Unlock your bootloader{india}

Search This thread

0x.shivam.x0

Jan 1, 2012
Having trouble while using ruu....because of 1.12.720.3 rom as no update available........so dont use it at all...........
Friends i just found a way to unlock our bootloaders without waiting for update from htc to upgrade our hboot
Just put this ph11img.zip in your root of sd card{your software ver will not change}
Then enter into hboot by shutting the phone down then holding the volume - +power off button it will ask you to update press volume +.......done
Now just take this version of fastboot.exe while using fastboot oem get_identifier_token
You will get the code now do as htc says

i just unlocked mine :)

Attachments

• PH11IMG.zip
    217.5 KB · Views: 128
  • fastboot.zip
    281.4 KB · Views: 172
Reactions: pachuau86

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
Having trouble while using ruu....because of 1.12.720.3 rom as no update available........so dont use it at all...........
Friends i just found a way to unlock our bootloaders without waiting for update from htc to upgrade our hboot
Just put this ph11img.zip in your root of sd card{your software ver will not change}
Then enter into hboot by shutting the phone down then holding the volume - +power off button it will ask you to update press volume +.......done
Now just take this version of fastboot.exe while using fastboot oem get_identifier_token

ok if thats the case can you do us a very big favour?

the new folder you made for the android to get the code....copy all the newer files abd etc into a zip and host it up? may save peeps alot of time chasing around

Ashish Paliwal

Sep 20, 2011
while opening fastboot.exe it says can't find AdbWinApi.dll .........but when i pasted AdbWinApi.dll (got from revolutionary.exe) it shows up the and get aways.....

nikzcool

Jan 17, 2012
bangalore
OnePlus 8

i did as stated above...got the token..applied the unlock_code.bin got all steps cmpltd but whn i check for root access it says no root access...and hboot still shows s-on but a new line ssaying unlock has come due to ur hboot...
now i am not able to make any updates to hboot..as it no longer detects for PH11IMG.zip
during update of hboot
could u help me getting back to original hboot or get it turned s-off

Last edited:

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
i did as stated above...got the token..applied the unlock_code.bin got all steps cmpltd but whn i check for root access it says no root access...and hboot still shows s-on but a new line ssaying unlock has come due to ur hboot...
now i am not able to make any updates to hboot..as it no longer detects for PH11IMG.zip
during update of hboot
could u help me getting back to original hboot or get it turned s-off

basically your saying, due to getting your hboot update u now cannot get root?
you cant downgrade hboot...and without the XTC clip u cannot get s-off.

but by having the new hboot you should have access to your bootloader now, giving you the ability to flash CWM recovery. kanded knows this procedure better than me i believe as i already have s-off and original hboot with cwm.

nikzcool

Jan 17, 2012
bangalore
OnePlus 8
basically your saying, due to getting your hboot update u now cannot get root?
you cant downgrade hboot...and without the XTC clip u cannot get s-off.

but by having the new hboot you should have access to your bootloader now, giving you the ability to flash CWM recovery. kanded knows this procedure better than me i believe as i already have s-off and original hboot with cwm.
what exactly is the diff btwn s-off and a unlocked bootloader??
i have flashed with cwm recovery 5
basiclly i want to increase my internal memory using the scripts and use custom roms will i be able to do so...

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
basiclly i want to increase my internal memory using the scripts and use custom roms will i be able to do so...

unlocking your bootloader via HTC allows you to flash roms via adb (android-Sdk)
having s-off allows you to do all this without going through HTC like i did.
basically i used the XTC clip, which gave me s-off and unlocked my bootloader at the same time it installed cwm 4.
you have cwm5 and i use cwm 4 as my setup currently doesn't allow me to update it. why i dont know.
best way possible is to use you standard rom once you have rooted it.
in the post i left previous i listed a topic which kanded wrote on using data2sd script. See here for data2sd post> Data2SD
get root, follow that post to the letter! do not deviate from it, make sure you make a flash back up via cwm (backup and restore, makes a nandroid backup image of your current setup, which allows you to flash back anytime to what your using now)
and then copy your sd card to your computer.(image backup)
as this process will wipe everything stored.

as for custom Roms, thats your choice.....not allot around at the minute, i have 2 Chinese UK O2 Roms, both totally different, but both have memory issues, as for using the data2SD i still have to figure out why my handsets not allowing it.
so once this is working on a standard ROM, maybe it can be used on these other Roms i have.
personally stick with what you got and try kandeds data2sd method...see if that works for you.

i can be contacted via gtalk on your handset, type in ferretsievo@gmail.com

Last edited:
Reactions: nikzcool

nikzcool

Jan 17, 2012
bangalore
OnePlus 8
unlocking your bootloader via HTC allows you to flash roms via adb (android-Sdk)
basically i used the XTC clip, which gave me s-off and unlocked my bootloader at the same time it installed cwm 4.
you have cwm5 and i use cwm 4 as my setup currently doesn't allow me to update it. why i dont know.
in the post i left previous i listed a topic which kanded wrote on using data2sd script. See here for data2sd post> Data2SD
get root, follow that post to the letter! do not deviate from it, make sure you make a flash back up via cwm (backup and restore, makes a nandroid backup image of your current setup, which allows you to flash back anytime to what your using now)

as for custom Roms, thats your choice.....not allot around at the minute, i have 2 Chinese UK O2 Roms, both totally different, but both have memory issues, as for using the data2SD i still have to figure out why my handsets not allowing it.
so once this is working on a standard ROM, maybe it can be used on these other Roms i have.
personally stick with what you got and try kandeds data2sd method...see if that works for you.

well thanks a lot
i hve made a backup
i used the cmw recovery to make the partitions on my 16 gigs card
and then followed ur link to kandeds post on data2sd...currently i m on this step i will update soon..

BigBearEvo

Jun 29, 2010
Leicester
bigbearevo.proboards.com
well it turns out tht i have managed to get my ext partition to be mounted...thanx 4 ur help and time

thats good to hear, plz can you forward me the way that you did this? full explanation etc inc what programs and hows the ext was created, also i need to know the steps you took.
although u followed kandeds post, in your words what did you do as im at a loss with my handset so any thing u did plz either mail me or post up asap plz.

Many thanks

nikzcool

Jan 17, 2012
bangalore
OnePlus 8
srry for replyng late..
here is wad i followed first
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1438804

u need adb and fast boot

i got cmw 5 using this and this was preety simple..
just run the commands in cmd prompt with ur device connecteded in usb debugging mode nd u will have cmw5
next inssert a memory card in fat32 format into ur phone and run the cmw5 recovery by holding the volume down with power button

once into cmw5 goto advance then select to partition ur mrmy card
u must create 3 partitions
1) fat32
2)ext3
3)swap
the size depends on your requirements
once dis is done
plug ur memory card into a pc and use MiniTool Partition to convert ur ext3 partition to ext2
(doing the above three partition directly on ur pc may not allow ur phone to read the card so i prefer doing this)
after dat

go to cwm recovery again, wipe data, cache and dakvik cache. Reboot.

Install busybox, and choose the version v1.17.1

now go to cwm recovery again.

flash htc-data2sd sdcard
reboot
and vooila u have increased ur internal memory space

Reboot

i have composed this using kanded posts.
attachments below
say thnx if helps...if any prblm cms do ask

Attachments

• stericson.busybox.apk
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,187
  • recovery.rar
    3.7 MB · Views: 40
  • htc-data2sd.zip
    181.5 KB · Views: 20

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.