[Q]Best BUDGET Screen protector

Search This thread

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Hey everyone, I couldn't figure out whether this should be in QnA or Accessories, but I figured it should be here.

Anyway, is there any known brands that do screen protectors, but at a reasonable price.

I know about ZiggZagg etc, but spending £15 on a screen protector to me is ludacrus, they come off/start peeling after not so long, so I couldn't imagine paying that for 1!.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!!

omerkhan90

Dec 6, 2012
Dubai
Umm... the One X has gorilla glass? You don't need a screen cover. That's like trying to wear a sock over your shoe to protect it from the ground....

liorderei

Apr 14, 2011
OnePlus 8
Actually i just ordered the dynaflo hard shield, but i've search for other screen protectors in case it won't be as good as i thought.
I came across skinomi screen protector wich look pretty great and covers almost the entire screen...it cost around 12$ (i dunno what's your budget but i think its pretty cheap..) here's a video about it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwcex1_uJg

hope it helps...

Foukos

Jan 7, 2010
Umm... the One X has gorilla glass? You don't need a screen cover. That's like trying to wear a sock over your shoe to protect it from the ground....

I have learnt the hard way that gorilla glass can not be trusted any more...
That's a shame as it was perfect on my Desire Z...
Hox screen is filled with micro starches out of nowhere....:rolleyes:

Foukos

Jan 7, 2010
I would stay clear of SGP ultra oleophobic...
Its nearly impossible to install correctly, picks up dirt quite easily and the rainbow effect is all over the place...
The only things i like it that it doesn't go round the edges so it wont peel off and the feel of the protector is almost identical to the HOX glass...
For the price i paid not very satisfied since i ruined the 1st one upon installation!

Last edited:

eggshaped

Jan 23, 2010
Cleveland
I feel exactly the same as you. I've been looking for a decent screen protector since I got my One X. Unfortunately I can't advise you on any good ones as I haven't found one yet, but I can tell you don't bother with the official HTC one. I paid something like £8 (if I remember rightly) thinking it's the official one so it should be good but it didn't even fit the phone due to the curved edges. The edges were raise all around it which looked awful.

I'd be interested if anyone does recommend a decent one for a reasonable price.

And for the record, gorilla glass does scratch. It's not things like sharp objects that are the problem but minute grains of dust and sand rubbing against it. It scratches very easily under certain circumstances, such as in a gritty pocket or a pocket with sand in it.

PaKii94

Jun 7, 2012
well ijust recieved the ones from ebay... its clear but the protector doesnt cover the edges and ends like .2 in from the bottom

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
Well, the best that I have use so far is Skinomi. Have gone through all others and end up going back to Skinomi as it is the only which cover from edge to edge. The one who don't tend to collect dust on the side and it just annoying

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk HD

harshalkatakia

Oct 18, 2010
Hey everyone, I couldn't figure out whether this should be in QnA or Accessories, but I figured it should be here.

Anyway, is there any known brands that do screen protectors, but at a reasonable price.

I know about ZiggZagg etc, but spending £15 on a screen protector to me is ludacrus, they come off/start peeling after not so long, so I couldn't imagine paying that for 1!.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated !!!

Capdase makes pretty good screen protectors. Only thing you should be protecting your phone against is sand.

Wilks3y

Aug 3, 2012
Leek
Thanks for all suggestions !
By the looks of it Skinomi looks best for me.

How is the install process, easy?
Does it catch dust or is it a clean install if that makes sense?

Thanks !! :)

biggiebro

Jun 2, 2009
Install process is not as difficult as dsbg, just make sure that your hand is wet

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

2applepies

Jan 11, 2013
let me know what you think about it, i was thinking about buying this myself.

for me, sometimes my screen isn't slick enough when my thumb drags across it and im hoping a screen protector will help

Thanks for all suggestions !
By the looks of it Skinomi looks best for me.

How is the install process, easy?
Does it catch dust or is it a clean install if that makes sense?

Thanks !! :)

mrs1986

Dec 4, 2011
Bestskinsever are the best skins ever, super cheap, great support, i can recomend them enough

bescher

Dec 8, 2010
Hi,
i use bestskinever and i am very happy with it. The skin goes frome edge to edge and is very easy to install. I also compared it with de XO Skin which is much more expensive and coud not see andy diference.

omondisingh

Dec 2, 2010
Colnbrook
I Bought Gorillagard from Amazon for £5.99. It does not cover the whole screen but slightly wider than the ones just cover the center off the screen. The good thing about this screen protector is that if it gets dirty all you have to do is peel it off, wash it with water and stick it back on. It uses static to stick to the screen. The edges are a problem though but i ain't too fussed about it.

Attachments

• IMG-20130117-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20130117-WA0001.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-20130117-WA0002.jpg
    IMG-20130117-WA0002.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 101

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1 - Its nothing like trying to wear a sock over a shoe thats a stupid analogy
    2 - I would of liked a suggestion thanks.