★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

Search This thread

finanandroid

Oct 11, 2010
Virginia
Any gsm users having any issue's?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Free mobile app

Ok am in Straight Talk GSM At&t.
The only issue noted in this Rom is when you talk to "OK Google " search bar
there is a buzz sound trigger out, however doesn't bother my search experience.
some user claim GPS doesn't lock, Not my case GPS lock instantly after version 1.0.2
was fixed in version 1.0.4 which I recommend over 1.0.6.

Version 1.0.4 out of the box Rom, performs outstanding.

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52056771&postcount=78

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=52177087&postcount=138

Reactions: tdizzle404

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
Why is it these GPE roms never seem to get any support/updates compared to their Sense cousins?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using XDA Free mobile app

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Why is it these GPE roms never seem to get any support/updates compared to their Sense cousins?

How many different sense bases are there?
How many GPE bases are there?
What is it you are expecting or looking for?
I am one person...

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

iHateWebOS

Aug 20, 2012
atglen,pa

Why would you post this question? Did you think santod040 was gonna say "you're totally right bro, let me get this updated right away for you".

Gotta love the users.......

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB_Da_Greatest

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
How many different sense bases are there?
How many GPE bases are there?
What is it you are expecting or looking for?
I am one person...

Why would you post this question? Did you think santod040 was gonna say "you're totally right bro, let me get this updated right away for you".

Gotta love the users.......

I was just generally curious as to why, in general, the GPE roms don't get the same support that their Sense brethren do. I'm guessing it's more difficult to port them to the DNA than a stock Sense rom would be, but does that hold true for a modified Sense rom? For this phone, at least, each iteration of the GPE rom (Newts/Blackout/TikTak) has gotten less support than that developer's stock/modified Sense rom(s), and I was just wondering why that is. It wasn't intended as an attack on you or any other developer, and I apologize if I didn't word it clearly enough and that's how it came across.

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I was just generally curious as to why, in general, the GPE roms don't get the same support that their Sense brethren do. I'm guessing it's more difficult to port them to the DNA than a stock Sense rom would be, but does that hold true for a modified Sense rom? For this phone, at least, each iteration of the GPE rom (Newts/Blackout/TikTak) has gotten less support than that developer's stock/modified Sense rom(s), and I was just wondering why that is. It wasn't intended as an attack on you or any other developer, and I apologize if I didn't word it clearly enough and that's how it came across.

Well, hopefully I did answer your question, as that was my intention with my response.
Each version of Sense (Sense 5, 5.5, 6.0) has multiple revisions(release key versions) which bring fixes, new features, and variations from one devices base to another.
Google Play Edition, has had one version per Android version.
There are not 15 different HTC devices getting variations of GPE, there are 2.
I have ported them both, not much more to work with, if you catch what I was originally getting at...

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
Well, hopefully I did answer your question, as that was my intention with my response.
Each version of Sense (Sense 5, 5.5, 6.0) has multiple revisions(release key versions) which bring fixes, new features, and variations from one devices base to another.
Google Play Edition, has had one version per Android version.
There are not 15 different HTC devices getting variations of GPE, there are 2.
I have ported them both, not much more to work with, if you catch what I was originally getting at...

You certainly did! Thanks for the answer and also for the great rom!

johnwaug

Nov 24, 2012
I just noticed that the new Google camera is force closing when trying to do panoramas or 360 pics. Is this just me or known issue?

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I just noticed that the new Google camera is force closing when trying to do panoramas or 360 pics. Is this just me or known issue?

That's currently a known issue in this port, but only if you updated from the one included in the GPE base.
The one that was included in the rom, works.

Reactions: johnwaug

Jeepin

Feb 16, 2011
Screen timeout during call issue.....

I believe I may have found a bug.... During phone calls my screen doesn't "lock or sleep" when talking. What I mean is, it goes dark when held to my face or the sensor is covered it is still a functional touch screen. So even though nothing is displayed, if anything touches the screen, like my face, it will access touch screen functions as if the screen was awake. I have called my voice mail during calls, accessed deep into the menu and activated other apps unintentionally while on calls. I have ended up hanging up on people several times because of this. Has anyone else discovered this as an issue? You can test by placing a call, covering the sensor so the screen blacks out then touch the screen where you know you can access something like a clock widget or even the notification bar then uncover the sensor to see if anything was activated.

Other than that, this is the best overall functioning ROM I've used on my DNA. I really appreciate all the work put into the development of this.
If it turns out just being my phone, I'll deal with it. Don't really like talking on the phone much anyway!;)

I should mention I am on the latest 1.0.6 release

Thanks again!!

Last edited:

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
I believe I may have found a bug.... During phone calls my screen doesn't "lock or sleep" when talking. What I mean is, it goes dark when held to my face or the sensor is covered it is still a functional touch screen. So even though nothing is displayed, if anything touches the screen, like my face, it will access touch screen functions as if the screen was awake. I have called my voice mail during calls, accessed deep into the menu and activated other apps unintentionally while on calls. I have ended up hanging up on people several times because of this. Has anyone else discovered this as an issue? You can test by placing a call, covering the sensor so the screen blacks out then touch the screen where you know you can access something like a clock widget or even the notification bar then uncover the sensor to see if anything was activated.

Other than that, this is the best overall functioning ROM I've used on my DNA. I really appreciate all the work put into the development of this.
If it turns out just being my phone, I'll deal with it. Don't really like talking on the phone much anyway!;)

Thanks again!!

Yup, same issue here. Talked to my daughter last week about an hour before I went to bed, and somehow managed to change the time zone so I got up 3 hours early for work.

JPHoller

Jun 7, 2011
Youngstown

Thanks again!!

I have had this happen on this ROM and others. I thought it was proximity sensor, installed and set up rezound proximity app from play store and still had issue. Then I thought it was due to running kernels with S2W features, as I would be deep into my settings and calling voicemail as well. Still not sure if that has anything to do with it as I have noticed it happening (though extremely less frequently) on other ROMs kernels.

webeougher

Jan 24, 2009
Anyone who's had issues with GPS have any luck getting it working? In version 1.0.6, it worked the first day I installed it, but every time I've tried to use Google Maps Navigation since then, it'll get a lock and then immediately lose it. I've tried clean installs, running the stock kernel, running the alternate kernel, and running several versions of the IHate kernel, all with no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

tiKtaK ROM

Android 4.4.2
    KitKat
    Google Edition Rom

All New 2014 HTC One
    m8 series: KOT49H.H16 release-keys

Stock Google Edition 4.4.2

attachment.php

tiKtaK ROM

Stock port of the m8 Google Edition series

ABOUT:

This is based off of the New 2014 HTC One (m8) Google Edition and is considered experimental.
    This thread will be just for my m8 2014 GPE port for the Droid Dna. (m7 version not posted)

Superuser and all of your Google apps come preloaded. (no Gapps needed)
    I have found the rom to be stable enough, that I felt it was time to share.
    This rom will progress and change as Kitkat evolves and when new versions of Google Edition become available.
    I hope that you enjoy the tiKtaK experience. :)

Credits/Thanks:
    CM
    HTC
    Zarboz
    Flyhalf
    All other devs that have contributed to the dlx, m7, m8, and Android in general!

Requirements:

You must have at least an unlocked bootloader!
    You should have the latest radio and firmware/hboot
    You must be running a recent version of CWM or TWRP Recovery

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Sharing Policy:[/COLOR][/B]
    If you would like to use this rom or parts of this rom, in your own, you must ask me for permission first!
    Please do this via PM, so as not to distract from the purpose of the thread.
    These matters are best dealt with privately, for everyone's sake.
    Thanks for your undertanding and consideration.
    Violators of the above, will be reported to XDA Moderation for proper handling.

Downloads:

***NEW Experimental Series based off of the m8 Google Edition (2014) series
    tiKtaK-2014-GoogleEdition-1.0.6_KOT49H.H16 04-26-14

Mirrors

To enable Google Home on the Launcher:
    Sign into Google and run the Google Search app in the drawer.

_______

Known Issues:
    None that I know of... :)

Old Versions:

Wanna buy me a coffee to keep me going?
    CLICK HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ ☆ tiKtaK ROM | Google Edition ☆ ★, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    santod040
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest firmware and radios
    Based On: Google Edition

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC1.0.6-KOT49H.H16
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-14
    Current Beta Version: RC1.0.1-KOT49H.H16
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-14

Created 2014-04-14
    Last Updated 2014-04-26
    Observations:

1) Battery life is great with ART enabled. I had about 10% more today when I got home compared to normal. (60%+ compared to the normal 50%, over an hour of screen time)

2) GPS doesn't work. Apps like Waze tell me the gps isn't turned on but it is.

3) Google search/now is not nearly as responsive with the hot word. I noticed last night and today in the car. I had to say OK Google so many times and then it finally worked when I pulled the phone closer to my face where it's been working in my dash mount for months. Is it possible it is using the wrong mic?

That's about it. Not complaining because this ROM is great. Bluetooth audio works which is a surprise considering unsense was garbled for me.

Huge fan. Great work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1.) :)

2.) Fixed

3.) Fixed

Also fixed compatibility with the Google Camera update in the Play Store.

Update coming tonight...
    RC 1.0.4 is done uploading.
    It's basically just GPS that was fixed, as the mic changes I wanted to make were causing other issues, so I reverted them for now.
    Will continue to look into improving that feature/voice search/Ok Google...
    Hope this is better then no update for now at least. :good:
    GPS location lock resolved?

Just what's in the changelog for now.
    I wanted to get all three versions(m7vzw,m7ul,dna) of this back to being ART compatible and this one on Official Dna kernel sources.
    I will look into improving on that next.
    UPDATED!~

RC1.0.6
    ART compatibility fixed up!
    Added Featured NuK3rn3l w/ working wifi N and wake options