Spice Mi 500: All Things Root thread

Have you rooted your Spice Mi 500?

• Yes, I'm a Superman!

Votes: 36 85.7%
  • Nope, I belong to a conservative family.

Votes: 6 14.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
If anyone can find out the original name of this device, then maybe we can get CWM for it. Because almost all android devices from Spice are rebranded. So, if you can find out about its clones, maybe we have already have a cwm for it then, in any foreign language forums. I have a Spice Mi 310, and a lot of development on this set occurs on an indonesian forum as the device sells in Indonesia by the name CSL Mi 320.

web_lover

Oct 17, 2012
Any use of having multi touch capacity of more than two fingers?

yeah i need more than two finger's touch since i play piano and use alot of multimedia stuff which require more than two a min of 4 touch :(

Guess i have to wait for karbonn A24 but im satisfied with it just the multi-touch irritates me :(

mithun shetty

Oct 23, 2012
shut down phone, hold vol + key and press power button
phone will go into recovery mode and do factory reset no password will be asked

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

dear mithin ,cmw for spice is not available yet ,we have search and find it on internet or somebody modder or developer should help us

I am unable to go into recovery mode..I hold vol+ and power button and the recovery icon shows up and nothing else...

Last edited:

nileshtambe

Nov 11, 2011
I am unable to go into recovery mode..I hold vol+ and power button and the recovery icon shows up and nothing else...

once you are in recovery mode
press and hold on vol + button and press power button
do not release vol + button
spice logo will be seen and phone will boot in recovery mode then only u release vol + button
then press home button you will be at default option as i posted pic post #82
use vol + and - button to scroll
and use option button/ power button to execute

---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:07 PM ----------

Hello everone!

I need beta testers (as I don't own this device) for testing out two custom recoveries yuweng has ported for Spice Mi 500.

yeah here is ur 1st beta tester i will try and report back to you
as i have made backup of original recovery i can surely try few things
but please update links they are not working

Last edited:

nileshtambe

Nov 11, 2011
Has it flashed successfully? Nandroid Backup and restore working fine? I want a clear response from you dude, it's an op material! ;)

yes recovery flashed successfully through mobile uncle tool,
rebooted in cmw recovery made backup
i have not tried restore
i am just asking you is this file structure seems ok

i have spice mi 350 its nandroid backup is different

Last edited:

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
yes recovery flashed successfully through mobile uncle tool,
rebooted in cmw recovery made backup
i have not tried restore
i am just asking you is this file structure seems ok

i have spice mi 350 its nandroid backup is different

Yes, the file structure of the backup is what it should be. And, the size of the backup also seems normal.

Though, in my cwm (I on spice mi 310), there is no folder called blobs. Maybe, that's because you have got a newer version of cwm :p
P.S. Instead of using print screen to take a screenshot of the full screen, use snipping tool in windows 7 to take a snap of only tthe portion you want to.

nileshtambe

Nov 11, 2011
Yes, the file structure of the backup is what it should be. And, the size of the backup also seems normal.

Though, in my cwm (I on spice mi 310), there is no folder called blobs. Maybe, that's because you have got a newer version of cwm :p
P.S. Instead of using print screen to take a screenshot of the full screen, use snipping tool in windows 7 to take a snap of only tthe portion you want to.

backup folder size is 12 mb and blob folder size is 304 mb

nandroid backup generally looks like this on my spice mi 350/lenovo a60

Reactions: tokaides

droidiser

May 24, 2011
Haryana
www.droidiser.com
Last edited:
Reactions: tokaides

frankarora

Feb 13, 2012
New Delhi
Hey all Thanks for helping in rooting MI-500.....:)

Kindly tell the clear steps how to use mobile uncle n flash CWM recovery file...as the language is chinees cant understan......thanks for help in Advance....

nileshtambe

Nov 11, 2011
Hey all Thanks for helping in rooting MI-500.....:)

Kindly tell the clear steps how to use mobile uncle n flash CWM recovery file...as the language is chinees cant understan......thanks for help in Advance....

copy modified recovery cmw to root of ur sd card
start mobile uncle tool press 4th option recovery update
it will show u recovery file in sdcard 2 1st coloum
press that 1st coloum ===it will ask u for flash=== click ok

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi friends and spice mi 500 owners!
    As local devices like mi 500 don't have a separate section for them on xda, here's a specific thread for our mi 500 where you can share everything related to the phone: ROMs, recoveries, themes, games you can play and everything that can be done on an Android.

Rooting your phone:

1. Download Bin4ry rooting tool from his thread.
    2. Install drivers on your windows pc using pdanet.
    3. Connect your phone to your pc.
    4. Unzip Bin4ry's tool and run the RunMe.bat batch script.
    5. Follow the instructions that roll in the command window and you will be done.

A big thanks to Nileshtambe for this.

ClockworkMod ported to Spice Mi 500!
    1. Download CWM or TWRP recovery.
    2. Rename the downloaded file to recovery.img and transfer it to your phone's sd card.
    3. Download Mobile uncle MTK Tools from Play Store.
    4. Open the app and select update recovery.
    5. Select yes in the confirmation dialog and your recovery will be flashed.

Thank you Yuweng for porting CWM, and NileshTambe for confirming it's working.
    spice_mi-500_01.jpg

Specs of Spice Mi 500:
    Dimensions: 143x77.4x10.5 mm
    GSM Phone,Quad-band GSM 850/ 900/ 1800/ 1900
    MHz
    Battery: 2400 mAh
    5" TFT display with 480x800 resolution, 186.59 ppi density and 0.1361 mm dot pitch.
    Weight: 205 g
    Capacitive multitouch touch screen
    Storage:
    Internal: 2.07 GB
    External: upto 32 GB
    Ram: 512 MB
    ROM: 4 GB

CAMERA:
    Secondary/back camera: 5 megapixels with autofocus and dual LED flash
    Primary Camera: 0.3 megapixel

GPS/A-GPS, proximity sensor, accelerometer

The phone is dual Sim and supports dual standby. Other hardware features include 3G, Bluetooth, Wifi and everything else generally found in a phone.

The phone can currently be ordered from saholic for inr 12,499.

Whatever follows ahead is not meant for noobs, neither for those who don't want to risk their devices. Following anything below might lead you to voiding your manufacturer warranty.

P.S. If any developer has got this device, please port clockwork mood recovery to this device. If you have got any specific rooting method that worked for your mi 500, post it below our pm me.
    Invalid imei (solved)

Invalid imei is solved just follow below steps
    * require root access *

copy file containing IMEI codes MP0B_001 with root explorer
    The file containing the IMEI codes (MP0B_001) in Android systems with processor MTK65XX, is in the following location: /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001

copy it to the Desktop with Windows 2000/XP/7

Place it in a folder created called IMEI in C:\Documentes and Settings\User\ and insert the files imei.exe (which i have uploaded in attachment) and MP0B_001.

Now open a cmd window by typing start -> run -> cmd -> chdir C: \ -> chdir C: \ IMEI

Inside the cmd window, type: imei.exe[space] IMEI1 [space] IMEI2 Example : imei.exe 123456789000 123456789000

This will create a new file called MP0B_001_NEW

delete MP0B_001 file

now rename MP0B_001_NEW to MP0B_001

now connect your mobile and send this file in any folder in your mobile

now open root explorer and copy MP0B_001 ( which we make in computer ) to this location
    /data/nvram/md/NVRAM/NVD_IMEI/MP0B_001

overwrite the file and all done

now restart your mobile and your imei is restored

if this tutorial helped hit " THANX "
    Hey Nileshtambe and others, here's v2 of TWRP recovery for Spice Mi 500, check it out and tell if this time it is displaying properly.
    stock rom for mi 500 links to download cheers

http://ge.tt/4YYRNdS

contains
    Catcher Tool_V3.0906.0,
    Drivers,
    FlashTool_v5.1222.00,
    IMEI Tool KC500 Write IMEI MEID,
    Meta Tool,
    stock rom MI-500
    tested working fine thanks for proving new touch recovery its very easy to operate than conventional cmw

You can press the thanks button instead of taking in a reply, that won't count :p