[Q] Clear recent task or not?

Search This thread

lpganesh

Jul 3, 2010
Sorry for n00b question....

Should I clear recent task or not?

I am rooted wit stock ROM + xposed + gravitybox + Franco kernel.
Earlier i had greenify and had poor battery life and more ram usage (I think greenify uses more ram)
Now i have uninstalled greenify. And battery life is improved.

Just want to know whether clearing recent task make any improvement or not?

gee2012

Recognized Contributor
Jul 13, 2010
Heerlen

Earlier i had greenify and had poor battery life and more ram usage (I think greenify uses more ram)

Look here for more info on Ram management http://developer.android.com/training/articles/memory.html. Stopping some apps will not help that much as some apps restart themselves again.

Last edited:
Reactions: lpganesh

Mr hOaX

Jan 30, 2014

Hi mate,

Having a high end device and clearing RAM again and again is not good because more amount of RAM usage in Android better would be the performance ;)
This is only applicable to high end devices!

Btw how much battery backup does Franco kernel gives you?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

lpganesh

Jul 3, 2010
Hi mate,

Having a high end device and clearing RAM again and again is not good because more amount of RAM usage in Android better would be the performance ;)
This is only applicable to high end devices!

Btw how much battery backup does Franco kernel gives you?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
With stock kernel, i used to hardly get 3 to 3.hrs of SOT (screen on time)
But with Franco kernal, I get 4 to 4.5 hrs SOT. Mainly I notice the change in battery consumption during sleep which helps me in having higher SOT.

gbarayah

Dec 2, 2009
California

Android manages RAM differently than other operating systems. In short, less RAM usage is not necessarily a good thing. Apps are stored in RAM so when you launch them, they are more readily available.

The operating system will automatically dump apps out of the background if more RAM is needed for whatever task you are completing at that moment.

If you're experiencing unusual battery drain - even when the device is sleeping - check out an application called Better Battery Stats. It will help you identify what apps are causing wakelocks.

I am using the stock kernel and have gotten over 5 hours of SOT on LTE in the course of a day's use - which is not unheard of.

Reactions: lpganesh

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Look here for more info on Ram management http://developer.android.com/training/articles/memory.html. Stopping some apps will not help that much as some apps restart themselves again.

Android manages RAM differently than other operating systems. In short, less RAM usage is not necessarily a good thing. Apps are stored in RAM so when you launch them, they are more readily available.

The operating system will automatically dump apps out of the background if more RAM is needed for whatever task you are completing at that moment.

If you're experiencing unusual battery drain - even when the device is sleeping - check out an application called Better Battery Stats. It will help you identify what apps are causing wakelocks.

I am using the stock kernel and have gotten over 5 hours of SOT on LTE in the course of a day's use - which is not unheard of.