 4.3 (Both via PC Odin & Mobile Odin), it's because knox is blocking PC ODIN from the downgrade to 4.1.2.
    Brilliant. im happy ive managed to rescue my phone. installed 4.3 using odin with no problems.. gutted i cant install anyother rom now, suppose ill have to keep my charger with me at all times.. "UP YOURS SAMSUNG" - "if i ever see you in the street ill KNOX you out"

Glad to hear you rescued it!