We now have root! Website is live.

Search This thread
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in awhile. Been offshore working. I want to upgrade to the latest firmware but I don't know all the tricks to do so. I'm only rooted as of now. Can someone please help me? The version I'm on is shown in picture.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Attachments

• 1417146897475.jpg
    1417146897475.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 605

mrkhigh

Dec 6, 2012
Google Pixel 2
Google Pixel 3
Do you require root again?

Remove any root changes you made.
Unfreeze all frozen apps
Remove all programs that require root and their data
Go into SuperSU and choose remove root
Reboot a few times to get rid of lock screen custom

Check for updates.

Sent from my XT907 using XDA Free mobile app

JMH82

Nov 16, 2014
I believe you can still Odin back to stock nc2 (read up on it but I think so) then use towel root.

It did work! I used the 4 files stock NC2 and towelroot to regain root. No issues and I'm back to stock root! Thank you. Now time to read up on this safe strap stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium App

Do you require root again?

Remove any root changes you made.
Unfreeze all frozen apps
Remove all programs that require root and their data
Go into SuperSU and choose remove root
Reboot a few times to get rid of lock screen custom

Check for updates.

Yes, I want root again when I update it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

K-alz

Jun 7, 2013
I've messed up and did the update to NJ5 4.4.4 without reading up on ANYTHING....I wanna cry now. Maybe I'll just shoot myself. I've been out of the loop for a while now on this stuff, but was able to come across towelroot and get my phone rooted not too long ago and now AT&T has made things....I don't know....F'ed up. I didn't know anything about this Safestrap stuff. What happened to the good ol days where it was easy to fix things? :( DO NOT DO THE OTA UPDATE IF YOU WANT ROOT...I probably don't have to tell you all that huh? ;) Hopefully one of my family members is able to reflash my phone since she works at a AT&T repair/refurb center. I sent her a text and she said she doesn't think her computers have been updated to the 4.4.4 yet. Heres hoping she can do something.
You're fine dude. You can still odin back to NC2 with no problem.

from my note 3

Top Liked Posts