[ROM][4.2.2][AOSP] » LiquidSmooth[UNOFFICIAL] »» Liquid-v2.9»NookTablet[Acclaim]

Search This thread

epic2000

Oct 25, 2009
Mic not working. Browser instability?

For some reason the microphone isn't working on mine, anyone else getting that issue?

Same here - Mic not working on my NT 8GB using Liquid Smooth V2.4.

I'm also seeing some browser instability... Stock browser, Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin all struggle with graphic-rich websites and will fc when pushed hard.

For comparison BubblePNP works beautifully and combined with mxplayer has been happily playing 1080p HD content much more smoothly than any other rom I've so far tried.

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
Liquid.png

Hello and Thank you for this rom

I do have the 16GB version so these ROMs were suppose to work fine.

I have had nothing but problems with several other roms for the nook tablet but this one is great.

I ended up trying Paranoid Android 3+ and it just froze at the boot, even after reboot and still after data/cache/davlik wipes(several times before reboot)

I ended up doing what has been the norm around here for years.

Code:
Boot in recovery
Wipe Data
Wipe Cache
Wipe Davlik

Rewipe Data
Rewipe Cache
Rewipe Davlik

Installed LiquidSmooth Rom 
Fixed permissions
Installed Gapps

Wiped Data/Cache/Davlik

Rebooted into ROM

This was the first of 3 roms for the Nook Tablet that actually worked with zero bugs or issues.
I simply used Wertz's sd boot image to get into recovery in the first place, then inserted separate sd card with rom and gapps to install.

AGAIN, THANKYOU for this ROM!

---------- Post added at 08:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:27 PM ----------

Same here - Mic not working on my NT 8GB using Liquid Smooth V2.4.

I'm also seeing some browser instability... Stock browser, Chrome, Firefox and Dolphin all struggle with graphic-rich websites and will fc when pushed hard.

For comparison BubblePNP works beautifully and combined with mxplayer has been happily playing 1080p HD content much more smoothly than any other rom I've so far tried.

You are going to have to update the gapps to get the mic working.

I had same issue with a different rom at first and learned my lesson before trying the mic on this ROM, but it does work.

Go into play store and make sure to update and google apps including google search and VOILA

-----------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE #1:

Wanted to add. Youtube does not seem to work, it will open and load the vids and all that, but will not play video

Apollo music player will not play audio.

Installed google play music to check, same issue, will load and shows all albums and such, but when you go to play the music it seems like it doesn't know where to put the audio out from.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

RESOLUTION #1

Using Xposed I modified Netflix settings and rebooted. All is well with Netflix!

Resolution #2

Same works for Youtube using Xposed settings mods YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

RESOLUTION #3

After Reboot with nothing done, music players now output to headphones and speaker

Last edited:

miked0602

Mar 10, 2012
Chicago
Flashed this ROM last night along with Nemesis 2.4 kernel. Wow! This is nice. Great work demetris_I! I clocked it down to 1Ghz and use CPUTuner to turn off wifi when screen is off.

After reading for about 2 hours last night and letting it sit overnight I was still over 80% when I got up this morning.
Typically I would lose more than that just reading (using either Aldiko or Play Books) when I was running CM10.

Thank you for your efforts and please keep up the great work!

Yes the battery life is great, I have been watching movies and installing a lot of stuff since 10am and at 945pm it was at 15%
The nook color was dead within a few hours so this is great

For some reason the microphone isn't working on mine, anyone else getting that issue?

As I stated above update google search and all other apps and reboot

Fun in the sun

How do I uninstall Nova?

Nova is a system app, you will have to get it out of system.
But first you are going to have to have a replacement launcher from what I can see before you remove nova.

I came to that conclusion based on trying to change the default launcher. When clicked it refreshes nova settings (hence no other launcher provided)

I am glad I bought nova launcher prime a few years ago and its been as purchase in my apps since then.
Now I finally get to use it again.

Last edited:

satan89

Sep 21, 2009
Bangalore, Mangalore
I just flashed v2.4 on my 16gb NT. Its amazingly smooth and responsive. I did find a minor bug when activating the tablet ui mode, any icon I tapped on in the status bar while in tablet mode gave me a ui force close message.

Also, is it possible to toggle the bottom Nav bar with the 'n' button ? The ROM I came from previously gave options to remap hardware keys like the ''n' button, which can be useful. For eg- when watching a video on MX player , the navbar always blocks the media play back option, and when it auto hides, the playback options auto hide too. I could previously overcome this by using the 'n' button to toggle the nav bar to hide/show no matter what..

Anyway , I am really pleased with the ROM otherwise :good: thank you for this

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
Thanks for the reports, i have removed V2.9.
False alarm boys next time test better, please.
Link re-upped.

Last edited:

Rebeljt

Jan 1, 2012
Roy
Thanks for the reports, i have removed V2.9.

I was finally able to get around it. I installed 2.4 and gapps. Did a factory reset and wipe of dalvik. I booted in but only setup the tablet. I did not associate it with my gmail account. I booted back into cwm and flashed 2.9 and then it booted up. So far so good. I am just reloading apps now.

JT

Rebeljt

Jan 1, 2012
Roy
I was finally able to get around it. I installed 2.4 and gapps. Did a factory reset and wipe of dalvik. I booted in but only setup the tablet. I did not associate it with my gmail account. I booted back into cwm and flashed 2.9 and then it booted up. So far so good. I am just reloading apps now.

JT

Not sure what happened but after installing some more apps I got stuck on boot animation again. I've decided to move on to CM 10.2.

Cheers,

JT

andrea89

Dec 28, 2011
Rome
Thanks demetris for your work! I have a question, my Nook 16 gb is in CM10 "Jelly Bean" 0.08.3. Can i install Liquid 2.4, or before go to CM 10.1? thanks

Jim40216

Jul 15, 2011
El Reno, Oklahoma
external sd card

my external sd card does not work. tried in and out a few times. used it to load update zip so i know its good. took it out reformed it put it back and nook dont see it. any suggs????

neonblur

Jul 13, 2009
hoping someone can help with an issue im having. not a noob at flashing roms but i am sure feeling like one now. flashed rom, coming from PA, as long as i dont flash the gapps the rom will boot but if i flash the gapps i get stuck in the CWM bootloop. used the flashable bootloop fix to get out of it, but no gapps when i boot back into the rom. i have tried more than one gapps.zip and followed all the normal steps to flashing a rom...anyone able to help clear this up so i can get the gapps back and dig into this rom? thanks!!!

***nevermind just needed to update my cwm recovery version, duh...

Last edited:

Mineturtle33

Jan 15, 2013
I am totally going to port this.

I want to port this to the Nook Color, but i need to know if this ROM also supports 8GB devices. And, is there anything else i should know before i port it?

rumi409

Aug 29, 2009
Weird Partition Table

When I install this ROM, I only have 1GB of SD card storage space. The system partition seems to have 12GB of space. Shouldn't it be the other way around? If so, how do I fix it? Thanks.

Swiissjokr

Dec 14, 2011
I can't download the latest ROM becuz the link to the server is down...

Edit: its fixed now

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Liquid.png

HTML:
    #include 
    /*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     */

liq0005group1.png

LiquidSmooth is an aftermarket firmware based on the Android Open Source Project.
    We are dedicated to providing Android users with smooth, stable and fast Roms. We start with a fast, and lightweight modified AOSP base, and then add the features you crave!
    Please feel free to look at and use our code on LiquidSmooth GitHub.
    While we make every effort to test these builds as much as possible, we are not responsible for anything that may happen to your device, family, pets, or perception of reality. We ask that you do your part to know your device and know how to recover from problems before you flash!

Features:

- Google GCC 4.7 Toolchain
    - O3
    - Strict-Aliasing (Linaro)
    - C++11 Mode
    - Optimized String Handling Routines (Linaro/Sony)
    - Misc other Linaro and Code Aurora Optimizations
    - Customizable lockscreen buttons and sliders
    - Chronus clock widget
    - Customizable hardware and software keys
    - Transparent navbar and status bar
    - Customizable navbar ring
    - Navigation bar widgets
    - Customizable power menu
    - Notification power widget
    - Customizable quicksettings panel
    - Statusbar mods
    - Theme engine
    - Quiet hours
    - Volume rocker music controls
    - Full Rotation
    - Customizable battery and notification light

liquidpooga.png

Download Links:

You can find LiquidSmooth Rom

Goo.im http://goo.im/devs/demetris/Acclaim/LiquidSmooth

V2.9 http://tinyw.in/fTSD
    V2.4 http://d-h.st/425

Gapps:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-jb-20130301-signed.zip
    Latest SuperSU V1.30 Package Attached, flash from recovery.
    Cheers ;)
    Just wanted to give my feedback on this rom as well.

I wiped CM 10.1 a week or so ago, and gave the Carbon ROM a try. It was ok, but not as smooth as I had hoped, so I decided to give Liquid Smooth a shot.

I wiped data / factory reset, installed 2.4 Final, gapps, then the NOF Kernel and modules. Rebooted, and everything appeared to be working upon initial inspection. All my old apps were reloaded, and I was then ready to give it a test drive.

I tried Youtube, and had the very common issue of the video freezing up while the sound continues to play. I believe that this is a common problem with 4.2 ROMs, and fixed it in the usual manner - uninstall Youtube, then re-install. Problem fixed.

I then tried to clean up the Nova launcher page, but every time I long-pressed, the screen would rotate 90 degrees, preventing me from moving and/or deleting the icon. This issue was mentioned above as well, with a suggestion to install Trebuchet, which I did. It also exhibited the same issue. :p

I went into Settings, and checked out the Display's auto-rotate settings, then turned it off. This put the tablet in permanent landscape mode, but I was able to move icons around, etc. I then went back into settings, turned on auto rotation, and made sure that all options were checked (previously, the 270 option was left unchecked).

With that change made, trebuchet still worked fine. I tested Nova, and it was also fine. So, I uninstalled trebuchet and am now using the Nova launcher with no problems.

This ROM (with the NOF kernel) is incredibly smooth, and is now my daily driver. Great work, demetris!
    Updated OP with goo.im link.
    From now on will be the first place for uploads as dev-host is deleting packages after 1 month of download inactivity.
    This is Mine! :D
    I'm preparing to flash it right now with the 1.52 kernel! Nice job Demetris!

Update: Running smooth as gold. Nice ROM Demetris! It's even fast at 300 mhz!