Leaked Official Froyo for the I9000 is out NOW!

Search This thread

gammalerik

Oct 10, 2010
All the talk about lagging is absolutely worthless. The experience of lag is extremely subjective and cannot be taken seriously without a video being posted of the actual performance.

One person might say a Ferrari is slow because it spends 1 second more per mile on the track than a Koenigsegg, and he is entirely wrong and just a fanatical geek.

cchid72

Oct 2, 2010
Is this Froyo

Samsung Australia have a link for Firmware Upgrade and a new software which is not Kies. Not working on my Windows 7. I hope this is FROYO. Need to find a PC with XP.

Not able to post a link. Check au. samsungmobile. com

mammenj

Sep 12, 2010
Samsung Australia have a link for Firmware Upgrade and a new software which is not Kies. Not working on my Windows 7. I hope this is FROYO. Need to find a PC with XP.

Not able to post a link. Check au. samsungmobile. com

Same in India, new software is New PC Studio (NPS), downloading it now, will post update.:D

Sickify

Sep 11, 2010
@tony604

Did you just just do a straight flash or did you flash your jh2 csc after. What was your method if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

Just flashed via odin. Set the pit to 803 and the pda. Works fine on my i9000m so far. Calls and text messaging work. Haven't tried 3g, only wifi. Seems faster than jh2, swype seems to be making more errors, but I may just have to reconfigure.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
There are also reports FM is stereo, and that GPS is working VERY accurately (I haven't had a chance to test either properly yet). And at least 1 GPS track example has been posted from an area with no WAAS, and it looks good.

But rest assured, those who were previously focusing on "how the update will never be released)", "Samsung don't care", and "the GPS is a hardware fault (end of story)", will now focus on exaggerating the stalling instead and using synthetic/lame benchmarks such as Linpack to apparently "prove" that JIT sucks on the SGS.

Based on all feedback though, it seems like my complaints are fixed (making it faster would simply be a bonus, as it doesn't really have much impact on me). I wont know if my problem with the GPS is fixed until I go for a jog though. Maybe I'll go on a 10km jog on Monday.

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
So , is froyo out anywhere ?

There hasn't been any official word by Samsung still.. Technically, the only evidence we have that JPM is final is that it popped up on the open source centre.

It's possible they will delay it a very short to train their staff, sales and carriers on the new features, and then roll it out.

r3ality66

Sep 30, 2010
Well said!

I personally have not noticed any significant lag that would affect everyday use (jpk un-modded)

r3ality66

Sep 30, 2010
I have jpk firmware and have been using 'my tracks' to record gps, its worked well, cutting corners here and there and sometimes a 5m offset but accurate enough for running stats. Navigation worked well also sticking to the road well

andrewluecke

Jul 11, 2010
I have jpk firmware and have been using 'my tracks' to record gps, its worked well, cutting corners here and there and sometimes a 5m offset but accurate enough for running stats. Navigation worked well also sticking to the road well

Just wondering if you have a online post of the track (for curiosity sake).

I'll try to get one posted too next week which compares the SGS with the Garmin Forerunner 305. That should give us an accurate assessment of how the GPS performs compared to a proper fitness GPS. Because if they turn out to be within a few hundred meters variation, I'll probably get a waterproof sports case for my SGS and use that instead (even though I don't get heartbeat).

donutgeek

Sep 19, 2010
Same in India, new software is New PC Studio (NPS), downloading it now, will post update.:D

I've downloaded it and tried to connect my phone via Samsung Kies connection mode. However the software will say "Please select PC STUDIO (PC Manager) connection mode on your mobile phone." and then "An unregistered model has been connected. Communication cannot proceed."

When I click the Update Firmware button, my device isn't shown. Could this be a new connection mode that will come with the Froyo update?

donutgeek

Sep 19, 2010

I've downloaded it and tried to connect my phone via Samsung Kies connection mode. However the software will say "Please select PC STUDIO (PC Manager) connection mode on your mobile phone." and then "An unregistered model has been connected. Communication cannot proceed."

When I click the Update Firmware button, my device isn't shown. Could this be a new connection mode that will come with the Froyo update?

compuse

Oct 21, 2008
No update available here..

"The deviceversion can not be modified/upgraded"

weird, translating that from dutch, they just meant that there's currently no upgrade available right?

=/

both phone as pda jpk

paarsand

Jun 29, 2010
When i had my galaxy spica i remember that we used NPS (New pc studio) to update it from android 1.5 -> 2.1.

When we got flashed to 2.1, kies was the only program that worked on that phone.

Wondering why they would put up a link to old software?
PS: NPS was WAY worse than kies.

Norwegian samsung-site has nothing about nps, but i'm not shure what site you are finding it on, since most samsungwebsites look the same.