Keep having data issues on my N5

Search This thread

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
So I had this issue with 4.4.2,.3, and now .4 radios. Sometimes when I switch from WIFI to LTE or from No Signal to 5 bars of LTE, data does not reconnect and I either have to wait or reboot the phone. Its extremely annoying. I am on Stock ROM rooted with Franco Kernel and currently on 4.4.3 with 4.4.4 radio. Anyone know whats going on?

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
Also, I do get 3-5 bars of LTE in status bar but when I try to accessing internet I get nothing, be it in Chrome or any another app

Last edited:

simms22

Recognized Contributor - R.I.P
Jun 4, 2009
BROOKLYN!
www.androidcommunity.com
well, its a known issue on the n5. it doesnt affect me much, as i reconnect to lte very fast and immediately have data. but, every once in a while, itll show me that im connected, but data stops flowing. at that point i turn on airplane mode, let it disconnect, then reenable it. data always starts flowing immediately after that.

kolyan

Jan 8, 2008
well, its a known issue on the n5. it doesnt affect me much, as i reconnect to lte very fast and immediately have data. but, every once in a while, itll show me that im connected, but data stops flowing. at that point i turn on airplane mode, let it disconnect, then reenable it. data always starts flowing immediately after that.

I see. Why wouldn't they fix it? We had 2 updates already and I actually got it even worse now

MrObvious

Mar 1, 2008
Wichita KS
It could be a tower issue. I have also seen weird things where it tries to connect and when I look at the actual field test app it shows it is on say LTE but reports in Android as searching for signal. A quick test shows the APN may be at fault. I know it sounds weird but for me on Cricket if I delete the APN LTE goes away. I put it back and LTE magically appears.

Also when I had Sprint I noticed there was a weirdness in that you could have an APN for EHRPD EVDO as a bearer or LTE as a bearer but not both it seemed so it would flawlessly connect to LTE but not EHRPD or vice versa.

If you know the APN is right then it may be a tower issue. Some towers may not broadcast LTE near you but ones slightly further away do so the phone may not connect right away.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app