[Q] Ramos W30HD General Research and Offtopic

Search This thread

sankar24

Nov 24, 2010
chennai
is tehere any link ubuntu for ramos w30hd.
it said there is rebranded version of ramos w30hd have dual boot option android/ubuntu. Model name Kite full hd.
where can we find kite full hd firmware.

I understand it is available for people who hve bought from them because it asks for the serial number of the product. Some one who bought the tablet can give a copy of the rom to be tried. But I cant even see a forum dedicated to that tablet anywhere so far. After darevix left the scene things are a bit dull.

Kolle1234

Dec 25, 2008
W30HD und W30HD pro are two different devices! You cant flash the pro version on the normal ew30hd

Gesendet aus Spaß

tarasbuba

Apr 20, 2011
While the W30 is clearly different from the W30HD, because of the screen type,
it is indeed difficult to see what the difference between the W30HD and the W30HDPRO is other than the RAM size and the OS version:
http://en.mumumusic.com/?product-24.html
http://en.mumumusic.com/?product-36.html

Another difference is CPU:

W30HD
CPU Samsung Exynos 4412,ARM Cortex-A9 Based Quad Core up to 1.4GHz

W30HD PRO
CPU RK3188 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor

------

anyone try this new rom in w30hd? worked?

thx

alpine101

Jan 28, 2012

W30HD

W30HD PRO
CPU RK3188 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor

------

thx

Sorry, yes, rather important and I missed it! It looks as though Ramos have given up trying to get any code out of Samsung and moved to Rockchip...

clockterra

Nov 8, 2006
Palma de Mallorca

W30HD

W30HD PRO
CPURK3188 Quad-core ARM Cortex-A9 processor

------

thx

I think tha the specs are wrong, the only difference between them is one goes with exynos 4412 and the new pro goes with rk3188, both models with 2 gb ram

Edit: forgive my post you edited quickly and now no reason for the answer.

Enviado desde mi CUBE U30GT2 usando tapatalk 2

Last edited:

MasK

May 15, 2005
Singapore
www.imraneo.com
Guys..

Did anyone actually bought the W30HDpro? I just got one a couple of days ago and managed to root it.
Now, my aim is to overclock it, but somehow I believe the kernel has it locked to 1608Mhz. Is anyone expert enough to pursue this?

Thanks!

Beasty01

Feb 17, 2011
If somebody else is missing the posibility to charge the tablet with USB.... I just ordered this USB to 2.5mm DC Charging Cable and it works great. Does not charge very fast but nearly as good as the normal plug :)
here is a link
h t t p : / / dx.com/p/usb-to-2-5mm-dc-charging-cable-2538
Very sad that it seems that the software support for this great tablet has ended allready :crying:

bit.perfect

Sep 5, 2013
Guys..

Did anyone actually bought the W30HDpro? I just got one a couple of days ago and managed to root it.
Now, my aim is to overclock it, but somehow I believe the kernel has it locked to 1608Mhz. Is anyone expert enough to pursue this?

Thanks!

I just got a Ramos W30HDPRO and want to root it. Can you tell me how you root it?

bit.perfect

Sep 5, 2013
This device uses the RK3188 chipset and there's a generic root for that.
Google up for "TPSparkyRoot"

If you need, I can upload the package.
Cheers.

I tried and it went through the 3 reboots, but it did not get rooted :(. I did enable "usb debugging" and the drivers were installed.

I got the following message in command prompt,

"cannot stat 'su' : No such file or directory
Unable to chown /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Unable to chmod /system/bin/su: No such file or directory
Cannot stat 'busybox": No such file or directory"...

Any ideas as to what I did wrong?

maharajmeister

Mar 4, 2013
Hello guys. I just installed a 8000mAh battery in my W30HD and i thought you guys would like to know how i did it.
The battery i got is the "[L010] 3.7V,8000mAH PLIB (polymer lithium ion battery) Li-ion battery for tablet pc ,mp3,mp4,cell phone,speaker [36125130] " from AliExpress.com which cost me $20 with shipping.
Pic of battery in tablet: bildr.no/view/1411334 . As you can see the battery went a little bit over the white plastic and didnt fit perfectly. To fix this i heated up a knife (pic: bildr.no/view/1411335) and cut away some of the plastic, result: bildr.no/view/1411338 . To mount the battery to the back plate i used double sided tape bildr.no/view/1411339
The tablet works perfectly and charges like normal.

Was any soldering required to install the new battery to the mainboard?

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

Hello
Any help or guidence for a battery replace for this device.. like a walkthorough
Mine died some months ago.. Just got a replacement from aliexpress

/3-7V-8000mAH-Li-ion-Polymer-lithiumion-battery-for-some-9-7-or-10-1-inch/727554644
SO I could give it to my kids so the can knock it around a bit....

drumbeater79

Dec 13, 2010
Hi everyone. I really need help from people in this thread. I own a week-old W31, everything goes well and I enjoyed using it. I rooted the phone and tweak stuffs until I edited some lines in the build.prop and rebooted. There goes my w31, stuck at boot loop forever. I already tried holding the power button combos but to no avail. I also tried the reset button, again bootloops forever. Please help as w31 has no forum of its own. I'm really counting on some helpful ideas from nice people here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi I have prepared a clean and optimized rom, but still no hardware video acceleration :crying:

Hope you like:

[ROM] W30HD - drx v0.01
    OK, I have answer but this is just neverending story. After Chinese New Year will com next free days and this can be delayed until Christmas...
    Wonderful news, I hope they publish a stable firmware, and not what they have posted before.

On another topic, I have prepared a modified firmware, but I have not been able to operate the touch screen in the Aroma installer.
    Tonight I will try to publish it.
    Hello guys. I just installed a 8000mAh battery in my W30HD and i thought you guys would like to know how i did it.
    The battery i got is the "[L010] 3.7V,8000mAH PLIB (polymer lithium ion battery) Li-ion battery for tablet pc ,mp3,mp4,cell phone,speaker [36125130] " from AliExpress.com which cost me $20 with shipping.
    Pic of battery in tablet: bildr.no/view/1411334 . As you can see the battery went a little bit over the white plastic and didnt fit perfectly. To fix this i heated up a knife (pic: bildr.no/view/1411335) and cut away some of the plastic, result: bildr.no/view/1411338 . To mount the battery to the back plate i used double sided tape bildr.no/view/1411339
    The tablet works perfectly and charges like normal.
    i put all my free time searching for anything usefull, nothing came up
    So i need you guys asking polite for CT363 driver because that controller is newer than everything out there,

http://www.vtl.com.cn/contact/index.html

If there was other way i would have walk it.We need touch driver that only Ramos and the company that produces it has so ....

Edit:
    I need the outcome of this

adb shell getprop ro.boot.bootloader
    Thanks
    Hi demetris_l, I tried "adb shell GetProp ro.boot.bootloader" but does not return any information.

Today I received the W30HD and I like the hardware, but the stock rom is horrible :(
    I started cooking the rom but it seems hard to greatly improve performance. Anyway I will try to post this week, the stock rom with Aroma installer, without Chinese applications, root, busybox, zipalign, deodex and init.d.

Greetings and sorry for my horrible English.
    Yes, I can also confirm that. There is problem with hw decoding in Ramos W30HD - all above 720p and streaming apps like youtube. I received confirmation from Ramos support service. We need wait for new firmware. There is no ETA now.
    Other way is find and support custom ROM developer