[Q] Lg Optimus Chic (e720) custom rom????

Search This thread

ripa1993

Apr 4, 2011
Como
Hi guys, i've tried to compile a 2.2.1 oc kernel for the e720
Here is the link to the zImage. LINK
The kernel hasn't been tested yet because i couldn't manage to flash it trough recovery with Koush's Any Kernel updater, i get an error while reading from the system. You can try it yourself or i'll try to do something tomorrow, like putting it in my Cooked V10b

wise_entity

Apr 16, 2011
Vancouver
Guys I've got LG Opt chic from bell, its already unlock via iMEI# and now Im using Fido. My problem is if I want to root is I can't use the instruction on page 1 been trying to figure out where is the terminal on my phone for typing the command. File Manager doesn't even exist on bell stock rom, cant' log in to my gmail account, can't uninstall program from bell.

Anybody successful rooting the phone from bell Canada.

Mar 12, 2011
Kaohsiung
any one tested it?
p500 has a upgrade to android 2.3...
-
u can use
Terminal Emulator or Better Terminal Emulator Pro to type the command
Root Explorer to manage your files
SuperOneClick or Gingerbreak to root your phone
the instruction on page 1 to install custom recovery and flash oc kernel or rom

wise_entity

Apr 16, 2011
Vancouver
---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
u can use
Terminal Emulator or Better Terminal Emulator Pro to type the command
Root Explorer to manage your files
SuperOneClick or Gingerbreak to root your phone
the instruction on page 1 to install custom recovery and flash oc kernel or rom

if you mean installing terminal emulator or the likes thats a problem I can't log in my gmail account. As I've said I can't use the instruction on page 1 as I've lot missing tools to do it. I can download the recovery and flash image but how can I access the root if there's no terminal to type.

Is there any bell user succesful on rooting it or recover from any stock rom (w/o bell).

Mar 12, 2011
Kaohsiung
---------- Post added at 11:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

if you mean installing terminal emulator or the likes thats a problem I can't log in my gmail account. As I've said I can't use the instruction on page 1 as I've lot missing tools to do it. I can download the recovery and flash image but how can I access the root if there's no terminal to type.

Is there any bell user succesful on rooting it or recover from any stock rom (w/o bell).

so...

because you can't log in google account and install those APKs from Market
you don't have tools to root?

Last edited:

TGVisser

Oct 5, 2011
Ferwert
so...

because you can't log in google account and install those APKs from Market
you don't have tools to root?

I've rooted my girlfriends e720 with Z4Root, was a little challenge but it worked.
Then I used RootUninstaller to remove the stock T-Mobile content.

Z4Root is no longer available in the market (just like any other root-tool),
so google it.

Mar 12, 2011
Kaohsiung
today, i try to compile kernel from drellisdee's and add some cpu frequency into acpuclock.c

i flash my own kernel and increase cpu frequency by SetCPU
when scaling governer is ondemand, the screen display abnormally
when it is performance, the screen display normally

why is it like this?

following is my added code:
{ 1, 614400, ACPU_PLL_0, 4, 0, 153600, 3, 7, 122880 },
{ 1, 633600, ACPU_PLL_0, 4, 0, 158400, 3, 7, 122880 },
{ 1, 652800, ACPU_PLL_0, 4, 0, 163200, 3, 7, 122880 },
{ 1, 672000, ACPU_PLL_0, 4, 0, 168000, 3, 7, 122880 },
{ 1, 691200, ACPU_PLL_0, 4, 0, 172800, 3, 7, 122880 },
{ 1, 710400, ACPU_PLL_0, 4, 0, 177600, 3, 7, 122880 },

dynasticorpheus

Sep 21, 2011
Hi guys, i've tried to compile a 2.2.1 oc kernel for the e720
Here is the link to the zImage.
The kernel hasn't been tested yet because i couldn't manage to flash it trough recovery with Koush's Any Kernel updater, i get an error while reading from the system. You can try it yourself or i'll try to do something tomorrow, like putting it in my Cooked V10b

Does it work?

wastingpixels

Oct 20, 2011
Bit of a problem - I have the LG e720b from Bell, and put on andmelk loc and the alessi kernal without thinking to much of it. When I had andmelk loc 1.1c wifi worked but 3G didn't, and now on andmelk 2.0 neither work. It also changed model number in about phone to LG-E720.(No b) Originally I thought it was the kernel, but after the v2.0 I'm thinking it might be the rom. Anyone have a fix or the orignally zip I could flash too?

Many thanks

goldfinsh

Apr 26, 2010
I need bell stock for LG chic

W00t :) now we just need a sub forum lol. Recovery is working great other than few issues I pmed you drellisdee. Also I have lg's stock bell canada rom that is flashable if anyone wants to start on a custom rom..id like to port cyanogen 6.1.1

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 using XDA Premium App

Hi, I messed up my LG Chic and I need the original bell stock with instruction on how to flash it. I hope you can help me out with that.

Thanks

Goldfinsh

Xeniel

Jun 19, 2010
Anyone else facing force close issues on the custom kernels? Also does anyone know where I can flash back to stock kernel?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Test Version: Note I do not have this phone and was asked to add this to my recovery lineup.

Directions:

Download this recovery and unzip it and copy to root of sdcard

recovery-alessi-gnm.img.zip
    password is gnmtest

download flash_image.zip and unzip and copy to root of sdcard

flash_image.zip

commands to flash recovery

from adb shell or terminal (requires root # prompt)
    Code:
    su

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock1 /system

cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image

chmod 0755 /system/bin/flash_image

mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak (notice this file install-recovery.sh may not be on your device if it gives an error or file not found move on)

flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-alessi-gnm.img

sync
    then power off device and boot holding most likely vol-dn + home + menu ??? This needs to be verified for alessi device. You may be able to boot recovery by adb reboot recovery also. Edit confirmed to boot via VOL UP + VOL DOWN + POWER by ptesmoke on e720 (bell)

Key mapping is Vol-up & Vol-down move selection up & down. Back is backup a menu. Menu key is to select.

This is a test version I'll do full release soon after bugs (if any) are worked out.
    The message E: bad boot message is normal disregard it.

For debugging use the move recovery-log to sd option under other and please upload it with feedback.

Overclock kernel assuming everything works:
    signed_alessi_oc.zip

Ptesmoke noted that Oc kernel wasn't very stable for him above 748mhz. Ill need some other feedback to make sure it wasnt just a low spec processor die he had.

password is keepout

Special Thanks:
    Amon_Ra for his original source code
    Ptesmoke for testing

Basic description of recovery features and troubleshooting can be found here in one of my other posts. http://androidforums.com/getitnowmarketing/256286-custom-recovery-ms690-optimus-m.html

easiest way to contact me is @getitnowmarket on twitter
    I made a tested working one a few weeks ago just havent had time to release it.
    how about reset factory settings on LGMobile Support Tool?
    Thanks gglong for the help here, been working 9 straight days now plus all this weekend and next, so I barely have time to work on my roms. The devoid one was a shot in the dark, I didn't know the ext was buggered in the recovery, or it may be a bad reference in the devoid rom. In which case thank you for furthur explaining that kdz is the tool to use if for some reason u can't get recovery to flash. Just keep a copy of your stock rom on hand just in case. 10c is latest but is unrootable. Flash 10b. Root, then reinstall recovery.

I have a p500 rom ported with lag fix, oc, etc. But need to get a chance to upload for you. Also got most of the bell junk cleaned out as well.

Ill report back soon, and ill take down the link for devoid port as well once I can get more than 5mins!

Cheers and stay tuned....this next rom should be candy...

Sent from my HTC Desire Z/G2 using XDA Premium App
    My Rom with Overclock Lagfix Deodex Zipalign and more...

Tested works 100%! Flash this from the recovery,and enjoy ;)

Thanks to drellisdee for the Recovery and for the Kernel ;)

Now lacking only the "multitouch fix" and this phone will be better than all ;D

Original post (on an Italian Android community)