[ROM][4/13/11] TeamVillain presents...SenseGinger 2.3/Sense (v3.0)

Search This thread

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
Oh my god.. I love you so much. Gonna try to get my Vision replaced from tmobile in a few minutes. (Bad hinge and INSANELY ANNOYING DEAD PIXEL) you guys think they will replace it right?

If they do this is the first rom I'm flashing for it. Time to go brag to my MT4G brother. (;

Sent from my Rooted God-like HTC Vision running Liquid Metal.

jmwils3

Sep 21, 2010
Madison, AL
That does seem to be the case, I've added it to the known issues list.

any idea when this issue might be fixed? Ive been trying to install wi-fi calling into the rom, and I cant get that to install for this reason, and this feature is extremely important when im in a dorm with no cell service otherwise.

MacaronyMax

Aug 27, 2008
Oxford
Wow... Takes me over half hour to downpd a rm so I rarely do... But the day I do 10mins later an even awesomer one is posted :( lol nice work :D

HomerSp

Retired Recognized Developer
Jan 5, 2010
Stockholm
any idea when this issue might be fixed? Ive been trying to install wi-fi calling into the rom, and I cant get that to install for this reason, and this feature is extremely important when im in a dorm with no cell service otherwise.
I wanted to try and include as many bugfixes as possible in the next patch, so it'll probably be a couple of days.

You can however push this to /system/app: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11494687/PackageInstaller.apk

If more people want this fix now I can create a small patch.

dustrho

Sep 21, 2009
Oswego, IL
twitter.com
When in landscape mode, I cannot use the ALT and ? keys to create quotation marks with my physical keyboard. That appears to be the only ALT combo that doesn't work for me.

jmwils3

Sep 21, 2010
Madison, AL

lightningtrip

Oct 17, 2009
I installed it about 2 hours ago, I really like the speed and the amount of free memory compared to the original sense. Good job! =)

jmwils3

Sep 21, 2010
Madison, AL
wi-fi calling help?

@HomerSP, I know Ive asked a lot of you already, and this rom is already amazing, but for the life of me, I cant seem to get Wi-Fi calling to work on this ROM. Can you (or anyone else, for that matter) help me out with this? Id really like to get this enabled for this rom, so I can use it when I go back to college next week instead of the CM7 Ive had to use since virtuous had issues. I have tried installing the apk, which installs, but FCs when clicked. I have also tried moving the lib files related to wi-fi calling from the virtuous rom, but that had no effect. Anything else I can try?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I, and Team Villain, are proud to present you with the third major release of the SenseGinger ROM. This is completely rebased on the latest Vision RUU, so most if not everything should be working as well as you would expect from a Sense rom.
    It also includes a couple of my own tweaks and fixes as illustrated below in the screenshots.

Now on to the release. As you might expect there are a couple of things that are not working, some being more critical than others. I'll try to keep the list below as up-to-date as possible, so please read that before reporting any bugs.

As always a picture says more than a thousand words, so here are some screenshots:

v3.0:
    Buttons.jpg PerformanceSettings.png PowerOptions.jpg QuickSettings.png UninstallMode.jpg

Changelog
    v3.0:
    * Rebased on latest Vision RUU leak
    * Fixed camcorder
    * Fixed card mail widget
    * Fixed USB and wireless tether
    * Added keep home in memory option
    * Added changeable left and right buttons (long-press them to change)

Known issues:
    * Wifi calling is not included and does not work (this is due to a system lib)
    * No overclock
    * No TP wake
    * Amber LED turns on randomly
    * FC in dialer

Install instructions
    1. Boot into recovery (adb reboot recovery ... or Hold camera and press power)
    2. Perform a FULL DATA/CACHE WIPE (this may not be necessary if you come from SenseGinger v2.x)
    3. Install Zip from SD Card, and select SenseGinger-v3.0.zip

Patches
    -

Download links
    ROM: http://villainrom.co.uk/releases/g2/SenseGinger3.0/download.php
    I'll try to finish and release 3.0 tomorrow :)
    Do i have to fast boot? Cant i just add to the SDcard and open up rom manager and install from sdcard?
    Fastboot is for when flashing the recovery, if you already have CWM 3.0 you can skip that part and just flash the rom.
    2.1 is out! See first post for changelog and download :D