[Q] Problem installing ROMs (status 0)

Search This thread
I wanted to try a KitKat ROM so i downloaded a couple on PC and transferred to SD card. I did a backup (which really saved me lol) and then, as instructed , formatted system, data, and cache. Wiped Dalvik and flashed ROM (Paranoid Android 4.0). It started but after the "installing update" message I got a error message " error /location of zip/name of zip (status0)". I thought it meant that the zip was corrupted so i downloaded on PC again. Transferred to SD and tried to install following the same stepsand got the error again. After that I tried to install another ROM(Validus 5.1) and still got the error. Decided to restore and see if i could get help before trying again. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks in advance for any help

EDIT can dev please move I thought i was posting in troubleshooting section. Sorry

Last edited:

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
I wanted to try a KitKat ROM so i downloaded a couple on PC and transferred to SD card. I did a backup (which really saved me lol) and then, as instructed , formatted system, data, and cache. Wiped Dalvik and flashed ROM (Paranoid Android 4.0). It started but after the "installing update" message I got a error message " error /location of zip/name of zip (status0)". I thought it meant that the zip was corrupted so i downloaded on PC again. Transferred to SD and tried to install following the same stepsand got the error again. After that I tried to install another ROM(Validus 5.1) and still got the error. Decided to restore and see if i could get help before trying again. Any ideas what is wrong? Thanks in advance for any help

EDIT can dev please move I thought i was posting in troubleshooting section. Sorry

Are you using the most recent version of TWRP, CWM, or Philz recovery? Are you currently running a custom ROM?

EDIT: Thread reported to mod as "Thread needs moving or maintenance."

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Are you using the most recent version of TWRP, CWM, or Philz recovery? Are you currently running a custom ROM?

EDIT: Thread reported to mod as "Thread needs moving or maintenance."

I'm using a custom ROM right now, I don't know if the Philz I have is the most recent. Would that cause errors? How would i know what version I have installed.

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
I'm using a custom ROM right now, I don't know if the Philz I have is the most recent. Would that cause errors? How would i know what version I have installed.

If the version of Philz you are using is from JB then that could cause the errors.

If the version of Philz you are using is from JB then that could cause the errors.

ok I installed CWM recovery v6.0.1.2. I tried installing Paranoid Android again and after it got to Installing Update I got a message

set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
E:Error in /external_sd/zips/pa_p3113-4.3-BETA4-20140513.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
ok I installed CWM recovery v6.0.1.2. I tried installing Paranoid Android again and after it got to Installing Update I got a message

(Status 7)
Installation aborted.

Status 7 means that your recovery is out of date. I am running AOSPA Beta4 on my p3113 and installed it using the latest TWRP from the below thread. The version of cwm in that thread should also work.

Latest recoveries: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2548257

Last edited:
Reactions: explicitKC

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
TY i'll download and try, Is there a recommended recovery? Or is it just personal preference?

I am currently using TWRP, but I have used PhilzTouch in the past. They both work pretty well. TWRP has bigger buttons that are spaced out better and has an easier interface to use. PhilzTouch has some other features but isn't as polished. It is just a matter of personal preference. Some Roms will have a recommended recovery listed, though.

Also, to make sure that the zip you download isn't corrupted, check the md5 of the zip you download against the md5 on the download page.

Last edited:

lokesh.3440

Apr 24, 2012
Shimla
Biggest advantage of using Phillz touch is that it can detect OTG cable,so you can flash ROMs from USB device as well;on the other hand, TWRP allows you to flash 10 zips at the same time,it will release the overhead of selecting Zip one after another manually. So choose your options wisely.
Edit:-
One more thing I would like to add,Phillz touch blackhawk supports dual-booting through next kernel

Last edited:

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
Biggest advantage of using Phillz touch is that it can detect OTG cable,so you can flash ROMs from USB device as well;on the other hand, TWRP allows you to flash 10 zips at the same time,it will release the overhead of selecting Zip one after another manually. So choose your options wisely.

The version of TWRP I linked to also supports otg.

Reactions: explicitKC

jrc2

Nov 7, 2013
really,which one are you referring to ? TWRP 2.7.0.3 ?

I am currently using 2.7.0.1 but 2.7.0.3 also has it. The one that I linked to was compiled by Android-Andi

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA mobile app

Attachments

• 1400669953317.jpg
    1400669953317.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 1400669988654.jpg
    1400669988654.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 18
Status 7 means that your recovery is out of date. I am running AOSPA Beta4 on my p3113 and installed it using the latest TWRP from the below thread. The version of cwm in that thread should also work.

Just wanted to say thanks again to jrc2. I went with TWRP because backup to sd card was not working on CWM and Philz. Backup would start and in the middle of backing up data or system tab would just reboot. But TWRP looks ok and flashed with no problems.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

(Status 7)
    Installation aborted.

The version of TWRP I linked to also supports otg.