[ROM][Evita] Official Evervolv 4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jburkco

May 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Is it the Play Store from the Google Apps install that's messed up? Isn't it the same build from CM9? Or does this ROM theme it?

Also is the Dual Core mod working with this? I know it's working with CM9 Alpha 4, maybe roll it in?

Can't wait to install, thanks for the hard work.

Last edited:

rohan32

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
Is it the Play Store from the Google Apps install that's messed up? Isn't it the same build from CM9? Or does this ROM theme it?

Also is the Dual Core mod working with this? I know it's working with CM9 Alpha 4, maybe roll it in?

Can't wait to install, thanks for the hard work.

Nope I believe the play store is messed up because of the ROM since it works fine in other ROMs

And it should work fine, I will put it into the next release if the dev who made it allows me to

jburkco

May 14, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Ugh, can't use the Market, so back to CM9 for now.

---------- Post added at 08:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:14 PM ----------

How did you get multitouch to work? Something that can be applied to CM9?

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a
market and apps

Just flashed and did a few things. Noticed none of my zips I use on other rooms work (OK for now) market works fine for me just too black for me but works fine. Only problem is some apps won't load, like my banking app opens and trys to load then exits saying it has stopped. Data/factory reset doesn't work neither does cache or dalvik wipe. I understand this is a new from as well, so I'm going to keep it for now so I don't have to do a full wipe on the next build to see how it works. Thanks again for The new from and looking forward to some good updates.

---------- Post added at 02:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Just flashed and did a few things. Noticed none of my zips I use on other rooms work (OK for now) market works fine for me just too black for me but works fine. Only problem is some apps won't load, like my banking app opens and trys to load then exits saying it has stopped. Data/factory reset doesn't work neither does cache or dalvik wipe. I understand this is a new from as well, so I'm going to keep it for now so I don't have to do a full wipe on the next build to see how it works. Thanks again for Tue new from and looking forward to some good updates.

By data/factory and cache and dalvik wipes I mean for apps not for the rom or that recovery has stopped working. Just thought I'd add that.

Last edited:

mcg

May 10, 2007
Toronto
That damn multitouch issue, also present in CM9 Alpha. I wonder how we can get rid of this? This is one big annoyance that is keeping me off AOSP Roms... ugh! lol

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
That damn multitouch issue, also present in CM9 Alpha. I wonder how we can get rid of this? This is one big annoyance that is keeping me off AOSP Roms... ugh! lol

I feel your pain, I can't wait to run some AOSP Roms on my devices but I really love my FPS games like NOVA haha.

As for the market, I think its something wrong with a missing texture. I need to figure this out soon, its really annoying.

And also, if you guys could provide logcats for apps that force close when they work on other AOSP ROMs it would be greatly appreciated. Or if you could tell me the name of the app that is force closing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

kleeman7

Nov 4, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S20
I feel your pain, I can't wait to run some AOSP Roms on my devices but I really love my FPS games like NOVA haha.

As for the market, I think its something wrong with a missing texture. I need to figure this out soon, its really annoying.

And also, if you guys could provide logcats for apps that force close when they work on other AOSP ROMs it would be greatly appreciated. Or if you could tell me the name of the app that is force closing it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I'm running sense Rom again, but I couldn't get es file explorer to open.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

rob219

Jul 11, 2010
here and there
Google Pixel 7a

Right now its just my bank app. Its in the market as ally bank. It wouldn't work on clean rom dev if I converted my database to rollback or wall, but it just doesn't work on a fresh install, journal, or wall on this rom yet.

jjcandroid2012

Jun 18, 2012
Denver
Thanks! Also did anyone notice there is no way to turn off GPS beside the power widget? I mean I don't mind it but sometimes Widgets take power...just was wondering

rohan32

Nov 27, 2011
New Jersey
rmathur.com
My keyboard is fine in landscape, try reflashing and wiping caches again?
As for connectivity, if it works in CM9 it should work here. I don't have LTE where I'm at right now so I can't test.

jjcandroid2012

Jun 18, 2012
Denver
My keyboard is fine in landscape, try reflashing and wiping caches again?
As for connectivity, if it works in CM9 it should work here. I don't have LTE where I'm at right now so I can't test.

Same here with keyboard... don't people have to change apn or something like that and I have read that the lte icon isn't working yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

attachment.php

Evervolv is a free, community built distribution of Android 4.1 (Jellybean) which greatly extends the capabilities of your phone.

Code:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

im on freenode #htc-one-xl a lot so if you want join me there.

Rom Installation:

Wipe Data, Cache, and system (optional but recommended, this will be the first question if you have FCs or random reboots)
    Flash the ROM
    Extract boot.img from zip file and run command "fastboot flash boot boot.img"
    Flash GApps
    Reboot into the system (first boot will take several minutes)

Download

GApps

Screenshots

Changelog:
    Code:
    For an updated changelog look here  http://review.evervolv.com/#/q/status:merged,n,z

2012-12-4
    Fixed Bluetooth -- Thanks h8rift

2012-12-3
    Original upload

Working:
    -Camera
    -Sound
    -Phone calling
    -Data
    -SMS
    -MMS
    -Wifi
    -Charging LED
    -Camcorder
    -Bluetooth

Broken: (In order of importance)

Donations: Ok, so im not the type thats going to say "if you donate you will get special access." (yes i got asked this already, which is the point of this writing) Sorry, just not my style. Not trying to make money. But donations are welcome. Maybe I will get to work more on it if I can take the wifey out for dinner :). Thanks for all you guys support. Link in signature

h8rift - His device is the one I started with
    Evervolv team. Obviously
    preludedrew - For helping a lot
    So just an update on this. I will be taking over as official maintainer for this ROM. When rereleased it should be jellybean 4.2. I am currently on vacation but I will sneak some time in working on this

Sent from my One V using xda premium
    Well uploaded new build with fixed bluetooth. Thanks to h8rift for that. Im going to call this build final. My future focus will be 4.2