How to fix a bad radio flash ? "no gsm" on boot

Search This thread

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
Hi, i've bough a p3600 on ebay.
The seller tell me the phone is out because he flash a bad radio version on the phone.

I try to upgrade some file. ( Rom OS, Radio, SPL,etc ...)

I try the splexploit...

BUT ... The phone already stay on startup. i can see HTC startup screen,the windows startup screen ...but never the today screen.

I try hard reset, htc official rom, cookeed rom,...but when i flash a rom with "gsm", the update freeze at 13%
I try with usb and with sdcard..same thing, already stay at 13% !
But if i flash hard spl, 100%, if i flash OS, 100%, just the radio freeze at 13% :(

Any idea please ?

Last edited:

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
update

after the boot, i've got a "no gsm" message near the radio version

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
other people got the same problem like me ...

God oli, help me please :)

jcsjcs100

Dec 2, 2007
Hi, updating the radio to 1.56 crashed, now I have the No gsm message and doesn't boot, running mtty from bootloader with info2 command it says supercid but I can't update any official rom SPA, WWE, ITA... the error is "vender id invalid". I've tried the sd method but returns to bootloader .
Any help will be appreciated.

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
doesn't work :(

try again and again ...the phone block at 13% ( when the radio upgrade begin) ...
pfffff

macars

Jun 30, 2007
I've the same problem and after several attempts without result I sent the phone to the workshop and they told me the problem is with the main board! (this cost almost the price of phone itself). Moreover, I've seen some where here that the problem could be caused by radio chip but I couldnt get the detail.
If you find a solution give me a tip.

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
i've test lot of thing.

I progress with mtty. but i've got a problem ..i can't downgrade the phone under SPL 1.05.

SPL 1.04 can "reset" the radio, or enter directly to the radio bootloader. With that, i can save my phone.

Try mmty (see the wiki => bootloader info) and with the mfg spl, you can try the method.

oviplokos1

Aug 18, 2008
Guys,
I've got the same problem...
I've sim and cid unlocked my spv m700 some time ago, using wonderful software from pof. Everything went smooth.
Today I've decided to update radio rom to 1.38.00.11 to enable gps.
I've launched RUU, everything was ok till 44%, when I've got message "Communication error".
After that program tried to recover rom without success, I've got another message "Image corrupted"...
I've tried to reboot my spv (both SR and HR), after rebooting I see:

M 05
B 05 D 1.23

then those symbols disappear and I see only Orange logo.
That's it... The end...
Should I reload radio rom or both rom and radio rom to my DEAD spv? If yes - how?
Please help as I'm very disappointed, frustrated and so on! :eek::eek::eek:
Thank you!

Update: A-A-A!!! I did it! I revived my spv! Let me explain how (I'm kinda new to all this rom and and ssl things, so forgive me for mistakes, if there are any):
1 I ran unbrick software. Yesterday it did not work (said, that could not find smth), but today it worked fine.
2 I ran RUU and BINGO! That's it!
BTW, I have vista, but it still worked (I think, thanks to Windows Mobile Device Center, which I have installed).
Also, I killed wmd process in Task manager in the beginning (have read this recommendation somewhere).
Thanks to everybody for their help!

Last edited:

macars

Jun 30, 2007
nyco,
could you please explain briefly what you did exactly and which radio and rom you used
thanks and regards

macars

Jun 30, 2007
Thanks stepw...
when I hit task 2A nothing happens.

Original ROM doesnt respond. I flash with cooked ones. Result 100% successful. I restart the phone- hang at boot screen.

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
Flash HSPL, then issue task 2A command from mtty. Flash full ROM.

Hi,

I'm already under the hard SPL. and "task 2A" not working.

Macars, try only with radio ripped or full original rom (from htc or cooked with radio) because some cooked rom have only OS.
Can you tell me what SPL you have?
Hard SPL?
Have you try splxploit ?

Can you tell me what rom you try oviplokos1 ?

macars

Jun 30, 2007
thanks,
it shows SPL 9.99 and with this I cannot flash anything so what I do is to update with splxploit and then the phone changes to SPL 1.2 olipro. With 1.2 I can only flash coocked ROM and will go until the end 100% successful- (original ROM the phone does not respond), but when restarts with newly loaded cooked ROM the phone hangs at window login screen and when put it in bootloader the SPL 9.99 returns again....:mad: the story goes on like this.

I'm becoming mad....:confused:

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
hi,

you can only flash cooked rom because the rom you flash contains only OS. When you flash HTC rom, the rom contains os+radio+spl+....other thing ...

Try this method to downgrade your SPL (9.99) to oli 3.20 :
1°) run splxploit
2°)when the phone reboot on the spl 1.20 oli, run HardSPL 3.20 olipro. (search on the wiki or the trinity forum
3°)upgrade to 3.20 oli ...

Now, when you go to the bootloader, you can see SPL 3.20 oli.

Try reflashing a radio only (see the upgrading topic, you will see radio 1.56.xxxx)

Tell me if this method work.

When i'm on spl 3.20 oli, i can load radio rom to 0%
when I downgrade my phone to spl 1.05, and i can run the upgrading to 7% (best score :D)

To downgrade to SPL 1.05:
edit the "unbrick.bat" on the splxploit folder.
Replace TRIN_HardSPL.nb to TRIN_SPL105.nb

try to find SPL 1.04. I'm sure if i got the spl 1.04 i can revive the phone ;)

macars

Jun 30, 2007
Did exactly as you said final result:

When i'm on spl 3.20 oli, i can load radio rom to 0% (and stays there :mad: )

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
hi,

ok, try to load spl 1.05 with splxploit, and when it is load, run radio upgrade (1.56.xxxx)

Try to find spl 1.04 and mtty it can be reset the radio bootloader ;)

if you find 1.04, give me it :)

macars

Jun 30, 2007
hi nyco,
I tried with SPL 1.05 the result is the same as your reaches 7% and restarts. I'm still trying to find SPL 1.04 I found one for Hermes I tried but didnt work failed.:eek:

nyco

Apr 26, 2006
hi nyco,
I tried with SPL 1.05 the result is the same as your reaches 7% and restarts. I'm still trying to find SPL 1.04 I found one for Hermes I tried but didnt work failed.:eek:

arf :/
You got exactly the same problem i have.

did you check if you have bad block (with mtty)
try format the phone with mtty.
i contact pof, but he doesn't answer me :(