HTC One 2014 screen protector and tempered glass list

Search This thread

mswlogo

Dec 15, 2004
Boston
I ordered one from Amazon.

I also ordered a traditional one too just in case. Never tried one of these before.

CB620

Jan 6, 2009
Got some matte screen protectors. May get a tempered glass if I have the phone long enough.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

nugzo

Apr 20, 2010
Fayetteville, NC.
www.capefearcomputer.com

I ordered two, prime next day! came in today :) I love the way the nillkin is packaged. previous brands have been packaged bad and the glass took a beating.. This is thinner than my previous glass for the m7. Installed easy, feels great, no bubbles! awesome glass!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

Check out this tempered glass screen protector that I just bought for $9.00/shipped... Hopefully it's good but it's def cheap enough to try! :D

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00II97MJ2/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...those suck! i tried 2 on my M7 and they both had bubbles. there is a thread about these in the m7 area.. most have had issues. Notice the title says minimal bubbles lol. I want NO bubbles :) other name brands worked well, no bubbles. The nillikin isnt expensive and is great!

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:07 PM ----------

Came across this tempered glass protector for £5 delivered, definitely worth a try at that price
http://amzn.to/1pyXU46

that one is interesting. first i've ever seen that covers the whole front of the phone, cut outs for the speakers. I cant see that working well but who knows. you're right, at that price its worth a try!

shojus

Jan 9, 2008
GRap
I ordered two, prime next day! came in today :) I love the way the nillkin is packaged. previous brands have been packaged bad and the glass took a beating.. This is thinner than my previous glass for the m7. Installed easy, feels great, no bubbles! awesome glass!

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:04 PM ----------

I hate to be the bearer of bad news...those suck! i tried 2 on my M7 and they both had bubbles. there is a thread about these in the m7 area.. most have had issues. Notice the title says minimal bubbles lol. I want NO bubbles :) other name brands worked well, no bubbles. The nillikin isnt expensive and is great!

Damn you!! ;) lol Well if they don't work good than they will "minimally" be sent back to them... Thanks for the heads up though! The price just increased as well.

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I prefer the MIME ghost glass. I emailed them and they said it would be available a week after release. The MIME on my M7 is the best protector I have ever had. I have tried most out there on one device or another.

Once you go glass, you can never go back to PET.

Reactions: nugzo

Nippero

Oct 13, 2008
New York, NY
Any opinions on Rhino Shield and Impact Shield?

I think Rhino Shield was the original impact resistant protector (funded on Kickstarter).

Impact Shield costs slightly more and is already available. Rhino Shield for M8 is coming soon.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
I prefer the MIME ghost glass. I emailed them and they said it would be available a week after release. The MIME on my M7 is the best protector I have ever had. I have tried most out there on one device or another.

Once you go glass, you can never go back to PET.

Does this leave fingerprints and smudges behind? My gf and I signed up with Verizon the other day and they had a tempered glass for her iPhone 5s and it's amazing! Don't remember the brand but the feel is unreal and hardly any smudges or prints on it after a full day use!

They only had generic Verizon branded screen protectors for the M8 device in the store so they put on of those on for me. Like a zagg/plastic feel and collects prints and smudges like no other.

I'm really interested in going tempered glass after feeling it on my gf's iPhone, night and day compared to anything on the market that is Not tempered glass!

Looking for one that has no prints or smudges especially since i have oily skin. Thanks!

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
Does this leave fingerprints and smudges behind? My gf and I signed up with Verizon the other day and they had a tempered glass for her iPhone 5s and it's amazing! Don't remember the brand but the feel is unreal and hardly any smudges or prints on it after a full day use!

They only had generic Verizon branded screen protectors for the M8 device in the store so they put on of those on for me. Like a zagg/plastic feel and collects prints and smudges like no other.

I'm really interested in going tempered glass after feeling it on my gf's iPhone, night and day compared to anything on the market that is Not tempered glass!

Looking for one that has no prints or smudges especially since i have oily skin. Thanks!

The MIME has the coating that resists fingerprints but no screen protector can eliminate them totally.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
The MIME has the coating that resists fingerprints but no screen protector can eliminate them totally.

I understand nothing is perfect of course but someone stated above a tempered glass that gets smudges and prints really bad. Trying best to avoid this.

Also, I'm terrible at installing screen protectors, always get bubbles. Are these tempered glass one easy to install with no bubbles since u basically only get one? Thanks!

Mike02z

Feb 3, 2012
Greenville, SC
OnePlus 9 Pro
I understand nothing is perfect of course but someone stated above a tempered glass that gets smudges and prints really bad. Trying best to avoid this.

Also, I'm terrible at installing screen protectors, always get bubbles. Are these tempered glass one easy to install with no bubbles since u basically only get one? Thanks!

Gotcha. I have had the MIME on my M7 since a week after getting it. It resists fingerprints and smudges better than the naked glass but I still get them. They are easily removed with a wipe.

I have the same issue with screen protectors. Most say they need to be installed in a dust free area. Not sure many of us have "clean rooms" :)

The MIME was very easy to install and had no bubbles. I did have to reposition it once after initial install but it came off easily and went back on with no bubbles.

If you have a dusty room, no screen protector will totally avoid dust bubles but you should not get them if there is no dust on the screen. Since these are glass, they are not as flexible as the PET protectors and thus are less prone to air bubbles.

regalpimpin

Jun 21, 2010
I've already ordered the iblason tempered glass off amazon. I used one for my nexus 7, before any others were available and it's actually been really good. And it's cheap.
But I'm also going to be rocking the Mime once they're available. They have the best customer service. They're supposed to just give you a discount if you break the protector.. Or have any issues and need replacement.

On multiple occasions, they've just sent me a code for a replacement no questions asked. They've made me a lifetime customer. As for their quality, they can only be compared to spigen. Simply the best.
Until they come out with a feather+ for the One, I'd actually recommend the thicker ghost glass because the edges will be rounded and you won't have a sharp edge. Even though the feather is much thinner.

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007
Gotcha. I have had the MIME on my M7 since a week after getting it. It resists fingerprints and smudges better than the naked glass but I still get them. They are easily removed with a wipe.

I have the same issue with screen protectors. Most say they need to be installed in a dust free area. Not sure many of us have "clean rooms" :)

The MIME was very easy to install and had no bubbles. I did have to reposition it once after initial install but it came off easily and went back on with no bubbles.

If you have a dusty room, no screen protector will totally avoid dust bubles but you should not get them if there is no dust on the screen. Since these are glass, they are not as flexible as the PET protectors and thus are less prone to air bubbles.

Perfect, thank you for all the info. Let us know when you get it as i'll for sure be interested!

Top Liked Posts