[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Search This thread

rpgdev

Jul 31, 2011
When I got a low memory warning I used a very versatile App called Super Manager to move some of the Apps to my External memory card.
This App did tell me which were safe to move, which were not, and which Apps it did not know if they were safe.
If I knew which stuff was safe to delete, I could go and do so with this App also.

On which section of Super Manager could you do this?

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
As for download mode: adb reboot download doesn't work on ANY mtd ROMS for the galaxy s line. As for your issues with key combos, that has nothing to do with the ROM. That is purely the boot loader, which has nothing to do with the ROM.

Reactions: daskanda

melvinaury

Jan 11, 2009
Hatillo
I notice that with root explorer ir astro file manager I can't delete any file. It said delete fail. What can cause this issue.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

shawn122

Oct 2, 2010
Toronto
I notice that with root explorer ir astro file manager I can't delete any file. It said delete fail. What can cause this issue.

Try clearing data for both apps

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Most likely you are in r/o mode (read only). Look for the status at the top...it should be saying:
"Mounted as r/o"

click the button that says "Mount r/w" and you should be good to go

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
with regard to moving apps to SD, ROM toolbox works quite well for this function as well as many others. In the start menu feature I've found that disabling certain apps or disabling certain aspects of an app that don't need to be running all the time helps with available RAM slightly as well. However, the best fix for me has been switching to devil kernel .72 and applying swap (sorry sixstring but multitasking is major must for me, had to do the devil)

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
I just downgraded to Build 27. This is the ONLY build that has working captivate buttons as notifications. Ever since I upgraded beyond Build 27 they stopped working. I dont know what was changed after this build, but the only noticeable bug is the NAV BAR. And that I know a work around to it. Hopefully JB has the captivate buttons working as notification lights when an official release comes out. I even tried some Cyanogenmod builds and nothing works except build 27 AOKP. Hopefully AOKP can incorporate this into a JB release.

topiratiko

Dec 22, 2010
Anyone have a solution to freeing up more available RAM other than deleting apps? Would be nice if swap worked with this kernel :)

Not trying to be a smart ass but if you're up for an upgrade go to target pay 30 dollars and get this

208a0066-ce4f-d629.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

bobapunk

Feb 27, 2011
Peoria, IL
I just downgraded to Build 27. This is the ONLY build that has working captivate buttons as notifications. Ever since I upgraded beyond Build 27 they stopped working. I dont know what was changed after this build, but the only noticeable bug is the NAV BAR. And that I know a work around to it. Hopefully JB has the captivate buttons working as notification lights when an official release comes out. I even tried some Cyanogenmod builds and nothing works except build 27 AOKP. Hopefully AOKP can incorporate this into a JB release.

Capacitive buttons as notification light worked for me on every build I tried. Try flashing Devil Kernel and see if they work. Be sure to grab one of the 2 Devil config apps to turn the option on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Capacitive buttons as notification light worked for me on every build I tried. Try flashing Devil Kernel and see if they work. Be sure to grab one of the 2 Devil config apps to turn the option on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

I think I have found the issue with the capacitive buttons. It seems when I have the option "Screen Turn On" enabled in GO SMS Notification settings, the buttons do not work as a notification light. So if i want the notification light to work, when I get a text message, the screen stays off but the buttons light up. So i have to choose between the screen turning on to notify me of a text, or the screen staying off but the buttons lighting up. Weird because build 27 I could have that option enabled and the buttons would still stay lit so long as I had a text message. There must have been code that overrode all app settings when it came to the notification lights.

Nick0703

Jan 4, 2011
?
Is there anyway of making Wifi Direct to work? Because my cousin has an S3 and we tried Wifi Direct, his phone could see my phone (In Wifi Direct Settings) but my phone couldn't see his (because of no Wifi Direct Settings to search devices etc...).

Sent from my SGH-I896 using XDA

bdithug

Mar 26, 2012
Burlington
LG G8
Sony Xperia 1 IV
Absolutely. I like what CM does and everything they have done. But when I compare aokp ics to cm ics, aokp to me just have a much better feel and more customization IMO. I tried cm10 v6 and it was nice. But i had to downgrade back to aokpm6 for stability and day to day use.

Reactions: melvinaury

CheesyNutz

Oct 26, 2010
Springfield
Absolutely. I like what CM does and everything they have done. But when I compare aokp ics to cm ics, aokp to me just have a much better feel and more customization IMO. I tried cm10 v6 and it was nice. But i had to downgrade back to aokpm6 for stability and day to day use.

cmv10 is pretty freaking good no troubles other than music player crashing .

i see that the AOKP team are building nightlies nothing yet for the cappy

Lorddeff07

Jul 10, 2009
St Kitts

You should try cm10v10. It will blow ur mind lol. And I'm a die hard aokp fan. I'm beginning to wonder if aokp takes CM and just improves on it. Though aokp is generally more feature rich. But CM are pushing out builds everyday that keep getting better and better but we don't even have 1 aokp JB build yet. Strange.

Sent from awesomeness

Top Liked Posts