[ROM/MOD][The Family]Redemption v1.1-Alpha21r2 - 6/24/12

Search This thread

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
I don't know if this is what the convo is about but... to sign into palringo you have to have a palringo account and that requires a password.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

t4duzan

Jan 16, 2011
Big D
Up until a week ago, I was still running version 10. I switched to 13 because I couldn't get my data to stay switched on. I could manually switch it, but within 10 seconds it would turn off. Also wifi would lose connection after a couple of hours and I'd have to turn it off and turn it back on for it to pick up the connection again. 13 has not fixed this issue, so I'm a little confused because it sounds like a firmware issue. I did a couple of fresh wipes thinking I did something wrong. Has anyone had any issues like this? I'll be checking back as you guys are the only ones I trust with my phone.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA

I didn't want to leave my question unanswered, so I'm posting back to let others know what the problem was that I was having. Come to find out, it was the app Juice Defender. It was not managing correctly, so I in-installed it and re-installed it and that fixed my problem.

Thanks again for the help through Palringo Chris.

Reactions: cwhitney24

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
I didn't want to leave my question unanswered, so I'm posting back to let others know what the problem was that I was having. Come to find out, it was the app Juice Defender. It was not managing correctly, so I in-installed it and re-installed it and that fixed my problem.

Thanks again for the help through Palringo Chris.

No prob. Glad to help.

"I love my Springfield XD40"

biglittlegato

Jun 4, 2009
Cali
Yeah it was a small oversight, but everything else was right. Btw...17 is being tested. If you'd like to test it out, then drop by on Pal.

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A16, 17, 18, 19, 20. There now I'm covered for a few days :D

Yeah, ran 16 for about 8 hours. Found 17 while still setting up and had to download.

Sent using the power of the dark side.

cwhitney24

Jun 12, 2011
Daphne, AL
Hey guys, please don't forget that we shouldn't confuse people that are running the current release listed in the OP. We should only be doing the bug work and discussion in palringo for all the other alpha releases that joe comes out with every night. If you want to be a tester the great! Just come on in the room!

"I am the Bacon Pope"

joedeuce

Feb 14, 2008
NW Georgia
Google Pixel 6a
also, a little temporary side project until someone figures out what broke Netflix....

download RedHybrid 1.0.3 from goo manager or the link in the OP (then click hybrid folder)

Netflix works on the hybrid, and a few of us have been running it all day and it is solid.

if you have problems with hybrid, please post to the redemption q&a thread.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2

joedeuce

Feb 14, 2008
NW Georgia
Google Pixel 6a
also, a little temporary side project until someone figures out what broke Netflix....

download RedHybrid 1.0.3 from goo manager or the link in the OP (then click hybrid folder)

Netflix works on the hybrid, and a few of us have been running it all day and it is solid.

if you have problems with hybrid, please post to the redemption q&a thread.

note that this post is about hybrid ROM. alpha19 has no freeze problem.

lmao... ok, I post that and 1 minute later I get a.freeze. you can reproduce by using stock browser and using backspace to delete.characters in the address bar. I may have a.fix for it tomorrow. still, a decently solid ROM considering it is primarily for people who enjoy their Netflix.

just wanted to share that. haven't tried other browsers, but the freeze may happen when backspacing in other text boxes, although it hasn't for me yet.

Last edited:

noamaniac

Oct 14, 2007
NJ
P58Dv5MS
I'll call that a win. :) too bad this may be my last post. SgsIII on its way... thank you Joe for an awesome Rom. Hopefully see some of you over there.

Hrm, can't get the image to post but if you open in new window you can see my battery uptime :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Pick_A_Name

luciano.chavez

Mar 18, 2012
Well, my wife caved on Father's day and granted me my wish to finally root and flash her HTC Inspire with Redemption! My wife isn't as welcome to change as I am but given I have been pretty happy running Red on my phone for a few months, she finally said it was OK.

Thanks y'all! I've been running Red since build number 3 and been enjoying it every day. Keep up the great work!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    thefam.png
    alliancesig.png

The Family / AllianceUSA Proudly Presents:
    Redemption
    For Inspire 4G or Desire HD

*DISCLAIMER*
    You do this knowing all risks involved with flashing a ROM.
    Neither I nor any member of The Family is responsible for any permanent damage.
    This is considered an Alpha release so please treat it like an Alpha and expect bugs and some things not to work properly.

redemptionshowcase.png

*Read This Entire Post Completely Then Read it Again*

[/CENTER]

NOT WORKING:
    -Full video playback may still have glitches but much improved
    -Stock Camera will not record video - use included Abso Cam or other aftermarket camera app and don't ask for fixes
    -Text will occasionally become garbled restart the app, launcher, or phone to correct
    -Phone will very occasionally reboot
    -Other minor bugs

*WARNING*

-Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU flash someone else's kernel.
    -Do not ask for support or complain that something doesn't work because YOU restore apps and/or data and/or system settings from Titanium Backup or Mybackup etc.
    -Do Not ask for ETA on the next release
    -Do Not ask for help if you didn't full wipe before coming from a different rom!
    -Do Not Flame other users in my thread! Read the Rules
    -Please do not post bug reports unless you are specifically asked by a member of our team to test something and report back. We know some things aren't fully functioning.
    -Do not ask for features unless I post a question asking what features people would like. (which will be seldom)
    -Enjoy the rom and remember it is ALPHA Quality and sure to contain bugs

All credits goes to LorDClockan, dh.harald, twistedumbrella, existz, CM crew, Evervolv, synergye, AOKP team, flappjaxxx, and all others that have contributed to this extension of our community!​

What is it you ask?
    -A Serious Work in Progress!
    -This is compiled from from source from the latest Ice Cold Sandwich by LorDClockan
    -Tools app with OTA features
    -ROM Control for even more tweaks
    -Custom Camera Launcher that launches Angel Camera for stills and VideoCam Illusion for Videos
    (You need a player like Rock Player Lite or MXPlayer to Play the Videos)
    -OTA updates.
    -Andrev OC built in with CPU Tweak for custom Sleep/Wake Profiles
    -Custom Preset CPU OC profiles and preset UV settings
    -Latest Gapps for ICS and libs
    -WiFix Manager for those having trouble with WiFi
    -ES File Manager
    -Titanium Backup
    -QuickPic
    -Ram Manager free- Lock launcher in memory for smoother performance
    -Palringo chat app - team chat room is: theandroidcollective (black theme by Trevino07)
    -Tons of Features in Collective Tools in the Settings Menu
    -Ability to download and install Nova Launcher and Trebouchet Launcher along side the default launcher.
    -Again Please keep in mind that this is an Alpha Release. It is very stable for every day use but will contain bugs

Download Redemption
    Changelogs can be found in Goo Manager!

Redemption Q&A

How To:
    1. Back Up your Stuff.
    2. Wipe Data/ Factory Reset
    3. Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache
    4. Flash .zip in recovery
    5. Allow full first boot, reboot
    6. Sign in to Market to add account.
    7. Open Redemption Tools from Settings Menu and make it your own.
    8. Rate the thread and hit some "Thanks" buttons!

Custom OC Profiles & Undervolt Settings:
    Sloth - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemand 122/921
    flappjaxxx - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemand 122/1152
    rasroy - Sleep = conservative 122/384 + Wake = ondemandX 122/1382
    Nun - Sleep = conservative 230/384 + Wake = ondemand 230/1228
    Lone Star - Sleep = conservative 122/122 + Wake = ondemandX 230/1305

In the CPU Tab hit your Menu button and you will see CPU Tweak.
    CPU Tweak is exactly that, it will allow you to fully customize your Sleep and Wake Governors and Clock Speeds.
    *Warning* Do be careful with this as using incorrect settings may have ill effects.
    Do not use these setting unless you know what you are doing.

Undervolting:
    Lite Undervolt = -25mV
    Standard Undervolt = -50mV
    Aggressive Undervolt = -75mV

IceOverlay by alienmind
    This ROM supports overlay script during flash
    Usage:
    put all your apps, scripts, etc what you want to install during rom flash in: sdcard/overlay/xxx
    xxx is for:
    system/app for applications
    system/etc/init.d for scripts
    etc

Credits and Thanks (in no particular order)
    rasroygbiv
    flappjaxxx
    Zelendel
    LorDClockan
    dh.harald
    twistedumbrella
    existz
    CM crew
    Evervolv
    synergye
    AOKP team
    Nunhugger
    Trevino07
    alienmind
    killersloth
    ashies7
    cwhitney24
    Gio22
    Tx Redneck
    mrhaley30705
    Pick A Name
    studacris
    JoeDV
    Sybregunne - For giving us Andrev OC and Daemon Controller
    AngelDeath - For awesome GPS work
    crypted- For awesome GPS Work
    The Family of course!
    Let me know if I forgot anyone!
    The XDA community as a whole!

Donations to the Cause: socalrocker, kimtyson, Zole2112, and a mystery person that didn't pm me their username,... if I forgot you, please let me know!

Extra thanks to Pick_A_Name for furnishing a build machine!!!
    http://64.251.22.101/icanhaznewred/

Nothing new yet. Gonna try to get them all copied back to goo soon.

Thanks Roy and Chris for letting folks know.

There is little to no development on ics. Cm7 is still adding things here and there, but nothing major. Aokp has completely abandoned ics it would appear. If any advancements come that would benefit red, then they will be included. If nothing comes along, then you'll have to keep using the version you have. :) if you can't live without flashing something new, then you may have an addiction and need to seek counseling. :p

Hey Everyone JoeDV has asked me to post this in all of The Collective Threads

While things settle down and we take a short breather, i wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for all their kind words. I would love to thank all of you individually, but that could take days. This is easily the toughest moment of my life, but reading your messages certainly helps to let me stop for a moment and realize how many lives my sweet baby girl had touched.

Tomorrow we begin the viewings, with the funeral occurring on Monday. I'm not quite sure how I'll get through it, but know i have to.
    I thank you all once again from my entire family, and on behalf of Emily who i know would have the biggest smile if she saw all the post there were for her.
    Much love and respect to the DV family.
    Hi just a couple questions:

1 Does the camera work without glitches?
    2 How soon do you expect the next release to come out?
    3 Will you help me troubleshoot if I don't do a full wipe?
    4 Will it cause problems if I restore system data?
    5 Do you like bacon?

ps. j/k

1 Not always
    2 NEVAR
    3 Absotivelyposolutey NOT!
    4 It's ALWYAS possible
    5 Does a bear defecate in the woods?

Oh yeah? It is now hu. THANK YOU FOR PLACING THAT GIANT SCREENSHOT there after i asked about it. Im sure i took the blow for someone else who might have asked for it.

Oh yeah and by the way, if your gonna flame me with a giant screenshot of the md5... USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE BUILD! lol

Be gone...

Sorry....... I will keep my remarks to myself.

As you should

+1

I got your 10 char right here

Rocking Abso bacon...ics style

+eleventybillion!

YESSSSS!!!!!
    Oh yeah? It is now hu. THANK YOU FOR PLACING THAT GIANT SCREENSHOT there after i asked about it. Im sure i took the blow for someone else who might have asked for it.

Oh yeah and by the way, if your gonna flame me with a giant screenshot of the md5... USE THE RIGHT ONE FOR THE BUILD! lol

I will just say it...

Please go flash another ROM.