[APP Widget]Cowon D3 Clock

Search This thread

marc22

Jul 3, 2009
earth
Hello,

I have pushed a code update to github, the features appear to have been rather painless which is always nice.

I have added a colour picker for custom colour choices.
I ended up using https://github.com/attenzione/androi...ckerPreference which is an incredible, well put together little colour picker.

I added the ability to launch the clock app from the widget. This will attempt to open the clock if it can find one. Because some custom roms run custom clock apps and there is no published intent this might not work on your rom. If it fails to launch your specific clock please let me know the details.

I added the option to lowercase all the text similar to gomorrah's blue mod

I should have fixed the 12 hour 00 bug aswell!!

I did test it on a few devices so hopefully it works fine but if there are any problems please let me know.
The plan is to put it on the market, for free, in the next few days when I get a chance.

I'm not developper of this APP,
it's rsmartin who is developing this application.

source code https://github.com/bobthekingofegypt/BobClockD3

BobClockD3 by rsmartin

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

BobClockD3 is now available in the market

https://market.android.com/details?id=bob.clock&feature=search_result

img.php.png

Attachments

• BobClockD3.apk
    62.7 KB · Views: 22,523
Last edited:

Andyt95

Jul 12, 2010
Wrexham
I saw a picture of Cowon D3 and I thought why not on our phones. I know nothing devellopement android so I ask your attention.
if someone could develop this clock it would be cool.
in French if possible.

thank you so much

in folder .rar you find .PSD, .PNG , and Font

as soon as it comes out, you'll have it. But until then I'll try to make a clock look the same, but it'll be hard seen as the numbers overlap.

P.S the stock theme for this mp3 player looks alot like the homescreens people show of in the 'post your homescreen' thread ;)

EDIT: I knew it would be hard but it's turning out seemingly implausible for me, I can't get the numbers to overlap with the transparency.
Sorry, you'll have to get a real dev on this.

Last edited:

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
Looks really nice- would also be interested.... ;)

look, maybe this is a little substitute until somebody develops this clock for android...
c020.gif

you can set two minimalistic text widgets one upon the other and let them overlap.

Last edited:

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
Hi, I want this widget. How can i download this? Thanks

take the link for the update two posts before this and extract the update. In there are two clock widgets and one clock.apk. It is one of the widgets, I don't know which one anymore- sorry, I already deleted it from my phone... ;) Just try it.

rsmartin

Dec 3, 2010
bobstuff.org
Hello, I spent the evening building this as I wanted to play with the widget api's.

It's a bit rough at the moment as it's the first widget I've done. Works fine on my desire and g1, if it works for you I could do a translation of the days and months next weekend.

I did not use the font you attached as I don't know if it is free to be distributed. The numbers strips are from marcarnals' rainmeter theme on deviantart, sorry can't link to him as I can't do outside links, and the text is plain old driod.

Cheers
Bob

Attachments

• BobClockD3.apk
    177.3 KB · Views: 4,784
  • device.jpg
    device.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 10,356

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
no link- you have to extract it yourself as I wrote before...

take the link for the update two posts before this and extract the update. In there are two clock widgets and one clock.apk. It is one of the widgets, I don't know which one anymore- sorry, I already deleted it from my phone..

Dodgylegs

Aug 13, 2010
This looks great. Thanks so much. Any chance of a colour choice please?

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

lesa0208

Inactive Recognized Themer
Feb 25, 2010
Beograd, Uzice
Hello, I spent the evening building this as I wanted to play with the widget api's.

It's a bit rough at the moment as it's the first widget I've done. Works fine on my desire and g1, if it works for you I could do a translation of the days and months next weekend.

I did not use the font you attached as I don't know if it is free to be distributed. The numbers strips are from marcarnals' rainmeter theme on deviantart, sorry can't link to him as I can't do outside links, and the text is plain old driod.

Cheers
Bob
How can i set up 24h format on this clock ?

Last edited:

rsmartin

Dec 3, 2010
bobstuff.org
This looks great. Thanks so much. Any chance of a colour choice please?
I should have some free time on Sunday I'll see if I can add it then.

Im really bummed this didn't work on my droid 2.
Can you give me some more details? Did it crash or just not render properly? What version of android, what launcher are you running?

is there similar clock like this, that has 24h format
I may add a 24hr option on Sunday, but currently it doesn't and I don't know of an alternative.

ronnbon

Aug 15, 2010
Hamburg
is there similar clock like this, that has 24h format

no- there's no clock like this so far- thats the reason for this thread.

The only alternative is a copy build with minimalistic text widget or make your clock widget. I got a quite good copy with the last one but unfortunately just very small...
This clock has letters the size of 200 pt- the max size of the make your clock widget letters is 72 pt...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

I have pushed a code update to github, the features appear to have been rather painless which is always nice.

I have added a colour picker for custom colour choices.
    I ended up using https://github.com/attenzione/androi...ckerPreference which is an incredible, well put together little colour picker.

I added the ability to launch the clock app from the widget. This will attempt to open the clock if it can find one. Because some custom roms run custom clock apps and there is no published intent this might not work on your rom. If it fails to launch your specific clock please let me know the details.

I added the option to lowercase all the text similar to gomorrah's blue mod

I should have fixed the 12 hour 00 bug aswell!!

I did test it on a few devices so hopefully it works fine but if there are any problems please let me know.
    The plan is to put it on the market, for free, in the next few days when I get a chance.

I'm not developper of this APP,
    it's rsmartin who is developing this application.

source code https://github.com/bobthekingofegypt/BobClockD3

BobClockD3 by rsmartin

attachment.php
    attachment.php
    attachment.php

BobClockD3 is now available in the market

https://market.android.com/details?id=bob.clock&feature=search_result

img.php.png

Cheers
    Bob
    Some people asked me about my personal version of this widget so I'm gonna share it.

3 colours avaiable so far, just pick one in the configuration screen.
    Only 24h mode.
    Not tested on HVGA or QVGA devices.

bcmc.jpg
    Hi to all fans of the BobClockD3,

08.03.2011: Time for an update. I released version 1.0.2.

Fixes 1.0.2 (08.03.2011):
    Rewrote the clock refreshing. Hopefully definitely solved the problems with wrong time display.
    Clock looks now smoother. Resolved the pixely look of some digits.

Fixes 1.0.1 (02.03.2011):
    It uses less resources.This should save battery life.
    Now the time should be always refreshed correctly (and no refresh when screen is off)
    Added hugrian translation (thanks to garyarts and vagyula)

After a lot of questions about which wallpaper, which battery widget and which weather widget it is time for a really improvement of the widget.

First of all I must gave credits to marc22 for the idea and to rsmartin for the first version and the source. And I am new to Android programming. So you have to give me time to understand some things better to improve the program.

I made some enhancements and fixed some errors.
    - It is now possible to choose the color in the configuration screen of the widget
    In this first version you must enter the values in the format #AARRGGBB. You can get them with a graphic program (Photoshop or Paint.NET)
    I will try to make a graphical color chooser in the next version
    - I fixed the time error in the 12 hour version
    - I made a german localizied version
    - Refresh of the widget after configuration
    - and a few other fixes

There are a lot of limitations at the moment but I will try to fix them in the next version. I also want to add some new features. One of the limitations is that you can only have one style of the widget. The settings are shared.

I hope you have fun with the new version and feel free to post problems or wanted features. I will check what is possible to implement.
    Any link for this widget clock.

Hi, I want this widget. How can i download this? Thanks

cap201101081131.jpg

Here

;)